Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1280 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

So essentially they are saying its ok to have a house party with 14 people? 

15 is ok as it's says 15+.

 

Are flat parties allowed as it's technically not a house?

 

Are boat parties allowed as it's technically not a house?

 

They haven't got a clue.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 is the point where the £800 fine comes in to play, there are already new laws on gatherings of people outside of permitted social bubbles. 

 

They could have put it better.

 

I'd remove the free NHS treatment for every tosser breaking the laws for 12 months for each offence. They are contributing to the overloading of the NHS by their selfish attitude. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Isnt it supposed to be given within 12 weeks for it to be as effective as possible. 

3 weeks on the Pfizer which is being given to everyone I know in the north west who've had the vaccine (up to the end of last week).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest plan (in the news today) a one off payment of £500 for those that test positive. An encouragement to some to catch it and the tories 'herd immunity' plan about to ramp up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _______________ said:

The latest plan (in the news today) a one off payment of £500 for those that test positive. An encouragement to some to catch it and the tories 'herd immunity' plan about to ramp up.

Have the accusations that poor will get it intentionally started yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents (81 & 83) finally got their jabs last week, they got the Pfizer one but haven’t got a date for a second jab.

I got a jab as I’m NHS staff and have just got a second date, exactly 12 weeks to the day.

Round here it seems to be a bit of a lottery based on your GP rather than your actual address. My parents have an 80 plus neighbour who is at a different  GP and hasn’t  heard a thing yet.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, suzy said:

My parents (81 & 83) finally got their jabs last week, they got the Pfizer one but haven’t got a date for a second jab.

I got a jab as I’m NHS staff and have just got a second date, exactly 12 weeks to the day.

Round here it seems to be a bit of a lottery based on your GP rather than your actual address. My parents have an 80 plus neighbour who is at a different  GP and hasn’t  heard a thing yet.

My parents (76& 75) get their first jab today at the GP's. Not sure which vaccine they are receiving, just glad they're getting it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pete said:

My parents (76& 75) get their first jab today at the GP's. Not sure which vaccine they are receiving, just glad they're getting it. 

That’s great. You are told when you go which one you get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Did anyone watch Care Homes: The Long Year Alone on ITV1? I’m watching it on +1, it’s difficult viewing

Yeah watched a bit, I was horrified by the fact the GPs wouldn't go in and had to communicate via the staff using zoom which kept cutting out, also wouldn't sign off on administering oxygen or something either? True heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘But but but: There are concerns about vaccines — both over whether the single dose plan will be effective and whether the rollout could be thrown off course at the hands of a mutant strain from abroad. On the first point, Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster told “Question Time” Thursday nightthat the devolved leaders had a briefing call with Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove, in which he set out concerns from Israel about the infection rate among those who had had one vaccine dose. There are questions over whether ministers were right to extend the space between the two doses from three weeks to 12, with more data still being sought.


Don’t freak out, but: Nottingham Uni professor Herb Sewell writes in the Daily Mail this morning that delaying the second dose could be “a terrible mistake.” The risks are that the vaccine could be much less effective than first thought, and that weak immune responses could encourage vaccine-resistant strains to evolve, he said.’

 

From the politico news blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, _______________ said:

15 is the point where the £800 fine comes in to play, there are already new laws on gatherings of people outside of permitted social bubbles. 

 

They could have put it better.

 

I'd remove the free NHS treatment for every tosser breaking the laws for 12 months for each offence. They are contributing to the overloading of the NHS by their selfish attitude. 

 

 

Keep hearing this and it makes absolutely no sense. If you go down that route then why treat smokers for lung disease, heavy drinkers for liver failure and drug users for sepsis, aids etc. It’s a daft argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Keep hearing this and it makes absolutely no sense. If you go down that route then why treat smokers for lung disease, heavy drinkers for liver failure and drug users for sepsis, aids etc. It’s a daft argument.

I agree, then the logic extends to people who run having knee injuries in later life or people playing contact sports also self inflicted injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

‘But but but: There are concerns about vaccines — both over whether the single dose plan will be effective and whether the rollout could be thrown off course at the hands of a mutant strain from abroad. On the first point, Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster told “Question Time” Thursday nightthat the devolved leaders had a briefing call with Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove, in which he set out concerns from Israel about the infection rate among those who had had one vaccine dose. There are questions over whether ministers were right to extend the space between the two doses from three weeks to 12, with more data still being sought.


Don’t freak out, but: Nottingham Uni professor Herb Sewell writes in the Daily Mail this morning that delaying the second dose could be “a terrible mistake.” The risks are that the vaccine could be much less effective than first thought, and that weak immune responses could encourage vaccine-resistant strains to evolve, he said.’

