You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Was there circa 20m of by far the most vulnerable vaccinated then?

Was there an ongoing programme to vaccinate more up to everyone then?

Nope of course there wasn't. It doesn't exist. It's all a government conspiracy to remove our freedom and make us choke on face masks. 

Just now, Brownie said:

At this point, I don't know what else we can do, considering the success of the vaccines. What is the alternative to this plan?

We have to come out of it for sure. We need to vaccinate quicker. It's never going away, we just need huge caution and covidiot fannies who won't be careful need locking up. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We have to come out of it for sure. We need to vaccinate quicker. It's never going away, we just need huge caution and covidiot fannies who won't be careful need locking up. 

This seems like a careful plan to me though, 5 weeks in between each stage to take the time to look at the impact to cases etc?

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

This seems like a careful plan to me though, 5 weeks in between each stage to take the time to look at the impact to cases etc?

The schools all going back on the 8th seems very reckless to me. Thats the most worrying part. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The scientific consensus is that schools are not the driving factor in community transmission of coronavirus. Children have missed enough education already.

Yeah the spike when they all went back last time was totally coincidental. 

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/risk-comms-updates/update39-covid-and-schools.pdf?sfvrsn=320db233_2

• Upvote 1

Is missing a few extra weeks classroom time really going to damage kids that much?

My lad is 12 and for what it's worth my take on it is they had the perfect opportunity with how holidays have fallen to vaccinate teachers over half term and the 2 weeks before March the 8th; then they have 3 weeks to do a phased return starting with those that need to go back first, then everyone back after Easter, hopefully by which time most teachers are vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The schools all going back on the 8th seems very reckless to me. Thats the most worrying part. 

It's a month too soon.

Another month will have seen millions more vaccinated, the R rate reduced further and much less pressure on the NHS.

You're right, it is reckless and Mudface is also right about teachers and school staff not being vaccinated.

Johnson just doesn't seem to learn. How many more people have to die because of this cunt and his political decisions, because that's what it is, a political decision.

The teaching unions should serve notice that teachers and school staff should get the vaccine or they won't return to work.

Someone's got to make a stand and they have an excellent reason to do so.

• Upvote 2

The kids go back, then in a few weeks they're off again for Easter. Makes no sense other than as said previously, this unscrupulous cunt is trying to appease these families who he is so desperate to get their votes from. The slimy twat.

March 8th - April 2nd is it really that bigger time frame to wait?  

Keep the schools shut till after Easter you fucking knobhead. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Chip Butty said:

The kids go back, then in a few weeks they're off again for Easter. Makes no sense other than as said previously, this unscrupulous cunt is trying to appease these families who he is so desperate to get their votes from. The slimy twat.

March 8th - April 2nd is it really that bigger time frame to wait?  

Keep the schools shut till after Easter you fucking knobhead. 

Gives him an easy scapegoat when it goes to shit after families think “fuck it” and meet up over Easter because the kids are back anyway,

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Gives him an easy scapegoat when it goes to shit after families think “fuck it” and meet up over Easter because the kids are back anyway,

Absolutely that will be the case. It makes you wonder if anyone has actually learned anything over the last 12 months?

We all can't be trusted. Especially the politicians. 

53 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The scientific consensus is that schools are not the driving factor in community transmission of coronavirus. Children have missed enough education already.

Is that scientific consensus taking into consideration the fact that schools have officially been closed apart from the children of key workers?

Seems like there’s a divergence from the opinions on here.

Personally I’d have a phased school return with micro analysis of trends of infection, supported by mass testing, and localised lockdowns on any case. Teachers and support staff would have been vaccinated last week, not to protect them so much, but to reduce transmissions. A proactive, preventative measure which is effective more than the original action.

I can’t shake the feeling that the rest of it makes sense, within reason obviously, but this silly insistence to get the schools back in one go is a massive political call. If I remember right infections where highest in the 14/20 demographic before we were forced in to the latest lockdown.

1B4045D6-2286-4C58-9DD6-A2311A8F7D21.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Suggestion:

Once 51% of the adult population have chosen to have a vaccine, the other 49% should be ordered to have one or face a £1000 fine. 

I wouldn’t want to see fines, but I’d absolutely be fine with it becoming legal to bar people from workplaces, shops, restaurants, public transport etc unless they had a legitimate medical exemption. Your moronic friend posting a blurry JPEG on Facebook that has you convinced it’ll make you autistic and turn your eczema into full-blown AIDS is not a valid reason to swerve the vaccine.

• Upvote 1