Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1308 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I assume one of you is a key worker? In which case thems the rules. If he's happier as a result thats great. 

Both of us are key workers. The missus works 3 days per week.

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Nobody likes a grass.

Not sure about this. If a vulnerable person goes to a chemist and catches Covid from them, you are in a position to help prevent that. We're trying to prvent the spread of a potentially deadly virus, not tell on mates indiscretions.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Not sure about this. If a vulnerable person goes to a chemist and catches Covid from them, you are in a position to help prevent that. We're trying to prvent the spread of a potentially deadly virus, not tell on mates indiscretions.

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Grassing just doesn't sit well with me unless it is for actual murder and stuff. 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Grassing just doesn't sit well with me unless it is for actual murder and stuff. 

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable grassing, I'd just say something myself to them but how is it not potentially murder? 

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Despite growing anger, Sandra Gallina, the European commission official who negotiated the supply contracts, claimed to MEPs that the EU was among the “bigger league of countries” in terms of administering jabs and that she had “nothing to envy” in other nations.

She said: “I would like to tell you that today we have already have gone beyond a mark of 12m vaccinations … All the member states are in the top league.”

So a couple of million more than the UK on its own then.

Earlier on Monday, Beaune, a close ally of the French president Emmanuel Macron, also defended the EU’s record, adding that the UK’s apparent success had “nothing to do with Brexit”. He claimed the UK strategy had involved risks that France’s public would have found intolerable.

The French public are probably wondering in which decade they'll be receiving their vaccine, you fucking useless shit cunt.

47 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

But you're not cool, as long as you're aware of that. If someone robs your house and you get the license plate, it's also a cunts trick to tell the police. Also if someone attempts to murder you, the best thing to do is let them, because being dead is better than being a grass.

Oh wait, we aren't 15, and hundreds of thousands of people are dead and more dying.

The guy KNOWS he has it for fuck sake. How is it even remotely controversial. He isn't just 'breaking rules' having a mate round for coffee with no symptoms. He's literally got it and spraying it around everywhere. Absolute wanker.

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

But you're not cool, as long as you're aware of that. If someone robs your house and you get the license plate, it's also a cunts trick to tell the police. Also if someone attempts to murder you, the best thing to do is let them, because being dead is better than being a grass.

Oh wait, we aren't 15, and hundreds of thousands of people are dead and more dying.

The guy KNOWS he has it for fuck sake. How is it even remotely controversial. He isn't just 'breaking rules' having a mate round for coffee with no symptoms. He's literally got it and spraying it around everywhere. Absolute wanker.

This is the British phobia about social confrontation. We would rather let somebody spread a potentially lethal disease than be impolite and confront them about it. Other nations don't have this issue. If you break the social rules in Holland or Germany, people confront you and hence there is a lot more conformity. I wonder if it has been a factor in the spread here, nobody is standing up to the selfish people who disregard the rules. Has anybody on here actually confronted anybody for not wearing a mask yet ? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

This is the British phobia about social confrontation. We would rather let somebody spread a potentially lethal disease than be impolite and confront them about it. Other nations don't have this issue. If you break the social rules in Holland or Germany, people confront you and hence there is a lot more conformity. I wonder if it has been a factor in the spread here, nobody is standing up to the selfish people who disregard the rules. Has anybody on here actually confronted anybody for not wearing a mask yet ? 

I told a fella to fuck off in the shop by ours when he took off on an older fella who asked him not to stand next to him without a mask on. It was more sticking up for the old fella but he got the message. I make a point of snarling people without them. People are selfish cunts. 

Who'd have thought that keeping flight corridors open would result in a new variant arriving? They seem to be flapping about this version from South Africa - cases being reported now with no connection to travel. Incompetent fucking bell ends.

Edit: Hugh Pym on the bbc now, doing the government's job saying that there are only 100 cases and only 11 unconnected to South Africa. What he didn't say was that a few days ago there were 44 known cases.

22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

My missus has and then had a go at the security guard who just walked right past them.

She takes no prisoners.

On 23/01/2020 at 23:43, Bjornebye said:

Deserves its own thread and quite frankly I wish everyone the best. x 

Over a year ago I started this thread.

Fuck. Sake

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Hopefully, this time next year, you'll have to search to find it.

Fingers crossed mate. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fingers crossed mate. 

Fingers, toes, eyes and fucking bollocks.

It can't come soon enough. I'll be agoraphobic by the time I get out of this house otherwise.

In aggregate the police have now issued over 17,000 lockdown fines. These are just the people who have been caught. Add this into that our reluctance to challenge each other for not adhering to social norms on wearing masks and you’ve got a great host population to spread a contact based virus. It’s obviously only a small part of the answer as to why our death rate is so high but it must be a factor compared to highly socially conforming countries like Japan or Germany. 

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

In aggregate the police have now issued over 17,000 lockdown fines. These are just the people who have been caught. Add this into that our reluctance to challenge each other for not adhering to social norms on wearing masks and you’ve got a great host population to spread a contact based virus. It’s obviously only a small part of the answer as to why our death rate is so high but it must be a factor compared to highly socially conforming countries like Japan or Germany. 

By and large people were happy to stick to the rules until that cunt decided to go to a fucking castle with his wife and kid.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable grassing, I'd just say something myself to them but how is it not potentially murder? 

Because murder is intent, and pre-meditated isn't it?

I wouldn't class going to the shop with Covid, murder. It's cuntish of course, but classed as murder? Not for me personally. 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Because murder is intent, and pre-meditated isn't it?

I wouldn't class going to the shop with Covid, murder. It's cuntish of course, but classed as murder? Not for me personally. 

Manslaughter.

8 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

By and large people were happy to stick to the rules until that cunt decided to go to a fucking castle with his wife and kid.

Selfish cunts would have found a reason to be selfish cunts. I wouldn't be offering them an excuse. 

• Upvote 2