You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The schooling bothers me not just in politics but right across the board in this country. Id smash the system to fucking bits. My working class mate through graft, intelligence became on officer in the army he went to that posh fucking place cant remember what its called, he was the only non public school boy and was treated like a fucking chimp, despite being head and shoulders amongst most his colleagues he was bypassed for promotion time after time for Tarquin or some other twat and ended up leaving because of it. These fuckers have the entire country wrapped up in every sector and they do see the rest of us as the plebs, the workers ants there as tools to be used to improve their lot. Fuck them and their rigged school system and hierarchy.

And yet my uncle joined the army and after some years went for his commission. Wasn't overlooked for promotion and did quite well. A fellow military cop I worked with also went for his commission and rose through the officer ranks too. Neither had a private school education. 

I've worked with and known many officers that didn't have private school educations, they were some of the best officers around and while they 'may' have been overlooked for the very highest ranks (I have no evidence of this) they were definitely not overlooked for promotion in my experience serving in the armed forces. 

You served then Bobby?

57 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Can't blame Vader, he's been dead 38 years this year. 

I meant Big Van Vader of wrestling fame mate but just seen he died in 2018. 

Probably died in the lab he was inventing Covid-19 in. 

tumblr_m5k7x9Es8b1rxlf3go1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, _______________ said:

And yet my uncle joined the army and after some years went for his commission. Wasn't overlooked for promotion and did quite well. A fellow military cop I worked with also went for his commission and rose through the officer ranks too. Neither had a private school education. 

I've worked with and known many officers that didn't have private school educations, they were some of the best officers around and while they 'may' have been overlooked for the very highest ranks (I have no evidence of this) they were definitely not overlooked for promotion in my experience serving in the armed forces. 

You served then Bobby?

Jack Reacher over here. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

This is what was getting my back up in the early days of Starmer's run. 

"Sir Keir Starmer, champion of the establishment" who'd actually gone to a state school, unlike Corbyn, Milne and Lansman. 

"Salford Lass" RLB who'd been a Frodsham lawyer whose company had worked on the PFI selloff of hospital estates. 

None of this bothers me personally, I don't care where people went to school (Benn and Atlee were both high born) but don't lob dogshit at people when your champion isn't exactly council estate material either. 

She's got a reet northern accent though, so she's thick as fuck and doesn't know about the economy.  

Until 'the north' unites in numbers behind someone like RLB or whoever else, then northerners will be second class political figures.  

That goes for anyone with a 'silly accent'.  Be that Ian Blackford or Andy Burnham or anyone.  For southern political luvvies, for the media, and for party members during leadership battles, if you aren't a white Home Counties-sounding boomer then you're just not a serious and balanced person in their eyes.  

Please don't shoot the messenger.  

15 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

She's got a reet northern accent though, so she's thick as fuck and doesn't know about the economy.  

Until 'the north' unites in numbers behind someone like RLB or whoever else, then northerners will be second class political figures.  

That goes for anyone with a 'silly accent'.  Be that Ian Blackford or Andy Burnham or anyone.  For southern political luvvies, for the media, and for party members during leadership battles, if you aren't a white Home Counties-sounding boomer then you're just not a serious and balanced person in their eyes.  

Please don't shoot the messenger.  

You mean like that toff Angela Raynor who is deputy leader and the current leader who was state school educated, unlike his predecessor...

33 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Full lockdown for the Scots for the whole of January.

Make total sense, I'd do it here until March to be honest. I don't think anyone would be that arsed now that vaccines are a go. Let's go big but make it the last fucking one, then when it's over we all get our dicks wet. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah he's been sniffing around for ages. Wankers on twitter obviously using it against starmer, somehow.

Aye he's an opportunistic toerag, all in on the party line of tearing the NHS to bits when he was health secretary but then emerges from backbench obscurity singing about protecting it when people are applauding it on their doorsteps.

I've no doubt he'll be put forward as the One Nation 'moderate' the second Johnson has fulfilled his purpose of getting the Red Wall onside with a culture war, rebadging a worse version of Theresa May's deal with some bluster now that he's managed to stall and exhaust all other options (which impresses gammon twats whose experience of negotiating comes down to getting 50% off a metallic paint job on their Cavalier) and 'delivered' Brexit, and then been the fall-guy in the inevitable post-Covid inquiry (which will allow them to parrot how accountable they are when all it will amount to is "Boris got Covid and lost his nerve and therefore all faulty decision-making rests with that).

They'll proudly put forward Jeremy "Champion of the NHS and Schoolchildren" Hunt forward as the sensible candidate and a New Era can begin. And people will fall for it and he'll get on with the usual mandate of slash and burn whilst the next leader emerges untainted by association.

Fucking xenomorphs.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Aye he's an opportunistic toerag, all in on the party line of tearing the NHS to bits when he was health secretary but then emerges from backbench obscurity singing about protecting it when people are applauding it on their doorsteps.

I've no doubt he'll be put forward as the One Nation 'moderate' the second Johnson has fulfilled his purpose of getting the Red Wall onside with a culture war, rebadging a worse version of Theresa May's deal with some bluster now that he's managed to stall and exhaust all other options (which impresses gammon twats whose experience of negotiating comes down to getting 50% off a metallic paint job on their Cavalier) and 'delivered' Brexit, and then been the fall-guy in the inevitable post-Covid inquiry (which will allow them to parrot how accountable they are when all it will amount to is "Boris got Covid and lost his nerve and therefore all faulty decision-making rests with that).

They'll proudly put forward Jeremy "Champion of the NHS and Schoolchildren" Hunt forward as the sensible candidate and a New Era can begin. And people will fall for it and he'll get on with the usual mandate of slash and burn whilst the next leader emerges untainted by association.

Fucking xenomorphs.

Wouldn't mind but the shitbag was warned in 2016 when they war-gamed a pandemic that we'd be fucked and he did nothing about it because he didn't want to spend any money. 

Sick of people trotting out one-liners by people like him, John Major and Heseltine just because they say something that's easy to say now they're either retired, or outside the inner circle. Once they're back in the circle they'll be  toeing the line again, just like Hammond now is that he's got a cushy seat in the Lords.

The Tory party is a political and moral bacillus, anyone associated with them can get fucked. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Peston has leaked.

National lockdown, no indoor sports, schools closed. 

If I am right, Scotland are free to make a full lockdown decision because ultimately they don't pay for it. That's not me saying I don't agree with the lockdown, I do. There's an argument that free from the thoughts of cost you can do what is best for your people. 

What it looks like Johnson is going to announce is Tier 5, just calling it tier 4 because apparently it matters somehow. 

I am sure that within a week or less Johnson will have flip flopped again and we'll be in full lockdown. 

If Peston's tweet is correct then I don't need to watch Johnson at 8pm, I'm an adult and I get that further measures are necessary. But I don't think it goes far enough.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Peston has leaked.

National lockdown, no indoor sports, schools closed. 

Been having a back and forth with my missus all day about whether or not we should send Turdsette to school tomorrow. One of my missus mates is a TA in her class and we’ve been asking her what she thinks. She’s being a bit cryptic and saying she’d recommend her staying at home. I want her to go to school. 

Apparently they’d assumed my girl would be one of the kids that wouldn’t show up anyway. I had no clue why the fuck they’d think that but apparently one of the teachers in their sister school has the same shithouse dog aids as me and won’t be returning for the foreseeable. 

We pulled them all out last time a couple of days before the decision came to close the schools. Maybe they’ll take the decision out of my hands this time.