You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

18 hours ago, Caramac said:

I lost my mum to the virus yesterday. She was 86 and had been in a care home for just coming up to six years suffering from alzheimers.

The care home seemed to be keeping the virus at bay up until a couple of weeks ago and then my mum tested positive around ten days ago. She seemed to be doing ok but then in a space of less than 24 hrs she deteriorated quickly.

We got a call from them saying she was really poorly so we hurried up there and myself, dad and brother were allowed in separately for 15 mins to say our goodbyes. Within a couple of hours she had passed away :(

Just seen this. Such a sad way to go. Condolences mate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

So it seems the new ‘front’ from the usual suspects to try and give them some respectability will be called Hart Group which launches tomorrow. Grifters gonna grift.

Spy Bee to be all over it within days. 

And who they really are. 

I used to be friendly with Neil O'Brien (his daughter was in my daycare). Nice bloke

Watching BBC news and its clear they would like to move the narrative away from the UK variant. It was a useful distraction at the time but becoming a black sheep wasn't on the original agenda. We are on the South African variant now, that is the danger now but luckily the government have "enhanced contact tracing" and "stringent border measures in place". This is one that is easily controlled,  any dimwit can should borders from a country 10 hours away.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsjDHbl500rc4apAkyVWE

John Coffey on telly this morning saying we have the highest death rate in the world because we're so fat. This is where we are now. 

And yet, here is a graph of obesity rates:

obesity-rates.png

Admittedly it's from 2009, but look where New Zealand is on the chart. And Australia. Or Iceland for that matter. All island nations and all with overwhelmingly better Covid statistics than us.

If I can find this in 5 minutes, surely some researcher at a news station can as well.

59 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Absolutely, I'm not denying that - I'm just fucked if I'm going to let this shitshow of a government blame that rather than their gross fucking ineptitude.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Absolutely, I'm not denying that - I'm just fucked if I'm going to let this shitshow of a government blame that rather than their gross fucking ineptitude.

That's how they roll. The latest advertising campaign is doctors and patients looking at the camera and you being asked if  you've done all you can to stop it happening. I did try to close the borders in March but I changed my mind. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That's how they roll. The latest advertising campaign is doctors and patients looking at the camera and you being asked if  you've done all you can to stop it happening. I did try to close the borders in March but I changed my mind. 

Fair play to you. I, myself, tried to get employers not to threaten their employees with the sack if they refused to travel into work on the tube.

• Upvote 2

Worth a read. Guy is rightfully calling for full disclosure of all Vaccine related data. I'm not anti-vaxx but these questions and observations are valid.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/01/04/peter-doshi-pfizer-and-modernas-95-effective-vaccines-we-need-more-details-and-the-raw-data/?fbclid=IwAR3A6QjjyYNPHfboZUZlKRMBHKNGyaEN45CSOduvCRSlP8ePph0r8ep3FeU

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Shows the importance of vaccinating people correctly. 

I've read the science and I'm happy that the way the government is doing it is for the best. After 3 weeks the initial increase in immuno-response is strong. This won't immediately disappear, and it's better to give everyone some level of protection.

I've been massively critical of this corrupt government, but I think the vaccination roll out has been excellent so far.

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I've read the science and I'm happy that the way the government is doing it is for the best. After 3 weeks the initial increase in immuno-response is strong. This won't immediately disappear, and it's better to give everyone some level of protection.

I've been massively critical of this corrupt government, but I think the vaccination roll out has been excellent so far.

That’s that then. We’re all fucked. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I bet Van Tam has just done the biggest sigh of relief.  Someone who doesn’t understand the science, has read it and is happy with it.  

Similarly I have read the science behind the Space X test tonight and am happy.   Elon, we are go for launch.