You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

55 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Presumably kids of key workers? 

Basically the head and deputy head want (for whatever reason) to be seen as accepting as many kids as possible. So kids of key workers, kids they deem vulnerable, or - as per government guidance - if you feel the child can't do the work at home then they're allowed in.

A lot of the parents are of dubious employment (drug dealers, one is the wife of an actual bank robber). So my wife will have 18 kids in her class. Basically all the staff are in full time. Which means my wife is in full time. I'm working full time, so my kids are going to be in school full time. 

There is no lockdown, essentially. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Basically the head and deputy head want (for whatever reason) to be seen as accepting as many kids as possible. So kids of key workers, kids they deem vulnerable, or - as per government guidance - if you feel the child can't do the work at home then they're allowed in.

A lot of the parents are of dubious employment (drug dealers, one is the wife of an actual bank robber). So my wife will have 18 kids in her class. Basically all the staff are in full time. Which means my wife is in full time. I'm working full time, so my kids are going to be in school full time. 

Section 44 form.

Send this in and she will face no sanction as she believes the work place is unsafe and she would be able to fulfil her duties elsewhere, the school would have to accommodate this.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Does anyone know anyone who's ever been contacted by track and trace? I reckon they gave up on it completely fairly early on.

When the kids tested positive track and trace were in touch the next day and I'm fairly certain that they got in touch with the ex wife.

They said that there'd be follow up calls to check on welfare, that hasn't happened tho'.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Mrs only had three in her class, head has been pretty strict with the list and had to turn people away at the gates, which he was gutted doing.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It will depend on all kinds of different things. In the first lockdown, there were only 2 is in my lads class.

5 hours ago, skaro said:

My wife's mother died of cancer in July.

My wife and daughter got there with three days to spare to see her die.

And were then stuck in Ireland for three months trying to get home.

Meanwhile, my son and I were here on the other side of the world, in hard lockdown.

And I lost my job.

Do I win 5 pounds?

The fuck?!

You're never "stuck in Ireland". You're blessed to be there.

4 hours ago, Johnlj said:

We've just been told right now here in Denmark that the Pfizer vaccine can be stretched up to 42 days now. We werew supposed to all have the vaccine by week seven, but now they are saying summer to late summer. Our primeminister just hit us with even harder restrictions. Only one shopper per family. two meters distance in public. maximum of 5 together at one point. The British variant of this clusterfuck of a disease is really badass contagious. We just went into tier 5 which is the highest here.

They just said that over 60000 people where hit just today in England, is that correct ? 

Yup and 830 deaths

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I had several email from restaurants saying that they wouldn't question households.

I know they are struggling, but it is massively inappropriate to say you will act in defiance of regulations to protect public health.

I will now not eat at Hawksmoore, and a few others, because of it.

'We won’t be policing who is from which household (although if, for example, the whole Utd or City first XI walk in then I think we might have reasonable enough grounds for suspicion … in cases where there is a reasonable doubt that is clear to anyone please don’t be offended if we ask), that is the responsibility of people who have reservations, and we’ll be writing to them all with a reminder of the new rules.'

Bit harsh on them that. They’re not saying they don’t care, or “come in and keep your head down and we will turn a blind eye”, they’re saying they won’t ask every person as it’s not possible to ID every cunt, so come with your family and don’t take the piss out of the policy. It pretty much says “do the right thing and what you should be doing”. If it’s obvious, they will have to ask, so don’t be offended.

9 minutes ago, belarus said:

Bit harsh on them that. They’re not saying they don’t care, or “come in and keep your head down and we will turn a blind eye”, they’re saying they won’t ask every person as it’s not possible to ID every cunt, so come with your family and don’t take the piss out of the policy. It pretty much says “do the right thing and what you should be doing”. If it’s obvious, they will have to ask, so don’t be offended.

That's the way I read it to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, belarus said:

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

That's the way I read it to be honest. 

A little of the don't ask, don't tell.

Thought it was irresponsible, especially as cases were rising at the time and we find ourselves where we are now.

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ian lavery, Labour MP now promoting anti vaccine conspiracy theories. He should have the whip removed. Irresponsible wanker. 

Lavery said;

“I have got concerns about how these vaccines have … come on to the market when it would normally take 10 years and it’s … [taken] four month. It normally takes three or four years to pass through the regulatory procedures … it hasn’t taken three or four weeks. And of course I’ve got concerns, massive concerns, about this government and the lack of trust.”

You are being incredibly dramatic to suggest that he is promoting anti vaccine conspiracy theories!

A lot of people are concerned about the speed in which the vaccines have come to market. He needs to read up about it. 

7 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Went to the local Lidl earlier and the shelves were stripped bare of fruit & veg. Absolutely nothing

Wonder if that's a Brexit thing or a Covid thing? Never seen anything like it even in the good old days of last March

Sainsbury's in NI are stocking SPAR branded products in the fresh aisles.

Brexit got done!

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

To do what?

You get the choice of volunteer jobs, from actually giving the injections to helping out at the vaccination centre giving advice and making sure that the nanobots are activated and the mind control functionality is working.  

Ive gone for injecting people.  

• Upvote 1