You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Won't post again on this thread for a few days/a week then he'll jump in with "Nobody in Antarctica wears a mask, why are their cases so low? I'll wait" or some waffle. Reminds me of the scene with Kendall in Succession after he tries to overthrow his dad, fucks it right up then wanders aimlessly across the street looking like a 1 year old whose Ice Cream has just been stolen by a seagull. 

That Poo graph though, I'd completely forgotten about that. If my arse could draw like that I'd exploit it. 

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

We should also have to reach some kind of agreement on what exactly constitutes a "lockdown".

In Japans case it was a State of Emergency called that had not been used up until now - so for them that would be fairly substantial - but it is not a UK lockdown by any measure. And no one would have ever mentioned it under that context. Well, almost no one.

As an aside - the talks now are that they will not allow any spectators from outside Japan for the Olympics. 

That's putting your money where your mouth is - they take this shit pretty seriously.

Here on Scilly we've had 3 cases in 12 months.  

Population 2500. 

Tourist season July to October 2020 saw thousands come here. 

Two important aspects:

- we all wear masks

- dickheads are made to behave 

We have some of the same pinch points as anywhere else; supermarket, airport, school, offices, bars, cafes, care home. 

A lot of this pandemic has been down to bad tits, and that's upto communities to help police, as the government don't want to do it.  

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

We should also have to reach some kind of agreement on what exactly constitutes a "lockdown".

If cases are rising, it's not a proper lockdown. If they're falling, it is a proper lockdown. Essentially whatever it needs to be to support the broken argument that putting an entire country under house arrest is for your own good.

31 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Here on Scilly we've had 3 cases in 12 months.  

Population 2500. 

Tourist season July to October 2020 saw thousands come here. 

Two important aspects:

- we all wear masks

- dickheads are made to behave 

We have some of the same pinch points as anywhere else; supermarket, airport, school, offices, bars, cafes, care home. 

A lot of this pandemic has been down to bad tits, and that's upto communities to help police, as the government don't want to do it.  

I dunno, I've never been comfortable with this narrative that somehow the public is to blame. 

Sure, some people have acted daft, but it also fits the narrative to report it. 

Basically the government didn't take it seriously, the prime minister of the day didn't attend five cobra meetings when it was kicking off, and his chief advisor said it wasn't a big deal if 'some old grannies died'.

They never shut the borders, they spunked money on an app that didn't work and a track and trace that didn't work, owned by their mates, not to mention antibody tests that didn't work and even a sizeable amount of PPE that didn't work.

Then they said you could go out to restaurants and go on holiday before often pulling the plug at the 11th hour, causing distress and money down the spout for joe six pack, then they said you could have a proper Christmas, then pulled the plug on that too, causing distress and worry and loss of income. Then said kids could go back to school, then the actual same day said they couldn't, causing distress and panic.

Rather than give a fuck about all this though, and the grand theft exacted on the public purse by their chums, the plod and shite media working in concert have literally terrorised people with drones going for walks in open fields, or confiscated their easter eggs.

Whenever the cases go up, they send a crew out with the coppers to break up some students having a spliff and a few beers, something which bizarrely me and you are somehow also partly responsible for, even though 99.99% of people are willingly submitting to the greatest suspension of their personal freedoms possibly in the history of this county.

That's what we do though and what we've always done, we weaponise ordinary folk against ordinary folk while the media plays cheerleader and our palaces and offices of state are filled with gangsters and thieves.

• Upvote 22

The parties in order of who is most at fault are 1. Big business 2. China 3. Governments 4. The average joe.

The reason this pandemic exists is this proximity we've created between animals and humans through factory farming, the destruction of habitats, etc... which exposes us to viruses. Then, China being sneaky cunts. Then, most governments being morons. Then, your average Karen/whatever male name refers to the idiot who wouldn't take this seriously.

When you look at that and what the fixes are for those things, it doesn't look good for the next pandemic, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I dunno, I've never been comfortable with this narrative that somehow the public is to blame. 

Sure, some people have acted daft, but it also fits the narrative to report it. 

Basically the government didn't take it seriously, the prime minister of the day didn't attend five cobra meetings when it was kicking off, and his chief advisor said it wasn't a big deal if 'some old grannies died'.

They never shut the borders, they spunked money on an app that didn't work and a track and trace that didn't work, owned by their mates, not to mention antibody tests that didn't work and even a sizeable amount of PPE that didn't work.

Then they said you could go out to restaurants and go on holiday before often pulling the plug at the 11th hour, causing distress and money down the spout for joe six pack, then they said you could have a proper Christmas, then pulled the plug on that too, causing distress and worry and loss of income. Then said kids could go back to school, then the actual same day said they couldn't, causing distress and panic.

