You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

42 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Cunt.

Well the like was actually after the post, but I accept that in 5 seconds there probably wasn't a complete change of sentiment.

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You said the first strain was dying out. I'd say your ball is fucked. 

No I did not.

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The masked avenger returns

Don't get too excited. I'll probably just lurk because mostly I just lurk. I don't have the stomach to post regularly.

All I'll say is I think we should use those FFP3 masks that are all the rage in that place called the EU. The government should mass produce them, give them out for free and make them compulsory everywhere. No exemptions. 

Watch out also for Ivermectin as a potential treatment.  That's my top tip. Currently being trialled by Oxford University - link is here, friends.

https://www.livemint.com/science/health/oxford-university-plans-trials-of-wonder-drug-ivermectin-that-may-reduce-covid-deaths-11611553213905.html

I've jumped the gun and obtained some veterinary grade Ivermectin in the form of Animec horse paste. Hopefully I'll never have to use it, but I'm glad to have it in my possession. Horse paste for all, that's what I say. 

There's currently a legal challenge in South Africa lodged against SAPHRA (their equivalent of Public Health England) and against their health minister. South African doctors are pleading for Ivermectin to be authorised for use in treating humans for Covid-19, being convinced of its efficacy and safety following randomised trials in numerous countries and in light of meta-analysis provided by Dr Andrew Hill of Liverpool University.  The FLCCC (Front Line Critical Care Alliance) in the USA are also pushing heavily for the use of Ivermectin, claiming it inhibits replication of the virus in cells. 

*hides and lurks*

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Don't get too excited. I'll probably just lurk because mostly I just lurk. I don't have the stomach to post regularly.

All I'll say is I think we should use those FFP3 masks that are all the rage in that place called the EU. The government should mass produce them, give them out for free and make them compulsory everywhere. No exemptions. 

Watch out also for Ivermectin as a potential treatment.  That's my top tip. Currently being trialled by Oxford University - link is here, friends.

https://www.livemint.com/science/health/oxford-university-plans-trials-of-wonder-drug-ivermectin-that-may-reduce-covid-deaths-11611553213905.html

I've jumped the gun and obtained some veterinary grade Ivermectin in the form of Animec horse paste. Hopefully I'll never have to use it, but I'm glad to have it in my possession. Horse paste for all, that's what I say. 

There's currently a legal challenge in South Africa lodged against SAPHRA (their equivalent of Public Health England) and against their health minister. South African doctors are pleading for Ivermectin to be authorised for use in treating humans for Covid-19, being convinced of its efficacy and safety following randomised trials in numerous countries and in light of meta-analysis provided by Dr Andrew Hill of Liverpool University.  The FLCCC (Front Line Critical Care Alliance) in the USA are also pushing heavily for the use of Ivermectin, claiming it inhibits replication of the virus in cells. 

*hides and lurks*

5fbUwrx.gif

The Ivermectin thing is weird. It's the source of a lot of conspiracies because there are studies showing it can have a big effect and it's cheap but for some reason, it seems like there is a reticence from anybody with any decision making power to acknowledge its efficacy. I wouldn't know anything about it, but that's what I've read.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Ivermectin thing is weird. It's the source of a lot of conspiracies because there are studies showing it can have a big effect and it's cheap but for some reason, it seems like there is a reticence from anybody with any decision making power to acknowledge its efficacy. I wouldn't know anything about it, but that's what I've read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin#COVID-19

COVID-19

In vitro, ivermectin has antiviral effects against several distinct positive-sense single-strand RNA viruses, including SARS-CoV-2.[69] This has made it an attractive target for COVID-19 drug repurposing research. Subsequent studies found that ivermectin could inhibit replication of SARS-CoV-2 in monkey kidney cell culture with an IC50 of 2.2–2.8 µM.[70][71] Based on these data, however, doses much higher than the maximum approved or safely achievable for use in humans would be required for an antiviral effect.[72] Aside from practical difficulties, such high doses are not covered by current human-use approvals of the drug and would be toxic, as the antiviral mechanism of action is considered to operate via the suppression of a host cellular process,[72] specifically the inhibition of nuclear transport by importin α/β1.[73]

In November 2020, a systematic review found weak evidence of benefit when ivermectin is used as an add-on therapy for people with non-severe COVID-19.[74] A randomized controlled trial (RCT) found no difference in PCR-positive nasal swabs nor in viral load between patients who received ivermectin and those given placebo, thus failing the primary outcome of the study.[75]

As of January 2021, the U.S. National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines state that the evidence for ivermectin is too limited to allow for a recommendation for or against its use.[76] Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for anti-viral use.[76] Additional evidence from RCTs and dose-response studies are needed; several such trials are ongoing.[77]

Despite the absence of high-quality evidence to suggest any efficacy, use of ivermectin for prevention or treatment of early-stage COVID-19 has become increasingly widespread, especially in Latin America, raising concerns about self-medication, safety, and the feasibility of future clinical trials.[78][79] In response, the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency, Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases, and Brazilian Thoracic Society have all issued position statements advising against the use of ivermectin for this purpose,[80][81][82] and the government of Peru rescinded a previous recommendation for the use of ivermectin (alongside azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine) in hospitalized patients, [83] although it is still prescribed for outpatient use.[84]

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin#COVID-19

COVID-19

In vitro, ivermectin has antiviral effects against several distinct positive-sense single-strand RNA viruses, including SARS-CoV-2.[69] This has made it an attractive target for COVID-19 drug repurposing research. Subsequent studies found that ivermectin could inhibit replication of SARS-CoV-2 in monkey kidney cell culture with an IC50 of 2.2–2.8 µM.[70][71] Based on these data, however, doses much higher than the maximum approved or safely achievable for use in humans would be required for an antiviral effect.[72] Aside from practical difficulties, such high doses are not covered by current human-use approvals of the drug and would be toxic, as the antiviral mechanism of action is considered to operate via the suppression of a host cellular process,[72] specifically the inhibition of nuclear transport by importin α/β1.[73]

In November 2020, a systematic review found weak evidence of benefit when ivermectin is used as an add-on therapy for people with non-severe COVID-19.[74] A randomized controlled trial (RCT) found no difference in PCR-positive nasal swabs nor in viral load between patients who received ivermectin and those given placebo, thus failing the primary outcome of the study.[75]

As of January 2021, the U.S. National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines state that the evidence for ivermectin is too limited to allow for a recommendation for or against its use.[76] Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for anti-viral use.[76] Additional evidence from RCTs and dose-response studies are needed; several such trials are ongoing.[77]

Despite the absence of high-quality evidence to suggest any efficacy, use of ivermectin for prevention or treatment of early-stage COVID-19 has become increasingly widespread, especially in Latin America, raising concerns about self-medication, safety, and the feasibility of future clinical trials.[78][79] In response, the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency, Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases, and Brazilian Thoracic Society have all issued position statements advising against the use of ivermectin for this purpose,[80][81][82] and the government of Peru rescinded a previous recommendation for the use of ivermectin (alongside azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine) in hospitalized patients, [83] although it is still prescribed for outpatient use.[84]

Pay Complacency - The Human Well