You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Covid rates are dropping all the time in india.. 25 to 30 died the other week protesting in the cold.... Their government are just using covid to fuck them over... but obviously the numbers could be skewed by their corrupt government.. I wouldn't stand back and let the cunts take my living... covid or not... 

I don't really know whats going on in India but I think anyone out protesting in bog crowds in this country is a selfish cunt and I wouldn't be arsed if they dropped dead. The impact of one get together of thousands could potentially down the line kill thousands of people who weren't there. Thats what viruses like this do, its how they spread, its how they work. It's really not that hard to not get involved in it. 

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Literally nobody is saying that, as you probably know. 

It’s schrodingers heart disease, if you’ve got it and die due to Covid it doesn’t matter, but if you have it and don’t know yet because of Covid it’s important.  

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

because a few pages back you wanted people shot for protesting in a global pandemic.

I do. Thats not changed. We agree that protesting over 5G masts and Indian Farmers livelihoods are not comparable. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

One for the "they would've been dead in a few years anyway" rabble. 

1. ON AVERAGE, EACH PERSON IN THE U.S. WHO HAS DIED FROM COVID-19 WAS DEPRIVED OF ABOUT 13 YEARS OF LIFE.

This estimate, computed by Harvard’s Stephen Elledge, compares the age at which people died from COVID-19 with how long they likely would have lived according to projections from the Social Security Administration.

The 13-year average includes both people who died not long before they would have been otherwise expected to and people who died much earlier than that. A lot of relatively young people lost a lot of time: People under the age of 65, Elledge estimates, account for 45 percent of the total unlived years.

“When people talk about deaths from COVID-19, they say, ‘Well, they were old. They were going to die anyway,’” Elledge told me. “But people don’t appreciate the fact that even if you’re 70 or 75, you may still have 10 to 15 years of life left. And they also don’t appreciate, with the deaths of younger people, that it’s a huge loss of life, sometimes 40 years.”

Read: What young, healthy people have to fear from COVID-19

Elledge’s analysis covers COVID-19 deaths through early October; by then, Americans had collectively lost about 2.5 million years of life. Three months later, he estimates, the total is probably about 4.5 million.

Yeah underlying conditions include things like asthma and diabetes. Now I know a few people with asthma but generally don't think they're due to shuffle off this mortal coil soon

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Wife (primary teacher) has been told she (and all staff) will be in full time with about 15 kids per class. 

What lockdown? 

Presumably kids of key workers? 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

60,000 plus new cases today. 

And 830 deaths. 

And loony liberals just want to act like nothing is happening. They're a deranged death cult. 

There's still something suss about these case numbers.   The 50,000 barrier has been lingering a while, you'd expect it to rocket from there. 

4 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

You arrest the fuckers, deny them bail until the trial and fine them. See how they feel after 12 weeks pissing in a bucket in Belmarsh and a £1,000 fine. God I’m turning into a daily mail leader writer but this self centred thoughtlessness is really pissing me off now. 

Where are you getting all these Thin Lizzy's from to do all this?

Does anyone know anyone who's ever been contacted by track and trace? I reckon they gave up on it completely fairly early on.

I still don't buy a lot of this "new variant" business as being the main driver of these cases, as some prof was saying on the news earlier, even if it's more contagious you've still got to be near people to catch it, unless people are going around grogging on folks from 50 feet.

The main  driver for this is, as usual, Johnson. The messaging of mixing for Christmas coupled with vaccines on the way made people think the worst was over, people went Christmas shopping, ate, drank and made merry.

I went to a shopping centre in the run up to Christmas and it took me about a full minute to see a gap in the crowds of people in front of me so I could make it from one shop window to the next, I'm not shitting. It was as busy as I've ever seen a Christmas shopping day.

Roads are heaving too, just been to pick the Mrs up and they're still having. Fuck knows where everyone is going but it hasn't been like March since, erm, March.

I personally think masks have caused problems too. They've been touted as a panacea by shops and a get out of jail free card for not socially distancing.

During the first lockdown you had to queue at the supermarket, it was a pain in the arse but when you got jn there there was only about 20 people. They used to sterilise the shopping trolleys too.

Now they let every fucker in, but it's okay because they're wearing masks. 

So much of the "measures' are lip service, and have been for some time. 

Go the pub and buy a scotch egg so you can have an all night bender, sit there with your mates who look like Jackie Chan and the cast of the Cosby Show and tell the waiter you're all from the same household, nudge nudge and indeed, wink wink.

None of what is happening now is a surprise, people were talking about it unfolding exactly like this way back in March.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahahaha good the fucking twats 

It's not good though.

It's yet again a large Silicon Valley corporation deciding what can and can't said and making this all very 1984.

Regardless of wether we agree with the likes of that cunt JHB and the likes, they still have a right to shave a platform to say what they are saying. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Does anyone know anyone who's ever been contacted by track and trace? I reckon they gave up on it completely fairly early on.

I still don't buy a lot of this "new variant" business as being the main driver of these cases, as some prof was saying on the news earlier, even if it's more contagious you've still got to be near people to catch it, unless people are going around grogging on folks from 50 feet.

The main  driver for this is, as usual, Johnson. The messaging of mixing for Christmas coupled with vaccines on the way made people think the worst was over, people went Christmas shopping, ate, drank and made merry.

I went to a shopping centre in the run up to Christmas and it took me about a full minute to see a gap in the crowds of people in front of me so I could make it from one shop window to the next, I'm not shitting. It was as busy as I've ever seen a Christmas shopping day.

Roads are heaving too, just been to pick the Mrs up and they're still having. Fuck knows where everyone is going but it hasn't been like March since, erm, March.

I personally think masks have caused problems too. They've been touted as a panacea by shops and a get out of jail free card for not socially distancing.

During the first lockdown you had to queue at the supermarket, it was a pain in the arse but when you got jn there there was only about 20 people. They used to sterilise the shopping trolleys too.

Now they let every fucker in, but it's okay because they're wearing masks. 

So much of the "measures' are lip service, and have been for some time. 

Go the pub and buy a scotch egg so you can have an all night bender, sit there with your mates who look like Jackie Chan and the cast of the Cosby Show and tell the waiter you're all from the same household, nudge nudge and indeed, wink wink.

None of what is happening now is a surprise, people were talking about it unfolding exactly like this way back in March.

I had several email from restaurants saying that they wouldn't question households.

I know they are struggling, but it is massively inappropriate to say you will act in defiance of regulations to protect public health.

I will now not eat at Hawksmoore, and a few others, because of it.

'We won’t be policing who is from which household (although if, for example, the whole Utd or City first XI walk in then I think we might have reasonable enough grounds for suspicion … in cases where there is a reasonable doubt that is clear to anyone please don’t be offended if we ask), that is the responsibility of people who have reservations, and we’ll be writing to them all with a reminder of the new rules.'

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It's not good though.

It's yet again a large Silicon Valley corporation deciding what can and can't said and making this all very 1984.

Regardless of wether we agree with the likes of that cunt JHB and the likes, they still have a right to shave a platform to say what they are saying. 

Nah I strongly disagree. It's their software. If you owned your own newspaper and you thoght someone was spouting shit in an article or letter, you'd have every right not to publish it.

She can start her own blog if she wants. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It's not good though.

They've got their own website. They've still got a platform. Just not the one which they accepted the terms of use of when signing up and then got kicked off for breaching said terms of use. 

Fuck them. It's their own fault. 

8 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I bet JHB shaves with an orbital sander 

Plus, anything that reduces the audience for that s*n Dan wooton cunt is fine by me.