You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Nobel prize for chemistry? Really?

Show me the part where you or I said a. Nobel Prize for chemistry. I’ll wait. 

Or Levitts Nobel prize for work involving Covid like Rapey asked. Again, I’ll wait. 

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m sure his work is stellar in whatever field he won the Nobel prize for. He’s still been wrong on Covid though so don’t see what relevance his Nobel prize has. 

It doesn’t. He’s deflecting as usual. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

For services to world peas?

Nah, that was Yasser Marrowfat. 

Wahey 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m sure his work is stellar in whatever field he won the Nobel prize for. He’s still been wrong on Covid though so don’t see what relevance his Nobel prize has. 

Yep, let's listen to the people who said we'd have a million covid dead in this country instead. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yep, let's listen to the people who said we'd have a million covid dead in this country instead. 

Who said a million Covid deaths? Genuine question because the most I can recall was Ferguson saying 500,000 and that was only if we had no lockdown measures, social distancing etc... which of course we did. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Feel free to elaborate, I'm always happy to learn. Saying it makes no sense has no educational value at all.

The problem is you literally could have Googled what Vitamin D does and how it's absorbed in the body, but instead you've made up random stuff and say you're "helping people". It's just a bit weird, along with your "Doctors don't help people get better if they can't give them drugs" thing. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Who said a million Covid deaths? Genuine question because the most I can recall was Ferguson saying 500,000 and that was only if we had no lockdown measures, social distancing etc... which of course we did. 

I've understated it, sorry. Ferguson's initial prediction was 1.5 million deaths.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

The problem is you literally could have Googled what Vitamin D does and how it's absorbed in the body, but instead you've made up random stuff and say you're "helping people". It's just a bit weird, along with your "Doctors don't help people get better of they can't give them drugs" thing. 

I have just recalled this is coming from the person who said that deaths of people should result in no more than a shrug of the shoulders. It's not made up random stuff. Try yourself looking into the role that red and white blood cells play and then maybe we'll talk again. Then again, maybe we won't as someone who thinks a life is worth a shrug of the shoulders isn't someone whose opionon I have much time for.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

I have just recalled this is coming from the person who said that deaths of people should result in no more than a shrug of the shoulders. It's not made up random stuff. Try yourself looking into the role that red and white blood cells play and then maybe we'll talk again. Then again, maybe we won't as someone who thinks a life is worth a shrug of the shoulders isn't someone whose opionon I have much time for.

Yes, I repeat, it will be quite the relief when normal life returns and Covid deaths will be at a controlled rate and will simply be accepted as a fact of life, instead of something that is forcing us to shut down economies. You pointing out I said that isn't a point in your favour, it's more bizarre nonsense. It's got nothing to do with the fact you have, in general, no clue what you're talking about in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've understated it, sorry. Ferguson's initial prediction was 1.5 million deaths.

You stated that Covid would be over by winter and that we wouldn’t have a second wave. Are you prepared to admit you were wrong on both counts? Ferguson could (unfortunately) still be right. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, I repeat, it will be quite the relief when normal life returns and Covid deaths will be at a controlled rate and will simply be accepted as a fact of life, instead of something that is forcing us to shut down economies. You pointing out I said that isn't a point in your favour, it's more bizarre nonsense. It's got nothing to do with the fact you have, in general, no clue what you're talking about in this thread. 

And clearly, in general, you do. And at no point in society should the death of someone be a shrug of the shoulders.

You're now coming across as a bit of a blert.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're the guy who made stuff up about Vitamin D and didn't know Influenza was not a Coronavirus, genius. 

I haven't made stuff up about vitamin D, you've got it in your head that it's made up. Keep it coming, blert.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You stated that Covid would be over by winter and that we wouldn’t have a second wave. Are you prepared to admit you were wrong on both counts? Ferguson could (unfortunately) still be right. 

There's still more than a month of winter left ffs.

43 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You're interpreting that as a consipracy? GPs are appointed to sell drugs. They are legal, they are legitimate and in the vast majority of cases they are extremely useful and are up to the job required. However, there are ways that some conditions can be managed before the prescription of drugs is necessary. This really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. A strait-jacket was designed as a 'cure' for anxiety and depression. Unsurprisingly this didn't work, so medication has been made to treat it. There are other treatments too but it's not a conspiracy to say that they tried to cure something with a jacket.

If you ask someone in the police force why they joined, they would probably say something along the lines of they are determined to rid the world of crime and to ensure victims of crime get the justice they deserve while the perpretators are dealt with accordingly. How many of those police are fine, upstanding police officers who are still pursuing this ideal? All of them? None of them? A few of them? Probably most likely a few of them. Some have realised this is an impossible aim but they still try. Others have gone to the dark side as they know they can't win so if you can't beat them, join them. This is not conspiracy theory. This is happening, whether we like it or not. It's the same in the medical world. Some doctors want to be the best at what they do. Some thought it was going to be different than it is. This isn't a conspiracy. I wish all doctors were perfect, I know they're not. I hope not all doctors are terrible, I know they're not. Some treat you like a human with feelings and lives going on, some don't and just want to sign the docket so they can move on the next patient. They want to be finished on time today.

Is this wrong? Of course not. They have lives too but the system isn't set up for everyone involved to be able to deliver high standards every single time, on time with a high level of patient satisfaction. But some try a lot harder than others to reach those standards, even if they know they may never reach them.

By the way, feel free to cut and paste only certain parts of my posts that also show that I also have enormous respect for how the medical world works as every day there are incredible feats achieved in the field - the development of this vaccine being one of them.

You asked me which bit was a bit ‘conspiracy theory’ so I told you, it wasn’t taking you out of context. 

Your bit about doctors being appointed to sell drugs tells me where you are at.  So I’ll just leave it there.