Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1342 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you count every death as a covid death, regardless of whether they actually are, it's quite easy to get to 90,000.

Who is doing that? 

20 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I do not understand that at all. By the end of April UK will have vaccinated at least half of the population. There is also a considerable percentage of people who were already in contact with the virus. Where would this number of 90,000 deaths come from, if, presumably, all vulnerable categories would be vaccinated by then?

No matter how accurate it is, if that lot are saying don't open up, on current track record, I'd back their guesstimate than the tithead in 10 Downing street.

That cunt has cost more lives than should have been stole, the soft twat. And lets not forget here this tit was brazenly shaking hands 10 months ago telling everyone its alright to do so. The fucking tithead. As we all know, he's our version of that other blonde haired buffoon from across the pond. The fucking overprivileged knobhead. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

So we're basically saying that those dying now is acceptable and we're just going to crack on. 

Yes, but probably more egregiously, in that the people who really know, the scientists, we're going to fuck them off, because when all is said and done, the most important thing in any politicians life, isn't other peoples lives, its votes.

Everything this fucking wobble headed cunt is doing now, he's doing as a long term currying favor exercise to make amends for the shitheawk conduct of 10 months ago and the following months when he didn't have a fucking clue. This cunt is trying to claw back the fuck up of his administration over the last 10 months and lets not get started on the Brexit debacle. The fucking tithead.

This cunt has cost lives and so has his dimwitted cronies, they all want taking out, put against a wall and shot and left to the crows. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Yes, but probably more egregiously, in that the people who really know, the scientists, we're going to fuck them off, because when all is said and done, the most important thing in any politicians life, isn't other peoples lives, its votes.

Everything this fucking wobble headed cunt is doing now, he's doing as a long term currying favor exercise to make amends for the shitheawk conduct of 10 months ago and the following months when he didn't have a fucking clue. This cunt is trying to claw back the fuck up of his administration over the last 10 months and lets not get started on the Brexit debacle. The fucking tithead.

This cunt has cost lives and so has his dimwitted cronies, they all want taking out, put against a wall and shot and left to the crows. 

Look at the comments about Chris Whitty on the daily mail or twitter by the covidiot loons. They absolutely hammer a man who (with his far more considerable knowledge of viruses) is trying to save as many lives as possible. He didn't get his degree with a crayon, he actually knows his shit. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Look at the comments about Chris Whitty on the daily mail or twitter by the covidiot loons. They absolutely hammer a man who (with his far more considerable knowledge of viruses) is trying to save as many lives as possible. He didn't get his degree with a crayon, he actually knows his shit. 

That is the Daily mail to a Tee. 

If Covid got inside a Daily Mail reader, Covid would need to self isolate for at least two weeks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Or you marry and/or kill them.

Or you pretend they are a builder. You cant see a mate but its apparently ok to have six carpenters roaming around your house.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Or you pretend they are a builder. You cant see a mate but its apparently ok to have six carpenters roaming around your house.

Where do you live? Bethlehem?

• Upvote 8

36 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

So we're basically saying that those dying now is acceptable and we're just going to crack on. 

Playing devils advocate - what are you promoting a zero deaths policy before returning life to anything like normal.

Surely once you have vaccinated the most vulnerable to lower severity of illness and reduce desths and you are on way to vaccinating rest of society then you have to accept that there will be a number of covid deaths, like there is to all kinds of illnesses.

Peoples lives and everything that entails - education, work, having a job or place of work to go to, social interaction, kids development, relationships, peoples health and mental well being, our kids futures and so on and on and on and on (list is nearly endless of course) have to restart and sadly people will die from this illness like many, many others.

Minimising risk and doing all can to reduce the deaths is all that can be reasonably done, unless we stay in lockdown indefinitely....a situation that is unsustainable.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

Playing devils advocate - what are you promoting a zero deaths policy before returning life to anything like normal.

Surely once you have vaccinated the most vulnerable to lower severity of illness and reduce desths and you are on way to vaccinating rest of society then you have to accept that there will be a number of covid deaths, like there is to all kinds of illnesses.

Peoples lives and everything that entails - education, work, having a job or place of work to go to, social interaction, kids development, relationships, peoples health and mental well being, our kids futures and so on and on and on and on (list is nearly endless of course) have to restart and sadly people will die from this illness like many, many others.

Minimising risk and doing all can to reduce the deaths is all that can be reasonably done, unless we stay in lockdown indefinitely....a situation that is unsustainable.

I agree with this. Its like saying we're reducing the speed limit to 20mph everywhere. That'll basically eliminate all motoring fatalities but that's not what is done. Its an accepted risk. Once everyone is vaccinated, society has to open back up to previous levels or we may as well be in this forever. 

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

I agree with this. Its like saying we're reducing the speed limit to 20mph everywhere. That'll basically eliminate all motoring fatalities but that's not what is done. Its an accepted risk. Once everyone is vaccinated, society has to open back up to previous levels or we may as well be in this forever. 

Saving lives is of course dead important and the vaccine and treatments will help massively in that.....as that happens we have to IMHO give people their chance to live their biographical lives free of draconian restrictions.

We sadly can't save every life, like we can't save every life that is lost to all the other bastard things that kill people.

You can't totally de-risk life.

Don't let the massive spikes in deaths after restrictions got lifted have any relevance eh boys. 1k deaths a day? yeah fuck it I want to go the pub. 

• Upvote 1

Don't let the massive spikes in deaths after restrictions got lifted have any relevance eh boys. 1k deaths a day? yeah fuck it I want to go the pub. 

Was there circa 20m of by far the most vulnerable vaccinated then?

Was there an ongoing programme to vaccinate more up to everyone then?

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Was there circa 20m of by far the most vulnerable vaccinated then?

Was there an ongoing programme to vaccinate more up to everyone then?

Nope of course there wasn't. It doesn't exist. It's all a government conspiracy to remove our freedom and make us choke on face masks. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Nope of course there wasn't. It doesn't exist. It's all a government conspiracy to remove our freedom and make us choke on face masks. 

Beaut.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm showing you how to play devils advocate properly you fucking blert 

I've read enough of this thread to know better than to dare have a different view to you about it.

My apologies.

Just now, Brownie said:

At this point, I don't know what else we can do, considering the success of the vaccines. What is the alternative to this plan?

We have to come out of it for sure. We need to vaccinate quicker. It's never going away, we just need huge caution and covidiot fannies who won't be careful need locking up. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We have to come out of it for sure. We need to vaccinate quicker. It's never going away, we just need huge caution and covidiot fannies who won't be careful need locking up. 

This seems like a careful plan to me though, 5 weeks in between each stage to take the time to look at the impact to cases etc?

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

This seems like a careful plan to me though, 5 weeks in between each stage to take the time to look at the impact to cases etc?

The schools all going back on the 8th seems very reckless to me. Thats the most worrying part. 

• Upvote 2

The schools all going back on the 8th seems very reckless to me. Thats the most worrying part. 

That, and the continued refusal to vaccinate teachers as a priority group.

• Upvote 2