Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1282 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Just now, Spy Bee said:

No, you made yourself look stupid with your comment and when I pointed it out, you used something completely irrelevant to try and have a pop. Like I said, cunt.

Shut up you girl you've made yourself look a daft cunt for the last 10 months on this thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

He made himself look stupid by saying lockdowns can help slow down the virus?

Do keep up. 

 

The point I was making was that the new variant was spreading less slowly than other variants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

He made himself look stupid by saying lockdowns can help slow down the virus?

Don't bother. He's clearly on his period and can't take a joke or you know, anything factual that goes against his warped covidiot Karen brain. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Do keep up. 

 

The point I was making was that the new variant was spreading less slowly than other variants.

And the point I was making (that wasn't a dig) was that by the graphs you showed the lockdown seems to have slowed the virus down. Explain how that is stupid?

 

You then bit back because you don't like anything that goes against your stupid fucking outlook then reacted to a joke that was blatantly a joke because I'd repped your post a second before you sensitive little shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Do keep up. 

 

The point I was making was that the new variant was spreading less slowly than other variants.

Right, but you have no idea why that’s the case do you? There could be a variety of reasons. One possibility (not saying this is the case because no one knows at the minute) is that the spread of the new variant was higher in younger people and may have benefited more from schools closing. Or lockdown in other words. 

Maybe the old variant is spreading more in sectors/demographics that aren’t as affected by lockdown. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Cunt.

To be fair, you went on holiday, which you were entitled to do, but then came on here, moaning about your wife moaning about having to stay in for a couple of weeks, when plenty of people haven’t felt safe or comfortable leaving the house for months and months on end.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the "new variants" have been mediatized is pretty weird, to be honest. The word's been overused now but it does look like a lot of scaremongering. Not by scientists, they have a right to be concerned because they actually study this stuff, but by the media. A couple changes to the virus, of which there are like thousands anyway, and all of a sudden the vaccines are in peril and it's infecting everybody 70% easier. Like, slow down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The way the "new variants" have been mediatized is pretty weird, to be honest. The word's been overused now but it does look like a lot of scaremongering. Not by scientists, they have a right to be concerned because they actually study this stuff, but by the media. A couple changes to the virus, of which there are like thousands anyway, and all of a sudden the vaccines are in peril and it's infecting everybody 70% easier. Like, slow down.

You're correct, it's scaremongering but it's required.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

To be fair, you went on holiday, which you were entitled to do, but then came on here, moaning about your wife moaning about having to stay in for a couple of weeks, when plenty of people haven’t felt safe or comfortable leaving the house for months and months on end.

Did he go anywhere nice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55768627

 

It may arguably just about be possible for it to be ‘more deadly’ for seriously unwell people to arrive at an ICU department which is bursting at the seams and needing to decant patients to other parts of the country - always going to be the inevitable outcome of stopping a national lockdown on 2nd December and letting the virus increase in the population for 3 weeks before then allowing the ideal circumstances for mass transmission - you risible, hateful, pitifully inadequate, child’s brain, amateur human being cunt.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Poster said:

The latest plan (in the news today) a one off payment of £500 for those that test positive. An encouragement to some to catch it and the tories 'herd immunity' plan about to ramp up.

 

By the time the Tories have subcontracted the payment to a payment company of their choice the people that test positive will only get about £35.00 anyway. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

 

By the time the Tories have subcontracted the payment to a payment company of their choice the people that test positive will only get about £35.00 anyway. 

£400 quid fine for flouting, 500 payment for getting, isnt that 100 quid up in the covid cunts charter?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Because people spend a lot more time outdoors?

Is it THAT simple? Seems unlikely.  We still all went to lots of indoor venues, shopping was the same as now, tube, train, restaurants.  

As for school, didn't they go back for a while in June? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×