You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It was novel then, it's not now.

Anyone who thinks vaccines are not the main cause of the drop off is fucking daft.

I did not discuss vaccines. i talked about your idea that seasonal is having more impact than lockdowns. of course the vaccine makes an impact, i haven't seen 1 post that suggests otherwise. but the drop off isn't seasonal. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

BBC Ben using his question at the Coronavirus press conference to ask about the Royal Family.

What the fuck is up with the cunts. Peston last summer asked something similarly irrelevant when the pandemic was in full swing 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I did not discuss vaccines. i talked about your idea that seasonal is having more impact than lockdowns. of course the vaccine makes an impact, i haven't seen 1 post that suggests otherwise. but the drop off isn't seasonal. 

He has to put 'seasonal' in, otherwise the drop off last year under the first lockdown- when no fucker was vaccinated- can't be handwaved away.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

this time last year was the time it was accelerating! he can put seasonal in all he likes, it's fucking delusional. 

No no- by April last year, everybody had already had it and lockdown wasn't necessary because of T cells. Or something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

It was novel then, it's not now.

Anyone who thinks vaccines are not the main cause of the drop off is fucking daft.

Vaccines may well be the end of it, or as close as possible, but right now it’s the 2 month lockdown we’ve been in that’s yielding the most results. There was no vaccine and we got down to almost fuck all illness flying about last year, so what was the reason for that?

• Upvote 1

Just now, belarus said:

Vaccines may well be the end of it, or as close as possible, but right now it’s the 2 month lockdown we’ve been in that’s yielding the most results. There was no vaccine and we got down to almost fuck all illness flying about last year, so what was the reason for that?

See above...

18 minutes ago, belarus said:

He'll call you a cunt for that 

5 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

...the level of lockdown we have had I think probably has little impact on infection rates. We have had more excess deaths that Sweden.

Put it this way, if I was ranking the reasons for the big drop off now, I would go with

1) Immunity

2) Seasonality

3) Lockdown

One of the maddest things I’ve ever read.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Deffo been on here too long. Bloke from Sage was on the news before saying his 18 year old daughter was looking forward to going back to college, and the first thing I thought was "pics or GTFO".

Hahahaha 

2 hours ago, belarus said:

Seasonality started to kick in.

• Downvote 1

No. We had great weather. Coronavirus don't like UV light. When it's nice we live more outside, so less indoors in houses where it is most likely to spread.

I'm not saying lockdown had no impact, I just think it will prove to be negligible. This stuff is going to take years to unpack, but I would be surprised if at the end of it all they think that half arsed lockdowns is a good strategy for future pandemics.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

No. We had great weather. Coronavirus don't like UV light. When it's nice we live more outside, so less indoors in houses where it is most likely to spread.

I'm not saying lockdown had no impact, I just think it will prove to be negligible. This stuff is going to take years to unpack, but I would be surprised if at the end of it all they think that half arsed lockdowns is a good strategy for future pandemics.

Brazil. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You're a fucking nut. It was glorious last year when it was running wild. And 2 weeks ago the weather was fucking shit. The cases are down because lockdown works and 1/3 of the population has had its 1st jab, so even if they're catching it, it's probably pretty unlikely that they know to shape the numbers. 

Edit... I have to ask this, but are you just on a wind up to see who you can get to bite? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You're a fucking nut. It was glorious last year when it was running wild. And 2 weeks ago the weather was fucking shit. The cases are down because lockdown works and 1/3 of the population has had its 1st jab, so even if they're catching it, it's probably pretty unlikely that they know to shape the numbers. 

I said that the vaccine was the main reason.

Last year it was novel. Look it's an opinion, and nobody really knows yet. It will all be studied and unpacked and one day we'll have a good understanding. Why do you think we had higher excess deaths than Sweden, which had very minimal measures, after initially having none at all?

Just now, Spy Bee said:

I said that the vaccine was the main reason.

Last year it was novel. Looks it's an opinion, and nobody really knows yet. It will all be studied and unpacked and one day we'll have a good understanding. Why do you think we had higher excess deaths than Sweden, which had very minimal measures =, after initially having none at all?

Because we have a different country. London, like New York got fucked because of their position as international cities and transit zones. The rest of the UK had knock on impacts from there.

And Sweden wasn't as open as you like to pretend, but that's another worn story on here. 

27 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You're fucking insane. Get help.

• Upvote 1