Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1256 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

If we had anyone on here from Spain we could learn how they did it. I think it was;

- don’t go out unless you have to

- stay within x km of your home

- you have to print off or complete a form stating times and purpose of journeys

- fined if you break the rules

Yeah it will end, lockdown isn't a big vote winner. 

According to AgeUK flu kills on average 8000 people a year and we do not lockdown for that, although we do have a flu jab and I assume that keeps the average down. It's mad that we are currently hitting about 8000 deaths a week and that is only likely to rise. 

In the end we may have to go down the route of taking much more draconian actions for a short period, we may end up with curfews (Quebec has a 4 week curfew) and people might during that harsher period realise that right now we do still have quite a lot of liberty and that maybe the moaning was a little hysterical. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

If we had anyone on here from Spain we could learn how they did it. I think it was;

- don’t go out unless you have to

- stay within x km of your home

- you have to print off or complete a form stating times and purpose of journeys

- fined if you break the rules

Jairzinho has been posting regularly on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Does stone think this will every actually end? Honest question 

Deffo, I reckon by the summer, although it may come back a bit in the winter. 

All the stuff I've read lately point to long lasting immunity, either years or decades save for a few outlying cases of people who've caught it twice (possibly a different variant). 

So once enough people have had the jab or developed immunity through infection then it's got nowhere to go, it's trying to swing on monkey bars which have all got grease on.

It could be argued that the hell we're currently going through was always going to happen because we'd tried to shield people earlier in the year (and rightly so). The new variant is also a direct result of social distancing measures (the shit one died off because we were all holed up and washing our hands, the better one could still spread - Darwinism in action). 

The Spanish flu basically followed the same pattern. The first wave was smaller and featured masks, social distancing and other mitigation measures. The second wave saw it just totally fucking run riot. The third wave was smaller again and happened in the spring I think it was. It disappeared because by the end, everyone was either immune or had died - so monkey bar theory applied. 

This time we've got vaccines so it should speed that process up and hopefully spare a lot of deaths. 

You have to remember too that, yes, things are grim, but there's method in them telling you that. They want you to stay home and they'd rather you were sat in the corner shaking than going to parties and spreading the virus. But there's good news around too, two more vaccines expected to come on stream by the end of this month by all accounts. 

At the end of the day,  there's a cure for this disease, an actual cure - that's the bottom line. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

All the stuff I've read lately point to long lasting immunity, either years or decades save for a few outlying cases of people who've caught it twice (possibly a different variant). 

So once enough people have had the jab or developed immunity through infection then it's got nowhere to go, it's trying to swing on monkey bars which have all got grease on.

It could be argued that the hell we're currently going through was always going to happen because we'd tried to shield people earlier in the year (and rightly so). The new variant is also a direct result of social distancing measures (the shit one died off because we were all holed up and washing our hands, the better one could still spread - Darwinism in action). 

The Spanish flu basically followed the same pattern. The first wave was smaller and featured masks, social distancing and other mitigation measures. The second wave saw it just totally fucking run riot. The third wave was smaller again and happened in the spring I think it was. It disappeared because by the end, everyone was either immune or had died - so monkey bar theory applied. 

This time we've got vaccines so it should speed that process up and hopefully spare a lot of deaths. 

You have to remember too that, yes, things are grim, but there's method in them telling you that. They want you to stay home and they'd rather you were sat in the corner shaking than going to parties and spreading the virus. But there's good news around too, two more vaccines expected to come on stream by the end of this month by all accounts. 

At the end of the day,  there's a cure for this disease, an actual cure - that's the bottom line. 

I’ll sleep better after reading that mate. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ll sleep better after reading that mate. 

I should point out I got a Third in Information Systems at Uni and a U in Biology A Level. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The irony is you can imagine the poster for this.

Covid-19 is the disease. The vaccine is the cure.

And on the trailer you see who all the hopes are pinned on...

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

Just had the cricket on briefly (Australia vs India) and they were talking about people back in the UK staying up to watch it. Shane Warne was making a joke about Michael Vaughan stumbling home from the pub to make some food.

The co-commentator was an English lady who made the point that everyone has to stay in their homes back in the UK.

Was a bit demoralising tbh.

Why is nobody mentioning the nightingale and the other such sites dotted about the uk? It seems bizarre that we all keep pushing the at capacity message, but nobody actually seems to be questioning or getting answers on that. It’s fucking ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, belarus said:

Why is nobody mentioning the nightingale and the other such sites dotted about the uk? It seems bizarre that we all keep pushing the at capacity message, but nobody actually seems to be questioning or getting answers on that. It’s fucking ridiculous.

You mean the fact that there’s no staff for them?

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's an annual cure. 

I know it's not a cure, but we're talking semantics. 

It's not man - you can get the flu after getting vaccinated in the same year, there is no proof of anything different for Covid.

It mitigates your chances.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's not man - you can get the flu after getting vaccinated in the same year, there is no proof of anything different for Covid.

It mitigates your chances.

To be fair, the vaccines manufacturers do acknowledge that with their percentage success ratio.

Yep - it will give folks enough confidence to go about their business and should be enough to get the gubmints off the hook. In this way it will be comparable to the flu.