 

From the politico news blast.

It's ridiculous, these reservations were all put forward when they made that stupid fucking decision at the end of December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Keep hearing this and it makes absolutely no sense. If you go down that route then why treat smokers for lung disease, heavy drinkers for liver failure and drug users for sepsis, aids etc. It’s a daft argument.

Maybe, but you wouldn’t lockdown smokers or drinkers costing the country billions in order to save lives... and of course smokers and drinkers pay a small fortune in taxes.  Difficult decisions during a pandemic do often appear as ridiculous under normal circumstances.

 

I think it’s stupid to make the comparison myself, but then I do also acknowledge that there is no way my daft idea would be implemented. I'd actually get the lash out myself, first for the politicians of course. 

 

Just carry on fining people, that will fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

‘But but but: There are concerns about vaccines — both over whether the single dose plan will be effective and whether the rollout could be thrown off course at the hands of a mutant strain from abroad. On the first point, Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster told “Question Time” Thursday nightthat the devolved leaders had a briefing call with Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove, in which he set out concerns from Israel about the infection rate among those who had had one vaccine dose. There are questions over whether ministers were right to extend the space between the two doses from three weeks to 12, with more data still being sought.


Don’t freak out, but: Nottingham Uni professor Herb Sewell writes in the Daily Mail this morning that delaying the second dose could be “a terrible mistake.” The risks are that the vaccine could be much less effective than first thought, and that weak immune responses could encourage vaccine-resistant strains to evolve, he said.’

 

From the politico news blast.

 

I think it's no secret that getting one jab isn't ideal, it may not provide total protection or prevent transmissions, or even come close to helping build that much vaunted 'herd immunity' that will help us put a lid on this pandemic sooner, but by all accounts it reduces the number of people being hospitalised or getting seriously ill by 100%. 

 

We're faced with a straight choice at the moment between completely protecting one grandparent, or partially protecting two, I think the latter approach makes total sense. And I hate this government, believe me. 

 

There will come a time where we hopefully look at this policy and address its shortfalls, no doubt we'll all have to be vaccinated again - properly this time - maybe a year or 18 months from now when things are much more manageable, but at this point the house is burning down and we've only got one hosepipe. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

 

I think it's no secret that getting one jab isn't ideal, it may not provide total protection or prevent transmissions, or even come close to helping build that much vaunted 'herd immunity' that will help us put a lid on this pandemic sooner, but by all accounts it reduces the number of people being hospitalised or getting seriously ill by 100%. 

 

We're faced with a straight choice at the moment between completely protecting one grandparent, or partially protecting two, I think the latter approach makes total sense. And I hate this government, believe me. 

 

There will come a time where we hopefully look at this policy and address its shortfalls, no doubt we'll all have to be vaccinated again - properly this time - maybe a year or 18 months from now when things are much more manageable, but at this point the house is burning down and we've only got one hosepipe. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I was posting more for info than anything, as I have no ducking idea in truth.

 

The noise suggests they’re taking the worse of two good options, but time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:


I was posting more for info than anything, as I have no ducking idea in truth.

 

The noise suggests they’re taking the worse of two good options, but time will tell.

Frankly my opinion of this crowd is so low, I don't doubt we'll end up fucking the whole thing up. 

 

"Serco vaccination phase 2 - the return." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Frankly my opinion of this crowd is so low, I don't doubt we'll end up fucking the whole thing up. 

 

"Serco vaccination phase 2 - the return." 


Possibly, but I think we’re beyond that point now, as, we’ve spoken about before, that adults have taken over.

 

They’re going to get things wrong and their friends are still going to get paid and they’ll still claim victory in abject failure, but the scientists have bailed them out and the NHS will bail them out and as soon as this shitfest is over they’ll cut funding to both as Tories gonna Tory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the first Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday as I've been volunteering at a local clinic this week. They are immunising patients from 4 different surgeries in the county (I say 'county' because one of the surgeries is in Loughborough, 14 miles away, and the others are within 3 miles of the clinic), and this place is one of the few with more than one waiting area and enough social distancing space, which is required because you have to stay there for 15 minutes after your jab. Towards the end of the day, the doctors had half a dozen doses left and they have to use them up because they can only be taken out of cold storage for a limited amount of time, so they asked us volunteers if we'd like our jabs. They even told me that my folks can call in and will be booked in even though they don't fit the age and well-being criteria of this initial roll-out, so they've now had them too. It's impressive how quickly and efficiently everything's been done, and I'm grateful that people have been very patient and understanding of the situation. The doctors and nurses have been absolute superstars.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Had the first Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday as I've been volunteering at a local clinic this week. They are immunising patients from 4 different surgeries in the county (I say 'county' because one of the surgeries is in Loughborough, 14 miles away, and the others are within 3 miles of the clinic), and this place is one of the few with more than one waiting area and enough social distancing space, which is required because you have to stay there for 15 minutes after your jab. Towards the end of the day, the doctors had half a dozen doses left and they have to use them up because they can only be taken out of cold storage for a limited amount of time, so they asked us volunteers if we'd like our jabs. They even told me that my folks can call in and will be booked in even though they don't fit the age and well-being criteria of this initial roll-out, so they've now had them too. It's impressive how quickly and efficiently everything's been done, and I'm grateful that people have been very patient and understanding of the situation. The doctors and nurses have been absolute superstars.

