You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Are you trying to say that I have compared the effects of Covid-19 to the effects of influenza?

Coronavirus is a family of infectious viruses, of which influenza and covid-19 belong. Same as a Great White Shark and a Basking Shark both belong to the shark family. I'd rather keep away from both sharks but I know which shark I'd rather be bitten by.

And if you don't want to read it, then don't.

No, they are not in the same family. Influenza is an influenza virus, hence the name. Covid is a Coronavirus. These are different families of viruses. This is what I'm saying. Cool it on the self thought medical explanations when you can't get a simple fact right.

On 31/01/2021 at 14:19, Shooter in the Motor said:

Are there any legal eagles on here? It doesn't affect me personally but the driver training industry is headed up by the largest companies (BSM and The AA) and they operate a business to business contract with a fixed term of 24 months. Some people are further into their contracts than others but these companies are forcing their contracts to continue to be paid for. This can be over £1,000 per month easily in some cases.

Under consumer law, a contract can become 'frustrated' if circumstances mean that either side of a contract is unable to continue to provide the service paid for due to changes enforced upon them. With the Covid-19 lockdown laws preventing driver trainers from working, that means they are unable to generate an income from the service provided by The AA or BSM but they are still expected to pay them.

Is there a law that protects business to business contracts in the same manner as business to consumer contracts?

Not sure if you've had a reply on this. Ignore me if you're sorted. Usually in commercial contracts there is a clause in the contract covering 'force majeure' (or 'act of god') as  a basis for cancelling/ reducing terms in the contract. Some contractors (albeit, I'm talking construction here) are successfully contesting claims against them for delayed delivery due to the pandemic citing force majeure. i.e; COVID is an unforseen impediment to carrying out the contract as agreed.

I'm no lawyer, just thought it might be an avenue to explore.

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, they are not in the same family. Influenza is an influenza virus, hence the name. Covid is a Coronavirus. These are different families of viruses. This is what I'm saying. Cool it on the self thought medical explanations when you can't get a simple fact right.

More than happy to be put right when wrong. Also like I said I cannot posisibly claim that my theory on blood cells can be absoluitely factual, no more than anyone else can.

3 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Not sure if you've had a reply on this. Ignore me if you're sorted. There may be a clause in the contract covering 'force majeure' (or 'act of god') as  a basis for cancelling/ reducing terms in the contract. Some contractors (albeit, I'm talking construction here) are successfully contesting claims against them for delayed delivery on this basis. i.e; COVID is an unforseen impediment to carrying out the contract as agreed.

I didn't have a response on this but I will put this forward as a suggestion. Many thanks.

21 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

More than happy to be put right when wrong. Also like I said I cannot posisibly claim that my theory on blood cells can be absoluitely factual, no more than anyone else can.

But the claims about not teaching low pressure and lumping all doctors together too. It’s a bit ‘conspiracy’ 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

But the claims about not teaching low pressure and lumping all doctors together too. It’s a bit ‘conspiracy’ 

Not meant to be conspiracy, just how I see Doctors and GPs in the public sector. A lot of their knowledge is restricted to text books and medicines rather than good health.

Vitamin D helps muscle and bone health. 

Because of the lockdown, people classed as extremely clinically vulnerable people have been advised to stay indoors and shield. 

Because of this, people haven't been getting enough natural sunlight which causes deficiencies in vitamin D can cause calcium deficiency.

This is why the government are supplying vitamin D to these groups of people.

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Not meant to be conspiracy, just how I see Doctors and GPs in the public sector. A lot of their knowledge is restricted to text books and medicines rather than good health.

To be honest I’d expect there to be quite a lot of text books in a medical degree.  Where else should they be looking? Pls don’t say the internet or homeopathy 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

To be honest I’d expect there to be quite a lot of text books in a medical degree.  Where else should they be looking? Pls don’t say the internet or homeopathy 

When I worked in Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone (which incidentally had the longest uninterrupted corridor in Europe at the time) I gained an insight into how the medical structure worked. I've always enjoyed learning as much as I can from every experience I've had. I spent about a year working with a guy who was a veteran of working in the NHS and part of the process they were going through at that time was transferring the written versions of the WHO's definitions of diseases onto that Trust's computer systems. I would constantly be asking about the stuff I was doing and asking about his experiences with the various levels within the NHS. Top of the tree were the Consultants - these were the surgeons who were absolutely top of their field and anything they said was never to be questioned. He referred to them as the Gods. Below those were the surgeons who were looking to make their way to Consultant. But Consultant was still God, no matter how good the Surgeon was, the Consultant had earned the right to be God. Surgeons were the best with Consultants being the best of the best.

Nurses were unjustly right down at the bottom of the hierarchy with Doctors in various places acrosss the middle.

No doubt about it, I was in awe of the work that Surgeons and Consultants were able to do as they were the people who came in when nothing else was an option, operations etc. I was also surprised to see just how much work the Nurses have to do compared to the people at the top - Nurses had to deal with the patients who in my personal opinion were let down by the poor service levels of Doctors as a lot just didn't have the ambition or will to try and push up as they saw it as impossible to break in. I understand that lack of ambition so they kind of 'do the job they are paid to do'.

I had experience of that as a kid, I had a skin problem on my head and the Doctor took a brief look at it and described it as a 'wart virus'. He used a liquid on my head which over the next 24 hours caused by head to turn bloody and highly irritable. I went to the hospital and I was booked in for an urgent operation to have the skin affected surgically removed. They were shocked when I described how it came to be like that.

I got the strong impression that Doctors sort of sit in the middle of the medical universe trying to work towards the upper echelons, delivering to the Consultants and Surgeons and using the staff below them to help delliver it.

