You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

How come nobody's binned the Pfizer one off? Politics?

Not entirely sure what the Norwegian politic play is here. If it is indeed correct their findings, I personally think it is fine for them to look at the data and if they feel it warrants a temporary stop to using this vaccine until more studies has been conducted, that is surely a good thing.

'I like this painting.'

'One dog says covid gives you blood clots and the other says the vaccine gives you blood clots.'

'And the guys thinking "Whaddya want from me?" The guys got a nice head of white hair, the dog it looks the same.'

blog Pileggi two dogs.jpg

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Elite said:

'I like this painting.'

'One dog says covid gives you blood clots and the other says the vaccine gives you blood clots.'

'And the guys thinking "Whaddya want from me?" The guys got a nice head of white hair, the dog it looks the same.'

blog Pileggi two dogs.jpg

Looks like someone we know 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a funny thread in Twitter where people are posting real restaurant reviews complaining the food is bland and tasteless. Mmm, I wonder why you can’t taste anything? 

She's still not got her taste back fully after 5 and a half months. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She's still not got her taste back fully after 5 and a half months. 

This would be a good time to order a Chicken Vindaloo. If that doesn't bring her taste buds to life, nothing will. Except maybe a Chicken Fal. But there's a reason that's not on any menus.

Has anyone been sent a text to book a vaccination that they weren’t expecting ?  Im mid-40s, no underlying health issues that I know of (I haven’t been to a doctor in 15 years) and I received one Friday.  Clicked on the link and was able to book one for this Friday.  Of course now Ive gone all neurotic, feeling guilty for taking it and worrying that I have some health problem Im not aware of.  Im like Woody Allen barring the kiddie fiddling.

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Has anyone been sent a text to book a vaccination that they weren’t expecting ?  Im mid-40s, no underlying health issues that I know of (I haven’t been to a doctor in 15 years) and I received one Friday.  Clicked on the link and was able to book one for this Friday.  Of course now Ive gone all neurotic, feeling guilty for taking it and worrying that I have some health problem Im not aware of.  Im look Woody Allen barring the kiddie fiddling.

Welcome back Spy Bee. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Has anyone been sent a text to book a vaccination that they weren’t expecting ?  Im mid-40s, no underlying health issues that I know of (I haven’t been to a doctor in 15 years) and I received one Friday.  Clicked on the link and was able to book one for this Friday.  Of course now Ive gone all neurotic, feeling guilty for taking it and worrying that I have some health problem Im not aware of.  Im look Woody Allen barring the kiddie fiddling.

How would they know if you have some health problem you're not aware of If you haven't seen a Dr in 15 years?

If they've sent for you it's your turn so just have the jab.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Has anyone been sent a text to book a vaccination that they weren’t expecting ?  Im mid-40s, no underlying health issues that I know of (I haven’t been to a doctor in 15 years) and I received one Friday.  Clicked on the link and was able to book one for this Friday.  Of course now Ive gone all neurotic, feeling guilty for taking it and worrying that I have some health problem Im not aware of.  Im like Woody Allen barring the kiddie fiddling.

Might find that different GP surgeries in different areas will have a bit of latitude to use-up vaccines now, as they do have an expiry. They'd rather get as many jabs in arms as possible than start to give people their 2nd one.  

Several European countries have suspended their rollout of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine after reports of blood clotting in some patients in Norway. However, medical experts have said that the vaccine is safe and there is no proven causal link between the clots and the vaccine. In a statement, AstraZeneca also said there were 37 cases out of 17 million vaccinations.

47 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Several European countries have suspended their rollout of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine after reports of blood clotting in some patients in Norway. However, medical experts have said that the vaccine is safe and there is no proven causal link between the clots and the vaccine. In a statement, AstraZeneca also said there were 37 cases out of 17 million vaccinations.

Slim odds. Would be hard to prove causation at that level. Id have thought clots would be at least as frequent regardless of vaccine?

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

A number of people are getting these now, don't worry about it. 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Seems more likely Europe are jealous of the progress made in the UK for vaccinating and have decided to throw a spanner in the works specifically for the UK produced vaccine. If I'm presented with that one I'll be more than happy to get it in the arm.

55 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Seems more likely Europe are jealous of the progress made in the UK for vaccinating and have decided to throw a spanner in the works specifically for the UK produced vaccine. If I'm presented with that one I'll be more than happy to get it in the arm.

Could be politically motivated as literally everybody is playing games since the vaccination started. Iceland and Norway have also paused AZ whilst Switzerland never approved it.

According to the data provided by the EU, all AZ vaccine administered on the continent is produced in the EU, UK has not delivered anything, it only receives vaccines from the EU, mostly Pfizer BioNTech.

Although, it is not quite clear what would the pausing achieve, as AZ has already massively under-delivered. If there was enough from BioNTech, Moderna and soon J&J, EU would be more than happy to fuck off AZ tomorrow. But there isn't. And with the latest news they don't foresee approving Sputnik before May, that is not going to happen before autumn either.