Rather than give a fuck about all this though, and the grand theft exacted on the public purse by their chums, the plod and shite media working in concert have literally terrorised people with drones going for walks in open fields, or confiscated their easter eggs.

Whenever the cases go up, they send a crew out with the coppers to break up some students having a spliff and a few beers, something which bizarrely me and you are somehow also partly responsible for, even though 99.99% of people are willingly submitting to the greatest suspension of their personal freedoms possibly in the history of this county.

That's what we do though and what we've always done, we weaponise ordinary folk against ordinary folk while the media plays cheerleader and our palaces and offices of state are filled with gangsters and thieves.

Some very sound points mate but as with most things the truth lies somewhere in between. The Government have been corrupt and negligent but there are plenty of cunts out there don't or want to follow even the simplest of precautions . The IOS is not a great example.  It's nearly 30 miles offshore and has no regular sailings or flights in the winter, Everyone knows each other and a vested interest in looking after the well being of the community. You are not going to get that in urban mainland enviroments to anything like the same degree, 

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

The IOS is not a great example.  It's nearly 30 miles offshore and has no regular sailings or flights in the winter, Everyone knows each other and a vested interest in looking after the well being of the community. You are not going to get that in urban mainland enviroments to anything like the same degree, 

We've had planes all winter, the law didn't stop second home owners coming over, they argue they are doing 'essential work' on the maintenance of their properties.  We also have loads of builders coming over to do work for businesses.  But there has been lots of LF tests, and thats down to responsible businesses insisting on it. It only takes 1 person to start a chain reaction here, and we're all acutely aware of it.  That said, we have our fill of Covid deniers and loons. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

So everybody who had a different opinion than you is a crank? Nobody knew. Academics were disagreeing on many issues.  

If you think me posting my opinion on here is dangerous, you're a moron!

Oh so you're now accepting you had these crazy ideas? You were getting debunked with your shit on a daily basis, but you refused to let it slow you down. You didn't care if what you were spouting was either wrong or dangerous, you just wanted some shite positive narrative. 

11 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Who is claiming that it is down to seasonality?

It's clearly down to the vaccine, complimented by a level of immunity provided by infection as well as seasonality. It did infect many people this time last year, but it was novel. Coronavirus in this country tend to be seasonal... not as seasonal as flu, but seasonal. 

The rates on infection are plummeting and the rates of death are now falling even faster. If Covid was the only issue to consider, then sure, let's wait another few months, but it's not, so let's strike the right balance. Immunity in the country is literally increasing by the hour, so let's just choose the right moment to release restrictions, not wait until we're all dead from old age!

You are absolutely fucking mental. "Until we're all dead from old age". It's another 3 months you. Fucking grow up, you sound like you're about 6 years old. 

11 hours ago, Mudface said:

Because, yet again, you're completely glossing over the massive effect that lockdowns have had on curbing infections and the subsequent knock on effects on hospitalisations and deaths. We've has this all the way along with you. It's never the blindingly obvious reason that preventing people getting together and spreading the virus stops infections, it always has to be something else. 

Stop it mudface. The virus is just naturally fading away. We all know it's true. 

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Texas throwing in the towel - opening everything up - repealing Federal mask mandate.

Is Spy Bee in charge? 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You are absolutely fucking mental. "Until we're all dead from old age". It's another 3 months you. Fucking grow up, you sound like you're about 6 years old. 

Stop it mudface. The virus is just naturally fading away. We all know it's true. 

Is Spy Bee in charge? 

Fizzling out, T-cells, we've all had it etc etc etc.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

Some very sound points mate but as with most things the truth lies somewhere in between. The Government have been corrupt and negligent but there are plenty of cunts out there don't or want to follow even the simplest of precautions . The IOS is not a great example.  It's nearly 30 miles offshore and has no regular sailings or flights in the winter, Everyone knows each other and a vested interest in looking after the well being of the community. You are not going to get that in urban mainland enviroments to anything like the same degree, 

I think a lot of people and I suppose by people I mean largely "common garden variety window lickers" take their cue from the government. If they see chaos, or corruption, or mixed messaging, some of them won't comply. Or they will for a while then fuck it off. 

I suppose it's a bit chicken and egg but I think there are very few countries with reasonably competent and consistent governments that have a large quantity of people not following the rules. 

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I thought it would given I know absolutely fuck all about viruses or pandemics.

Don’t let that stop you, no one else has.  You could be in the radio or telly challenging people who’ve worked in the field all their careers. 

Next time I’m ill I’m definitely going to go to an expert in a different condition.  Or if I get arrested I’m going to employ an IP lawyer rather than a criminal lawyer.