You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

For all the money and work talk on here, if you have the following: diabetes, hypertension, heart problems,  issues that cause/ require immunosuppression, respiratory problems and are above the age of 50 you really need to get yourself into self isolation fast.

Other humans are vectors start seeing them that way.

Large numbers of the the population are going to require hospitalization, if you think you are getting onto a high dependency unit if you are older you need your head examining, they will be for the youngs and people with young children.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Like many things it takes time until the reality and the seriousness of things kick in. The initial traits of humour and going against measures which restrict our normal way of life will be replaced by anxiety and fear. I know that is what is slowly happening over here as Europe enters lock down. More drastic measures are being introduced today, only supermarkets, chemists, drugstores and petrol stations are allowed to open. No social gatherings are allowed, no gov't building open for people, anything you need doing at City Hall, Job centre, Tax office etc can only be done via the telephone or on-line. Tain/tram and bus services are being cut to the bare minimum and so on. Talk is of banning travel between borders fully, although a lot of countries are already doing that, also travel between cities is on the agenda. 

Many of us on here will have an underlying condition that will put us in extra danger should we contract this virus, a lot of us won't even know about possible complications. Just look after yourself folks and also your loved ones, friends and neighbours. Keep on spreading the seriousness of the situation because as the numbers rise people will start to listen, Government over here are bracing themselves for a high spike in numbers due to the sheer amount of tests which were carried out over the weekend. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I was just listening to the local radio station whilst dropping the eldest lad off at work and they playing extracts from our Mayors speech which he held last night. In Bielefeld, a City of about 350.000 DATA collected from Doctors/Hospitals show that 70.000 people fall under the groups which are prone to having serious conditions if they catch this virus. Now this could be tactics to frighten people into listening to advice, but if those numbers are correct it is mind boggling and pretty frightening. 

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, A Red said:

Anyway, happy St Patricks day to the bogtrotters.

My mate who is in Wicklow near Dublin at the moment on holiday said everywhere is shut, the shops are going to sell out of alcohol pretty quickly. 

Carphone Warehouse to close all stand alone stores and 2900 jobs lost. 

Disgraceful behaviour from these cunt companies taking advantage of this. 

If others follow, how the fuck are people going to pay their mortgages? 

One of the reporters on Sky said a woman has been ordered to get her ass into work and find somewhere else to live after someone in her house is self isolating. 

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

One of the reporters on Sky said a woman has been ordered to get her ass into work and find somewhere else to live after someone in her house is self isolating. 

I work as a manager for carphone. We did expect a few closures but woke up to find I'm now redundant.  Think it's the final nail but in hindsight this was happening beforehand. Our deliveries have dropped to zero ect

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I work as a manager for carphone. We did expect a few closures but woke up to find I'm now redundant.  Think it's the final nail but in hindsight this was happening beforehand. Our deliveries have dropped to zero ect

Sorry to hear that mate.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

That's shit news mate, hope you find new employment soon. 

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Shit man, that’s bollocks. Hope you have been there long enough to get a decent pay out?

It’s going to be impossible finding a job for a few months, and especially in retail I would have thought.

11 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can find something soon.

20 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Bad news, Ive just got a phone through them, always do, and was just going up there for some help with it, the other day they said they don't think they'd close , temporary that is, I feel sorry for them as this is shit, who's next for fucksake

14 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm no fan of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson but the amount of "how am I meant to drive a 10 ton truck from home" etc comments trouble me. 

The message was clearly one of "work from home, WHERE POSSIBLE."

A lot of what they've announced today seems lacking in detail though. 

aye, dick heads who don't get the more people off the streets as possible, the safer it makes for everyone including those who have to work publicly eg health workers, bin men, fire, bizzie's and armed forces

11 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

That’s gutting mate. 

I think yesterday was the point I realised it was genuinely seriously bad. It was only yesterday morning I was laughing at someone I know for going into Lidl wearing a silly mask. And it wasn’t one of these. 

614Ku-qP2DL._SR500,500_.jpg

The only thing stopping me from taking the whole family into self isolation is my boy’s determination to stay in school because of his GCSE’s coming up. Had a little argument with him over it already this morning but he’s 16 so he obviously knows more about everything than everyone else. Proper teenage strop. “Well if the school’s open, I’m going, I don’t care.” You’ll do as your told, you little bastard. I think if the schools don’t shut in the next few days I’ll take matters into my own hands. Four kids in Turdsette’s class of less than 20 were off for various reasons yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Just been told by a source in London that a prisoner in one of the London court cells fell ill last week and has tested positive for C-19. Not only have they not tested the three custody officers who dealt with him, but have insisted they keep working in the cell area, which is chock full of prisoners and custody staff.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

If it doesn’t spread / live as well in fresh air or sunshine, how come it’s having such an impact in countries with significantly warmer climates than us? 

Because they all sit in the shade under awnings, passing it on via domino pieces (the game not the pizza).

I went to Asda at 7.00 am today, thinking of empty shelves, wasn't to bad but no chicken though plenty of other stuff. 

What done my head in was that there was about 20 people outside waiting for it to open when about half dozen Chinese students turned up in there masks taking fucking photographs, they seemed to be having a laugh to.