Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 134 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

It's good to see that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's social distancing measures have had the desired effect, as shown by his dad appearing on This Morning and telling the country that he still intends to go to the pub. 

Army on the streets. Within 2 weeks. It's nailed on. 

8 minutes ago, No2 said:

The UK's reaction stinks of Brexit. The first big opportunity to do their own thing with no interference from Europe and they fuck it up. I'm no expert but following the lead from countries that have been through this before seems like common sense.

I have read some reports of the EU banning sales of medical equipment to non EU countries, I don't think it will have any effect this time round but when COVID-22 comes around you will be on your own.

You can't help but think these clowns have tried to solve this issue on the cheap knowing we'll have to print a shit load of money for their preferred Brexit. This pandemic has fucked them squarely in their collective asses now. So many people and businesses are going to go to the wall over the next few months that it's going to alter what Boris does in the trade talks.

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

407 new cases in last 24 hours.

Number of deaths to be announced later.

Around 2,000 people die every day in this country. I wonder if perhaps it would be more useful to present coronavirus deaths as a proportion of total deaths, that would maybe provide a better indication of the ebb and flow of the virus.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Around 2,000 people die every day in this country. I wonder if perhaps it would be more useful to present coronavirus deaths as a proportion of total deaths, that would maybe provide a better indication of the ebb and flow of the virus.

Don't get it, why would the total number of deaths matter?

30 minutes ago, Champ said:

Nicola Sturgeon and Scottish government showing impressive leadership on tv here at the moment in sharp contrast to Johnson’s rabbit in the headlights performance yesterday

She always does her. I'd have her over anyone in the Tory or Labour government in charge. Especially with something like this. She isn't arrogant enough not to implement the best practices evidenced abroad and is strong enough to follow through with difficult decisions no matter what corporation loses out so long as it saves lives. She is also strong enough to follow through live on TV but carry on speaking. 

3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

You can't help but think these clowns have tried to solve this issue on the cheap knowing we'll have to print a shit load of money for their preferred Brexit. This pandemic has fucked them squarely in their collective asses now. So many people and businesses are going to go to the wall over the next few months that it's going to alter what Boris does in the trade talks.

I would have thought Brexit will be put on hold, it would be madness to try and go ahead with talks until this pandemic is under control. I can't see December being realistic anymore, unless your Government are convinced that self harming is the way to go. 

Just now, ``` said:

What's with the bastard helicopters fucking about in the sky?

For shooting people as soon as they 'turn' 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, ``` said:

What's with the bastard helicopters fucking about in the sky?

Military---training exercises for what's to come.

Civilian----looking for bog rolls. 

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Don't get it, why would the total number of deaths matter?

I don't know, I just feel it may give a better idea of the impact the virus is having? I'm spitballing really.

Maybe we could get a situation where the number of deaths slows down as we move into summer, as it does with other viruses, but the number of deaths due to coronavirus as a proportion of total deaths is remaining constant or even increasing.

Looking at some of the braindead "life goes on, let's go the pub" reactions on social media/in real life, I'm beginning to understand how Jeff Goldblum's character felt in Independence Day. 

VW are stopping their production in Europe for the next 2-3 weeks at least, although their sites in China have started working again. 

26 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Well it sounds like a competent version of what the UK are stumbling towards, yes. We have had nothing with over 100 people for a couple of weeks now though and schools, pubs restaurants, etc shut from this week. It's hopefully a lot more contained. 

They are all (governments) panicking, they are all either late or overreacting, or posing for cameras and showing leadership with tough measures nobody implements and so on, mostly nobody in Europe is prepared or fully know what they are doing.

There is generally chaos everywhere,which will gradually transform into some kind of coherent and coordinated approach, and it may all come down to how responsible and disciplined the particular population is.  

25 minutes ago, No2 said:

The UK's reaction stinks of Brexit. The first big opportunity to do their own thing with no interference from Europe and they fuck it up. I'm no expert but following the lead from countries that have been through this before seems like common sense.

I have read some reports of the EU banning sales of medical equipment to non EU countries, I don't think it will have any effect this time round but when COVID-22 comes around you will be on your own.

I'm always happy to have a pop at these cunts running the country and all the Brexit biffs, but the EU has hardly been a model of how to handle this virus, they've been as shite as us. They might have made changes before us, but not really before the point in the curve. The US is the same. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm always happy to have a pop at these cunts running the country and all the Brexit biffs, but the EU has hardly been a model of how to handle this virus, they've been as shite as us. They might have made changes before us, but not really before the point in the curve. The US is the same. 

Im not saying the EU have done anything well here I'm making the point that I think Boris decided now was the time to show everyone how great and independent the UK are and he has undoubtedly cost more lives than was necessary in doing so.