There was a huge policitcal system in place with each NHS Trust, with each Trust competing for resources from the Goverment and at the time I was there, they had Directors in place of each department who were in charge of any big decisions. The IT Department had been asked to deliver a system to a particular department and all the staff liked it. I assumed that meant we delivered it. It was green-lit 6 months later after the system was demonstrated. It only took four weeks to deliver the system, it wasn't that complex.

The overall sense of it was you do not deviate from the top at all, whatever is said at the top absolutely goes and if it's not written down then it cannot be stated with any confidence. Therefore the WHO's books were the be all and end all, if things were found to be different it would be months before the books and systems were updated and only then could it be delivered as fact.

So to answer your question, yes there is a LOT of text but there is very little room for being bold enough to suggest that a Vitamin could help prevent something as it's not written down anywhere. It's a shame that it takes a pandemic which kills members of the public to expose the flaws in their setup.

To be honest I'm just trying to offer the benefits of my personal studies into this as I hate the idea of anyone suffering unnecessarily. If that's seen as a bad thing, I'm fine with that but so long as I feel it could help people I'll continue, feel free to debunk or ignore it.

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Soze 3.jpeg

I watched that film last night and I only just realised on the fourth viewing that his entire story was made up of snippets from the wall and he got the name Kobaye Yashi from the bottom of the mug.

I did watch it years ago though so I was probably more enthralled by the action side of it.

36 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just brace yourselves for another peak around the 22nd of March.  

On an unrelated note, schools are supposed to open on the 8th March.

The media determined to get schools open now. Even seen a couple of headlines for gyms reopening - they're planting the seeds of thought in people's minds.

Crazy.

1 hour ago, cochyn said:

Not sure if you've had a reply on this. Ignore me if you're sorted. Usually in commercial contracts there is a clause in the contract covering 'force majeure' (or 'act of god') as  a basis for cancelling/ reducing terms in the contract. Some contractors (albeit, I'm talking construction here) are successfully contesting claims against them for delayed delivery due to the pandemic citing force majeure. i.e; COVID is an unforseen impediment to carrying out the contract as agreed.

I put forward your suggestion and apparently The AA and BSM Driving Schools (both now owned by The AA) forced their trainers who pay them about £200 per week for business support to resign their positions (thereby terminating their current contracts with no liability to them granted by the Companies) and wrote a new contract that effectively ruled out exemption from payment for any reason (including Acts of God) for the duration of the contract agreement of 2 years. Refusal to sign the new contract would result in the current contract remaining in place and no support being offered as a resullt.

Apparently The AA and BSM rewrote this contract after the initial Covid-19 outbreak last summer when work was allowed to recommence. A cynic would think they knew what was coming and more fool the people for signing the new contract that they were effectively forced to sign.

I see that Yeadon has claimed his account was hacked when something offensive was posted on there. So people have done some digging and would appear he has some very questionable views. 

And to think some people hang on to his every word. Every one of these ‘lockdown sceptics’ turns out to be a right wing cunt. All got links to the Tories or Tufton st and right wing think tanks. 

In fact I’ve just done a search of his Twitter account myself. And it’s...well. I genuinely can’t believe people have been quoting this guy even on here when it’s been evident for ages he’s a fucking loon. He’s still going, posting Covid shit now that people are lapping up. 

I’ve had to stop going through his tweets as it’s nauseating. Literally hundreds of tweets on the subject. Very creepy vibe the way he’s talking about it all as well. 

What a disgusting, gammon, covidiot prick. No surprise to see him making excuses and trying to squirm out of his own bullshit rhetoric with yet more bullshit and lies. Seems to be a trend amongst that ilk. 

"Very unpredictable when backed into a corner" .... "Don't tread on me" ..... Disturbing patterns. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm sure the usual cunts on LBC will be speaking out against their recent shit spouting, lying idol. 

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2021/02/covid-sceptic-favourite-is-sick-bigot.html

What a piece of shit. 

He’s had numerous articles in the Daily Mail, Julia Hartley-Brewer has had him on her show loads of times. We’ve had people on here quoting and defending him. When will people learn that the people espousing these theories aren’t on their side and are coming from the same place as all the shite over Brexit and privatising the NHS etc...

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

He’s had numerous articles in the Daily Mail, Julia Hartley-Brewer has had him on her show loads of times. We’ve had people on here quoting and defending him. When will people learn that the people espousing these theories aren’t on their side and are coming from the same place as all the shite over Brexit and privatising the NHS etc...

If it's who I think it is they probably still will. 

If you're getting on in years then consider buying Vitamin D3 with K2. You can buy them together quite easily now. 

Half of adults over 50 years of age have low bone mass. Bone health is a real concern as we get older. Fortunately, the pairing of vitamin D3 and K2 seems to improve bone health across the board.

A groundbreaking 2017 review compiled over 80 studies that show vitamin D3 and K2 together might be greater than the sum of their parts, when it comes to bone health.

This is likely because vitamin D gets the calcium into the blood, then vitamin K tells the calcium where it is most needed.

Vitamin D makes sure you have the right amount of calcium in your blood vessels. Too much vitamin D (or not enough vitamin K) means your blood calcium levels will rise.

Elevated blood calcium levels can mess with your heart

There's a load of info out there if you look for it. 

I had my jab today (AZ), no messing, really organised. Have they outsourced this or has the NHS done it? 

As for side effect, I only had it a couple of hours ago. My arm is a little sore (it was within half an hour) but aside from that nothing. It hasn't helped my hangover from last night's match booze though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I had my jab today (AZ), no messing, really organised. Have they outsourced this or has the NHS done it? 

As for side effect, I only had it a couple of hours ago. My arm is a little sore (it was within half an hour) but aside from that nothing. It hasn't helped my hangover from last night's match booze though. 

Give it a couple of hours mate and you’ll be able to turn the oven on and off just by thinking about it.