Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1254 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

38 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Fucking hell, didn’t realise Ireland was so bad. 

We were in lockdown until Dec 1st,  it was essentially sold as get the numbers down to rock bottom in this 6 weeks (mid Oct to Nov 31st) and we can open up and have good Christmas. It was certainly taken that way, restaurants and pubs were back open for  a short while and obviously Christmas Day saw people meeting up for the first time in months. It was very predicable although I don’t think anyone thought it would be this bad. The numbers are off the scale but hospitalisation and deaths haven't caught up yet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Good to see see the Spice Girls have  been vaccinated 

ErSEfXTW8AE4AUK?format=jpg&name=900x900

Rick Moranis photo-bombing them at the back.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Remember when asymptomatic folks couldn't spread the virus.

Gosh, those were good times.

When men were men. 

1 hour ago, No2 said:

We were in lockdown until Dec 1st,  it was essentially sold as get the numbers down to rock bottom in this 6 weeks (mid Oct to Nov 31st) and we can open up and have good Christmas. It was certainly taken that way, restaurants and pubs were back open for  a short while and obviously Christmas Day saw people meeting up for the first time in months. It was very predicable although I don’t think anyone thought it would be this bad. The numbers are off the scale but hospitalisation and deaths haven't caught up yet.

Yup. Both cork and limerick now have their biggest hospitals in crisis mode where they are cancelling surgeries and appointments. Very grim here now. 

19 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Yup. Both cork and limerick now have their biggest hospitals in crisis mode where they are cancelling surgeries and appointments. Very grim here now. 

On the plus side, I heard everyone in cuh has had their first shot of the Pfizer jab. 

And I personally know of about 20 people here in Dublin that have gotten their first jab. So fingers crossed with this new stricter lockdown we can get the really vulnerable vaccinated then start opening up slowly in and around Patrick's day 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

On the plus side, I heard everyone in cuh has had their first shot of the Pfizer jab. 

And I personally know of about 20 people here in Dublin that have gotten their first jab. So fingers crossed with this new stricter lockdown we can get the really vulnerable vaccinated then start opening up slowly in and around Patrick's day 

Ireland won’t be fully vaccinated in 2021. If we open up around Paddy’s day we will see numbers explode again. 

24 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Ireland won’t be fully vaccinated in 2021. If we open up around Paddy’s day we will see numbers explode again. 

i dont think you need everyone to be vaccinated to loosen the grip on some restrictions.

If everyone in the health sector, nursing home and possible the over 70's are done by March, then i can see why they cant start opening shops and possibly outside eating. 

Hopefully anyway.........

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

i dont think you need everyone to be vaccinated to loosen the grip on some restrictions.

If everyone in the health sector, nursing home and possible the over 70's are done by March, then i can see why they cant start opening shops and possibly outside eating. 

Hopefully anyway.........

I am no doctor so have no idea but looking at the spike in cases here during christmas I am hoping they take a more cautious approach to reopening next time. Better more safe and again sorry. I totally and utterly concur with your last sentence though. Hopefully it’ll get better soon-ish. 

This fella bodied Alison Pearson the other week and he’s done it again with another one of the cranks. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Just seen on Facebook a friend of a friend has died aged 35 from covid. Didn't know the lad myself but its no age

If anyone is in any doubt what this can do to you I implore you to take the most stringent precautions.

Spoke to my Sis' earlier; still feels like utter shit, heavy chest, says she feels like she's dying (her words), probably gonna be in the hospital for a few weeks (I fucking hope so).

She's the toughest person I know and she's terrified. Don't fuck about, look after yourselves. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Stouffer said:

If anyone is in any doubt what this can do to you I implore you to take the most stringent precautions.

Spoke to my Sis' earlier; still feels like utter shit, heavy chest, says she feels like she's dying (her words), probably gonna be in the hospital for a few weeks (I fucking hope so).

She's the toughest person I know and she's terrified. Don't fuck about, look after yourselves. 

Sending my best wishes mate 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

This fella bodied Alison Pearson the other week and he’s done it again with another one of the cranks. 

That’s just beautiful. It proves what I was saying all along, they have a pet theory, spout bollocks about it and when it’s proved wrong slide smoothly to another one with no consequences or question.  Cunts.  

Edit: Although the Steven Richards in that thread isn’t me! 

18 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Another 1038 deaths today. Taking us over 80000

Depressing isn’t it.

We hit 60k on 3rd December. Another 25% in 5 weeks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re at 100k by the end of the month.

Nobody wants to close schools but this 'pretend' closure is doing more harm than good with the expanded categories covering who can attend overly affecting poorer areas where pupils are less likely to have laptops, more likely to share bedrooms and have parents in lower level NHS / Care / shop assistant employment. It seems to have been half-arsedly implemdnted to basically allow the Tories to claim they 'closed' the xchools and blame the public if the lockdown doesnt work well enough.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Nobody wants to close schools but this 'pretend' closure is doing more harm than good with the expanded categories covering who can attend overly affecting poorer areas where pupils are less likely to have laptops, more likely to share bedrooms and have parents in lower level NHS / Care / shop assistant employment. It seems to have been half-arsedly implemdnted to basically allow the Tories to claim they 'closed' the xchools and blame the public if the lockdown doesnt work well enough.

It's the tip of the lockdown iceberg. One of my mates reckons that in London, a barber shop has been allowed to remain open because they started selling masks, soap and sanitiser, so they are classed as an essential business now!

• Upvote 1