 

Makes me laugh when people slag off socialism. A mass vaccination programme coordinated by the state, the NHS and supported by the army is about as 'central planning' as you can get. It was this kind of full mobilisation of the state that eliminated polio, built millions of council houses and sent squadrons of Spitfires into the air. 

 

The State eh, who needs it? Big, bloated and wasteful - unlike Serco. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, _______________ said:

15 is the point where the £800 fine comes in to play, there are already new laws on gatherings of people outside of permitted social bubbles. 

 

They could have put it better.

 

I'd remove the free NHS treatment for every tosser breaking the laws for 12 months for each offence. They are contributing to the overloading of the NHS by their selfish attitude. 

 

 

 

4 hours ago, _______________ said:

The latest plan (in the news today) a one off payment of £500 for those that test positive. An encouragement to some to catch it and the tories 'herd immunity' plan about to ramp up.

 

I'm sorry, these two posts stink of the Daily Mail comments section. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mates mam passed away yesterday. She was early 80s and had alzheimers. She was cared for at home and they had been running a military operation to keep it out of the house as they have 6 young boys. It looks like one of the sisters brought into the house on Christmas day. The virus and the outcomes are horrible but there must be so much guilt out there eating away at people. In this case I just hope no blame is attached by anyone and the sister who tested positive herself doesn't blame herself. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

400 people at a wedding in East London. 
 

Did the stupid fuckers really think this would go unnoticed?

 

North East London, Stamford Hill.

 

Large Hasidic Jewish area mixed with hipsters who can't afford Dalston, an odd mix.

 

When I was doing food parcle delivers the during the first time around it was a shitfest as well, saw a couple of children's parties spilling out on to the street and little social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • Says it all when our all conquering midfield club captain being injured adds to our defensive woes.
    • Henderson’s first game in defence was against Southampton, but we’d put in largely stale performances against WBA & Newcastle leading up to it. 
        I don’t disagree on that we should have been looking to invest come 1st January but we were always on a hiding to nothing as soon as VVD was injured. 
        Would signing Kabak or Davies on the 1st January have made any difference? Who knows. It’s likely they wouldn’t have played until the mancs on 17th January and we won 2/4 games at the end of January.   Obviously, there is another conversation on whether Kabak & Davies are of the required quality for us. 
        We don’t know what happened behind the scenes in terms of attempting to sign somebody.
        We seem to be heavily in for Konaté of Leipzig, but he has a reduced buy out clause come the summer & why would RBL sell to us before the CL match?    Would Brighton have sold us Ben White in the middle of a relegation battle? Or at least absolutely pulled our pants down in the process of doing so. 
        On the squad rebuild, it’s not as disastrous as is being made. Yes, players will need replacing in coming seasons, but we don’t need to ship half the squad out in one summer.
        If he comes back from his injury as good as he was, IMO VVD can continue at this level, like Ramos, until he’s 35/36. Salah and Mane only turn 29 this year and are still contributing on the pitch. Hendo will likely be the oldest player come August and he’ll only just turn 31.   I agree with Carra about strengthening the spine, I put similar a page or two back. IMO, we don’t need a wholesale sweeping change. Returning players and quality additions (ie straight into the first 11) in defence, replacing Wijnaldum and another striker will, IMO, see a new impetus. 
    • It certainly maded me laugh. 
    • Nah.  What he wants and what we are willing to offer will already be in writing and on the relevant peoples desks.  It won't be changing just because of some injuries.  What needs to happen is a willingness to compromise from both parties and to get a middle ground from what's been asked.    Although, he may have decided he wants to play in a different country. He's won everything he wants here.  Spain or Italy might appeal.  In which case, more power to him and I wish him well.
    • Thanks for this Dave. Like many, I only have a passing interest in what's going on and use your round-up to keep vaguely in touch. I haven't watched MotD for about three months. This is the first time I've seen that McGuire elbow. It's just laughable now. Until you remember that the media don't seem to think there's a problem. 
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×