You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah hence my riddled Tom Hanks gif. Don't try and hijack my 'Stigs got the Bad Aids' joke Matty you fucking watering can. 

Hope you're holding up well bro 

Haha, yeah good, ta, yourself?

ps you bad Prescot meff

• Upvote 1

Good stuff. Some Oxford bloke was on the other week saying two new vaccines were coming on stream, this probably and Johnson and Johnson. Turning point in the next month or so I reckon.

"UK phase three trials of the Novavax Covid-19 vaccine have found it demonstrated 89.3% efficacy against the virus.

Preliminary analysis has also showed the new UK variant was detected in more than half of the Covid-19 cases recorded in the trials, with the vaccine candidate shown to be 95.6% effective against the original strain and 85.6% effective against the variant."

7 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

My Mum had it on Saturday. She'll be 79 in May so I'm hoping there's nothing in the German concerns.

It seems to just be down to a lack of data. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that even though its great in 64 year olds and below, as soon as you hit 65 or more it magically wouldn't work!

I think the Germans are being unnecessarily cautious here. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"UK phase three trials of the Novavax Covid-19 vaccine have found it demonstrated 89.3% efficacy against the virus.

27% over the age of 65 in the clinical trial as well. 

https://ir.novavax.com/news-releases/news-release-details/novavax-covid-19-vaccine-demonstrates-893-efficacy-uk-phase-3

6 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

It seems to just be down to a lack of data. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that even though its great in 64 year olds and below, as soon as you hit 65 or more it magically wouldn't work!

I think the Germans are being unnecessarily cautious here. 

That's exactly what I told my Mum when she rang me worrying about it.

• Upvote 1

My old man gets his today, he’s 73 with COPD so hasn’t been anywhere since last March. Well other than hospital when he had a heart attack at Christmas.  He’s been quite down for a few weeks and the possibility of getting back to a little normality has given him a lift.  

• Upvote 15

New vaccine looks promising. 95% effective against Covid. 85% vs British variant. Can be stored stably at normal fridge temperatures making it easily transportable. Not approved yet so likely unready until the second half of the year. Only downside is it’s manufactured on Teeside.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

New vaccine looks promising. 95% effective against Covid. 85% vs British variant. Can be stored stably at normal fridge temperatures making it easily transportable. Not approved yet so likely unready until the second half of the year. Only downside is it’s manufactured on Teeside.

"Haway the Jabs" 

I know thats Tyneside not Teeside but I couldn't resist. I couldn't think of a decent pun with Smoggy in I'm too busy mate. 

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Haway the Jabs" 

I know thats Tyneside not Teeside but I couldn't resist. I couldn't think of a decent pun with Smoggy in I'm too busy mate. 

They say “howay” up here.

My son says it to me, and every time he says it it’s like a dagger to my heart the little smoggy wool cunt (i’m from Huyton).

• Upvote 6

I'm hoping our shielding neighbour gets his jab soon, we've been doing the shopping for him and his list literally doubles in length by the week, my back is fucked this morning. It's ultra specific too, it's never 'ham' it's 'Jambon de Bayonne' followed by instructions such as 'they sell it on the deli counter but don't buy it if the fat bloke is on there, he doesn't clean his nails'. If there's something missing from his list too he looks like Han Solo after he's just been stabbed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm hoping our shielding neighbour gets his jab soon, we've been doing the shopping for him and his list literally doubles in length by the week, my back is fucked this morning. It's ultra specific too, it's never 'ham' it's 'Jambon de Bayonne' followed by instructions such as 'they sell it on the deli counter but don't buy it if the fat bloke is on there, he doesn't clean his nails'. If there's something missing from his list too he looks like Han Solo after he's just been stabbed. 

Good on you mate.

You've got some patience though if he's like that.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Get him some smart price wafer thin ham for a laugh.