Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1299 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

No one is saying teachers shouldn’t be vaccinated. The question is should they be bumped up the queue and vaccinated before elderly people and people with underlying conditions. Because that is what Starmer is asking for. 
 

Considering the issue with schools is that they act as vectors of transmission in the community, and vaccinating teachers won’t stop that, and they’re not even open anyway then delaying the vaccinations of people at greater risk of covid is immoral. 

It's a difficult one really, but I think it's no bad thing to vaccinate those who really are at risk teaching our kids.

Where there is a known and acknowledged risk, then they should be vaccinated. 

 

Same with the Bizzies having knobheads claiming to have Covid and spitting at them.

 

The Bizzies might not be all sweetness and light sometimes and are very often ineffective, but we'd be fucked without them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's a difficult one really, but I think it's no bad thing to vaccinate those who really are at risk teaching our kids.

Where there is a known and acknowledged risk, then they should be vaccinated. 

 

Same with the Bizzies having knobheads claiming to have Covid and spitting at them.

 

The Bizzies might not be all sweetness and light sometimes and are very often ineffective, but we'd be fucked without them.

They’re not really at risk though compared to the people Starmer wants to push down the list for them. That is the point. Any vulnerable/elderly teachers will be vaccinated with the other people in the same cohort when it is their turn. 
 

This will essentially be vaccinating younger and healthy teachers ahead of people identified by the JCVI as being at greater risk of serious illness from Covid. 
 

And like I’ve said schools aren’t open and this will be unlikely to help much with the problem when they do reopen, which is they increase transmission in the community. 
 

I’m all for vaccinating anyone on the front line, teachers, police, supermarket workers etc... but only once the most vulnerable have had their jab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Rapey here. These vaccines aren’t confirmed to break the chain of COVID transmission, they make much more unlikely the chance of individuals who’ve had one becoming seriously unwell/dying from COVID. The likelier someone is to become severely ill with COVID, the higher they should be in the queue for my money. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

They’re not really at risk though compared to the people Starmer wants to push down the list for them. That is the point. Any vulnerable/elderly teachers will be vaccinated with the other people in the same cohort when it is their turn. 
 

This will essentially be vaccinating younger and healthy teachers ahead of people identified by the JCVI as being at greater risk of serious illness from Covid. 
 

And like I’ve said schools aren’t open and this will be unlikely to help much with the problem when they do reopen, which is they increase transmission in the community. 
 

I’m all for vaccinating anyone on the front line, teachers, police, supermarket workers etc... but only once the most vulnerable have had their jab. 

Of course I agree the first 4 groups should be vaccinated first, (I am in one of them), but the date given for completion of this was the 15th of February which roughly ties in with what Starmer is advocating.

 

Schools are officially closed, but they're not really, they're open for the children of key workers. 

 

My Missus is the caretaker of a primary school which usually has over 300 pupils, with about 100 attending now, plus 2 nurseries, 1 for 2 year olds and under and 1 for 3-4 year olds.

 

Because the children are so young, they sometimes aren't toilet trained and certainly can't or don't clean themselves properly and so the nursery staff have to see to them.

This is high risk with Covid. Should they be denied the vaccine until later in the year?

And like I said earlier, teachers aren't allowed to wear masks so in a room with children, known spreaders and the reason schools were 'closed' in the first place, I agree that teachers and school staff, cleaners who do Covid risky jobs get vaccinated.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Of course I agree the first 4 groups should be vaccinated first, (I am in one of them), but the date given for completion of this was the 15th of February which roughly ties in with what Starmer is advocating.

 

Schools are officially closed, but they're not really, they're open for the children of key workers. 

 

My Missus is the caretaker of a primary school which usually has over 300 pupils, with about 100 attending now, plus 2 nurseries, 1 for 2 year olds and under and 1 for 3-4 year olds.

 

Because the children are so young, they sometimes aren't toilet trained and certainly can't or don't clean themselves properly and so the nursery staff have to see to them.

This is high risk with Covid. Should they be denied the vaccine until later in the year?

And like I said earlier, teachers aren't allowed to wear masks so in a room with children, known spreaders and the reason schools were 'closed' in the first place, I agree that teachers and school staff, cleaners who do Covid risky jobs get vaccinated.

 

 

There are nine groups of vulnerable people to be vaccinated. After the first four are vaccinated the plan is to do the next five groups from the 15th February. What Starmer is asking for, and you seemingly agree with, is for those other groups to be delayed even though they’re at more risk. 
 

Teachers and people who work in schools are not at more risk of serious illness from Covid than the people in the other five groups, unless they are in those groups themselves. And if they are they will be eligible for a jab anyway. 
 

I work with a 68 year old man with diabetes and high blood pressure who has had go into the office since August every week using public transport. This would delay him getting vaccinated so younger and healthier school staff can jump the queue ahead of him. Clearly this is wrong. 
 

