Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1277 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Curfew here from Friday. 20:30 to 4:30 until at least February 9th.

Also, no flights at all from the UK and South Africa. 

Are all the brasses on furlough?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Are all the brasses on furlough?

The tax paying self employed ones will be entitled to the same benefits as other businesses I would imagine. 

Pfizer vaccine works on the UK variant apparently, also looks like the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is about to be approved. I'll bag this little bastard.

EMmXVPqXsAEniVH.jpg

23 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Must be a private account because I can’t view anything. Apart from his Twitter bio which says, “All models are wrong but some can be useful”.

image.png

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Uh oh.

This is a bit misleading. The vaccines are meant to protect from serious disease. It also probably reduces people's chances of getting Covid, but it doesn't make people totally immune. It's been known all along you could still get Covid even after being vaccinated, "new variant", or not. You just won't end up in the hospital. 

• Upvote 1

Curfew now officially announced. Only exceptions seem to be walking a dog alone, medical emergency or travelling to an essential job with a letter stating so from your employer. 

Flight ban extended to include all countries in South America. 

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Last night's  ITV documentary (Outbreak) didn't make pleasant viewing especially when you see how long the Chinese Government kept secret the outbreak of Covid for so long...Gang of cunts .

And then you see how well Taiwan implemented measures to combat the spread of it (7 deaths out of a population of 24 million) to this gang of sociopaths in charge here who basically imported it into care homes 

Yeah it was a good show. Frightening for so many reasons. Genuinely if there was another virus next year I don't think this government would do anything differently. Shambles.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah it was a good show. Frightening for so many reasons. Genuinely if there was another virus next year I don't think this government would do anything differently. Shambles.

And that's the worst part. If they were capable of learning a lesson, and holding their hands up, then we'd at least be better off next time. Instead they point their gold encrusted fingers at anyone but them or their mates and paint themselves as the heroes.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

This is the problem. It's not something we've really ever seen in the UK so you can understand mistakes being made. The fact we're 10 months down the line and no one seems willing to admit there were any suggests we aren't learning from the errors, should something similar happen in future it will most likely be the same fuck ups once more.

42 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

This is the problem. It's not something we've really ever seen in the UK so you can understand mistakes being made. The fact we're 10 months down the line and no one seems willing to admit there were any suggests we aren't learning from the errors, should something similar happen in future it will most likely be the same fuck ups once more.

It's interesting because there are aspects to Johnson that make him a disaster for something like a pandemic, but likewise you wonder how, for instance, someone like May with Hammond as Chancellor would have handled it. I'd imagine she'd be more organised in terms of locking down early, but Hammond would have let far more companies go to the wall IMO, I can't imagine him in a million years have agreeing to the kind of furlough sums we've seen this year. 

I've just had a positive test myself. Really strange as on Friday I got a rapid test and it was negative then yesterday had a little cough got the other test and it's now come back positive. 

10 day isolating it is. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I've just had a positive test myself. Really strange as on Friday I got a rapid test and it was negative then yesterday had a little cough got the other test and it's now come back positive. 

10 day isolating it is. 

Good luck mate.

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

"There won't be a second wave."

The pivot now is that they always said there’s going to be a second wave but it’s false positives and really flu. 

54 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

10 day isolating it is. 

Good luck fella

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

"There won't be a second wave."

Imagine not being 'man enough' hahahaha embarrassing for sure. Narcissism and cowardice though isn't it. There for all to see. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Good luck fella

Imagine not being 'man enough' hahahaha embarrassing for sure. Narcissism and cowardice though isn't it. There for all to see. 

Cheers mate. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good luck fella

Has he still not admitted he was wrong? Unbelievable. Makes him look like an even bigger tit.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Has he still not admitted he was wrong? Unbelievable. Makes him look like an even bigger tit.

Has he fuck. Well he did to me (kind of) by PM but no, he hasn't. We all know how wrong he was and I wouldn't be arsed at all about him admitting it had he not been so arrogant as to question everyone else's bottle as a Man if they were wrong yet can't do it himself. It's funny now, laughable. 

Anyway enough about that. Heavy day for deaths, it will be over the 2k mark soon I reckon. Anyone still against Lockdown/Masks etc is a cunt.