You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah ring the doctor mate I know a few who have done the same. 

Or just hang on till Saturday when winter ends because it will be over by then 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

According to Betsi cadwalladr health board I'm supposed to be notified by tomorrow at the latest about when and were I'm supposed to be getting the jab as of now I've heard fuck all .

I've Tried going on line to try and book it myself but it's not offering me anything. 

Give Betsi a kick up the hoop.

Listening to that fat twat Jon Craig on Sky News slobbering over the Covid lockdown vote and showing the shocking not so subtle bias that comes regarding the Labour Party

First of all he mentions the Tory rebels such as Steve Baker, Peter Bone etc etc no pigeon holing them as far-right .

Then we get to the 22 Labour rebels like Burgeon who is called a Corbynista , leftie Dawn Butler , McDonnell Corbynista , Clive Lewis leftie, Ben Bradshaw he’s not a leftie he’s a Blairite ....

craig01.jpg?w=736

Newsnight just went in hard with, what I think is an exclusive, that the UK is importing lots of variants from overseas and if so the ‘roadmap’ will be mute as these break the conditions of removal of restrictions. 

From a leaked document from PHE.

Especially the SA variety which can reduce efficacy of the vaccine by 50%!

This doesn’t sound great, they're just saying close the borders.

I’m going to bed and hoping the last year was all a really, really fucking shit dream.

31 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Newsnight just went in hard with, what I think is an exclusive, that the UK is importing lots of variants from overseas and if so the ‘roadmap’ will be mute as these break the conditions of removal of restrictions. 

From a leaked document from PHE.

Especially the SA variety which can reduce efficacy of the vaccine by 50%!

This doesn’t sound great, they're just saying close the borders.

I’m going to bed and hoping the last year was all a really, really fucking shit dream.

I’m more distressed by the word in bold. I won’t be able to sleep now you bastard. 

• Upvote 2

Just close the fucking borders for all but absolutely essential things like goods etc being brought in.

We are uniquely placed as an island compared to rest of europe to do so.

In the meantime vaccinate like fuck here and get life back to something like normal ASAP.

I see the EU has given more vaccines to other countries than it’s kept for themselves. 

I know some of them have come our way and I see the merit in helping “the world” but shouldn’t the EU’s main role to protect the EU population first? 

Glad I had my second dose now with all this sabre-rattling going on. 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/mar/26/france-uk-struggle-source-second-covid-jabs-eu-blackmail?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

France claims UK will struggle to source second Covid jabs

Britain will struggle to source second Covid jabs for those who have already had their first dose but the EU will not be “blackmailed” into exporting vaccine to solve the problem, France’s foreign minister has claimed.

Jean-Yves Le Drian, a close political ally of the French president, Emmanuel Macron, claimed that the UK’s success had been built on driving forward with first jabs without having secured the second necessary for full vaccination.

The EU and the UK are locked in talks about the fate of Oxford/AstraZeneca jabs produced in a factory in the Netherlands.

In an interview with FranceInfo radio, Le Drian suggested that the EU should not have to lose out on the doses to help Britain with a problem of its own making.

EU officials and top-rank politicians have repeatedly said they will block any export request by AstraZeneca.

“The UK is proud to have vaccinated many people with the first dose, but they will have a problem with the second dose,” Le Drian said. “And we are fully vaccinated with two doses, not one. Today we have the same number of fully vaccinated people in France and the United Kingdom.

“A cooperative relationship must be found with the UK so that AstraZeneca fulfils its signed commitments with the EU, but we can’t accept any sort of blackmail. The UK is pushing for the first jab, knowing there will be problems with the second one. Europe does not have to pay the price for this policy.”

The French government did not respond to requests for evidence for Le Drian’s claim.

British government sources insist the delivery of second doses in the UK could still go ahead on schedule, even if shipments from the Dutch plant are blocked – although they are keen to avoid that eventuality.

“Factoring in all the challenges, we still think we can meet the target set out,” said an official.

According to the UK government’s latest data, 55% of adults aged over 18 have received a first jab and 5.3% have had a second dose.

The speed of the government’s rollout was in part based on a the decision in early January to prioritise the first dose of a vaccine, with a second dose up to 12 weeks later, a larger gap than originally planned.

Earlier this month, Boris Johnson said the UK had sufficient supplies to ensure that people were given their second jabs on time. “We will have the second doses that people need within the 12 week window, which means around 12 million people in April,” the prime minister said.

People in the UK are receiving doses of two vaccines approved by the medicine regulator: the Pfizer/BioNTech jab, of which 20m doses have so far been imported from Puurs, Belgium, and the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is sourced from two UK sites, in Oxford and Keele Science Park, Staffordshire, along with the Serum Institute of India and the Halix plant in the Dutch city of Leiden.

The UK sites have, however, suffered yield problems, leaving the UK with only 30% of expected deliveries in this first quarter.

There have also been delays to expected deliveries from India and on Thursday the Indian government ordered the Serum Institute to halt exports until local needs were met.

The NHS has warned vaccination centres that the number of people getting the first dose of their Covid-19 jab will be “constrained” for four weeks from 29 March as a result of a “significant” reduction in the vaccine supply available.

The UK government has said it is prioritising the nine priority high risk groups and second doses, but that it was on track to offer a first jab to every adult by the end of July. Officials are, however, insistent that the UK has the right to the “significant number” of doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine in the Netherlands. The latest conference call between EU and UK officials is expected on Saturday. The two sides have said they are seeking a “win-win” outcome.

A European commission spokesperson said: “The discussions with the UK are ongoing. We do not have any comments to make at the moment on the content of those discussions.

“But as you know our common aim is to ensure that we have good cooperation in terms of supply chains in terms of producing the vaccine. We have noted the India decision … I have no comment to make on the link between the Indian decision and any discussions under way with the United Kingdom.”

In a sign of the difficulty of the issue, on Thursday evening, following a virtual summit of EU leaders, both the European commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, and Macron insisted that they would not allow AstraZeneca, which has only delivered to the EU 30m doses of the expected 120m this quarter, to export to the UK.

“Companies have to honour their contract to the European Union before they export to other regions in the world. This is of course the case with AstraZeneca,” von der Leyen said. “I think it is clear that the company [AstraZeneca] has to catch up and honour the contract it has with the EU member states before it can engage again in exporting vaccines.”

Macron told reporters in Paris: “I support the fact that we must block all exports for as long as some drug companies don’t respect their commitments with Europeans.”

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Stickman said:

Listening to that fat twat Jon Craig on Sky News slobbering over the Covid lockdown vote and showing the shocking not so subtle bias that comes regarding the Labour Party

First of all he mentions the Tory rebels such as Steve Baker, Peter Bone etc etc no pigeon holing them as far-right .

Then we get to the 22 Labour rebels like Burgeon who is called a Corbynista , leftie Dawn Butler , McDonnell Corbynista , Clive Lewis leftie, Ben Bradshaw he’s not a leftie he’s a Blairite ....

craig01.jpg?w=736

He looks like a ventriloquist's dummy there.

Steve Gaker , Gen Gradshaw , gottle o geer etc.