And btw my wife works in a nursery and my mum in a school so I’m well aware of the situation there. But my wife is much less likely to be seriously ill from Covid than the people in categories 5-9.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

There are nine groups of vulnerable people to be vaccinated. After the first four are vaccinated the plan is to do the next five groups from the 15th February. What Starmer is asking for, and you seemingly agree with, is for those other groups to be delayed even though they’re at more risk. 
 

Teachers and people who work in schools are not at more risk of serious illness from Covid than the people in the other five groups, unless they are in those groups themselves. And if they are they will be eligible for a jab anyway. 
 

I work with a 68 year old man with diabetes and high blood pressure who has had go into the office since August every week using public transport. This would delay him getting vaccinated so younger and healthier school staff can jump the queue ahead of him. Clearly this is wrong. 
 

And btw my wife works in a nursery and my mum in a school so I’m well aware of the situation there. But my wife is much less likely to be seriously ill from Covid than the people in categories 5-9.

As much as it would be great to see a return to school for children, they shouldn't pretend that this about anything other than childcare while parents go back to work.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

As much as it would be great to see a return to school for children, they shouldn't pretend that this about anything other than childcare while parents go back to work.

That’s exactly what this is about. And it all started from this shady pressure group which the Tory headbangers are backing. 
 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/jan/26/group-campaigning-for-uk-schools-to-reopen-wins-backing-of-17-tory-mps?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The issue is that Starmer is using this as a reason to get schools to fully open early. Vaccinated teachers won't stop the children spreading it again.

No they won't. 

But vaccinated teachers stand less risk of catching it themselves. 

Sorry mate, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

That’s exactly what this is about. And it all started from this shady pressure group which the Tory headbangers are backing. 
 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/jan/26/group-campaigning-for-uk-schools-to-reopen-wins-backing-of-17-tory-mps?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It's a tough one this. Online learning for kids doesn't work, but it is the only viable option at the moment. I am also not a teacher, well I am qualified Tutor in the Adult Learning Sector, but not kids. So my 6 year old is not getting the education he deserves or should be getting. Me and Mrs McGonical are trying but we can't give him the focus (and I know I am not alone here in this) as I have to work as well. So the sooner schools are open again the better, for the kids more than anything.


However that should be to the detriment of anyone's safety. But there are other sectors that are in the front line that don't deal with kids and are as much at risk as teachers and people will use this. The issue is that it's a public sector job and people see it as "Well I pay my taxes, they should be in schools teaching my kids as that is there job" And to be honest I understand that to a degree (don't necessarily agree with it), but there are some twats who are just doing it because they can't be arsed trying manage through this. 

 

Luckily my 2 year old daughter can go to nursery and my all fella has her one day a week, otherwise my lad would get no school work done.

 

It is about childcare, and the extra pressure from employers and the government to get people working is out of order. There is an expectation that people to continue to work the same as if a pandemic wasn't going on. For me though it is solely about my lads education. We are waiting for him to get assessed for ADHD/Autism, and until that happens he is expected (by the government) to achieve all the work he has been set in 2 x 1 hour windows (That is all we can allocate during our already fully booked out days due to work) we have to get it done with him. It's not fair on him (or any other kid for that matter) the whole things is a mess. 

 

And the fact that loads of parents are taking the piss with "key worker" status and piling pressure on the schools is out of order as well. My lad got offered a place for his support needs, but we decided not to due to him probably being happier at home. The good thing is that the school aren't putting the pressure on it all getting done and are showing understanding towards a families work/life situation. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

No they won't. 

But vaccinated teachers stand less risk of catching it themselves. 

Sorry mate, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Do they though? Where is the evidence as it keeps changing all the time. And there isn't enough time to have passed to establish whether that is the case. It takes a year before they can at least report decent findings doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I once got 4 of the strap in secondary school for faiiing a latin test, so teachers can fuck off.

Latin?

Fuck me mate, how long ago was that?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

As much as it would be great to see a return to school for children, they shouldn't pretend that this about anything other than childcare while parents go back to work.

100% this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Do they though? Where is the evidence as it keeps changing all the time. And there isn't enough time to have passed to establish whether that is the case. It takes a year before they can at least report decent findings doesn't it?

There is none as yet, it's all guesswork and hope. 

But at the moment, that's all there is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

No they won't. 

But vaccinated teachers stand less risk of catching it themselves. 

Sorry mate, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, and I appreciate your personal reasons for wanting it to happen. My argument is that pressing for teacher vaccinations, whilst welcome, is being done for economic reasons rather than for the well being of children (or staff).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

How is it blatant anti-semitism? 

 

 

Skids having yet another pop at the Jews 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I once got 4 of the strap in secondary school for faiiing a latin test, so teachers can fuck off.

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I once got 4 of the strap in secondary school for faiiing a latin test, so teachers can fuck off.

Nil Latin Nisi strapus 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×