You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I've spent the entire Christmas period on my todd, my family would all be highly at risk and one of the regular carers family had symptoms so also had to stay away. Not the Christmas any of my family would have wanted but if we all come out the other side of it without incident it will be worth it.

I've done fuck all myself. Current advice is not to book any travel until at least mid March. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Not quite. I don’t think anyone thinks should be compulsory. Just consequences if you don’t have it. 

Ah right, I'm just trying to understand why he is so upset. I thought it was because he thought some people think it should be compulsory

So, he actually thinks that if he chooses not to have it he should be able to visit wherever he likes with no restrictions.

Its ever so confusing, perhaps he can clarify

The UK has reported 53,135 new cases of Covid-19 today - the largest figure since the beginning of the pandemic.

There were also 414 deaths reported within 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test result. Yesterday, that figure was 357.

Today’s figure tops the previous highest figure of 41,385, recorded yesterday.

Hospitals in England are now treating more patients than during the peak of the first wave of coronavirus infections in early April.

Over 21,700 hospital beds in England are currently occupied by patients with Covid-19 - 1,600 of whom are using ventilators.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40198332.html

some very sobering numbers. 

1 hour ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

The 68 one flattened out by end of 69 beginning 70, 18-19 was 25 odd million

It's pretty difficult comparing 68, so to bring 18-19 into it when we didn't have a world that made any effort to cooperate or the technology or medicine to help it do so, is a bit daft. You are trying through this thread to compare this year's covid crisis with flu. You've had to go back over 50 years to find one which is remotely comparable. Next you'll be going back to the black death. If makes you feel better to shrug your shoulders and pretend it's no different to anything else, good for you. The rest of the world is dealing with the reality of the 1st major pandemic of the modern global world. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/29/europe/spain-vaccine-covid-registry-intl/index.html

Spain will keep a register of those who refuse the coronavirus vaccine

Madrid (CNN)People in Spain who decline to be vaccinated against coronavirus will be listed in a new register that will be shared with other European Union nations, Spanish Health Minister Salvador Illa has said. 

"What will be done is a registry ... of those people who have been offered it and simply rejected it," Illa told Spain's La Sexta TV channel. 

Illa said Covid-19 vaccinations would not be made compulsory, and stressed that the information in the register would not be made public, in line with Spain's data protection laws.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean from day one, you had every scientist worth their salt say Covid was not the flu, and a year later, you've still got numpties putting up graphs of yearly flu deaths and talking about flu pandemics. Actually beggars belief. 

Some people refuse to accept (aren't man enough to accept) they are wrong. So fucking massively wrong. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean from day one, you had every scientist worth their salt say Covid was not the flu, and a year later, you've still got numpties putting up graphs of yearly flu deaths and talking about flu pandemics. Actually beggars belief. 

They were all in on Karol Sikora (sp) for

months. He was proved wrong and they just move on to another ‘expert’ with no skin in the game. 

Saw something on Twitter earlier, it was a ‘registered neuropath’ saying she’d walked round a hospital and it was empty. Got loads of traction. Then a woman who had a relative in the same hospital, with Covid, saying it was fucking rammed. Nothing.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Saw something on Twitter earlier, it was a ‘registered neuropath’ saying she’d walked round a hospital and it was empty. Got loads of traction. Then a woman who had a relative in the same hospital, with Covid, saying it was fucking rammed. Nothing.  

Yep silence seems to be the go to place for lying shit-bags when proven wrong. 

There are important lessons to be learned though. Worldwide this is patently untrue:

The 68 one flattened out by end of 69 beginning 70

The second wave ran through until the end of the summer of 1970 for most of the world then in Australia for another 6 months and for everywhere but the US was worse. The vaccine was introduced in July of 69 so it took about 16 months to become effective worldwide.

Most important lesson, and similar to the 1918 tragedy, the second wave was far worse worldwide than the first.

Also no one had immunity from 57 as it was a completely different strain ( I think the first to combine avian and human strains)  - that said no mitigation was implemented so it basically ran unimpeded the entire time.

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They were all in on Karol Sikora (sp) for

months. He was proved wrong and they just move on to another ‘expert’ with no skin in the game. 

It's exactly what Section said earlier. Certain types of people have an opinion on something and then search for any old shite that backs up their argument instead of looking through all the evidence and coming to a logical conclusion.

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

It's exactly what Section said earlier. Certain types of people have an opinion on something and then search for any old shite that backs up their argument instead of looking through all the evidence and coming to a logical conclusion.

Or just make things up. 

2 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Nowhere have I stated it is the same as Flu you fucking cunt, it is a virus that has similarities to Flu though and the last Pandemic was Flu.. fucking hell 

What has started this little hissy fit? I thought it was about compulsory vaccines?

4 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Nowhere have I stated it is the same as Flu you fucking cunt, it is a virus that has similarities to Flu though and the last Pandemic was Flu.. fucking hell 

Pipe down. It's a different kind of virus, it's more virulent, more infectious, and as of right now, has a more effective vaccine than the flu. If you want to avoid looking like an idiot, and getting mad when people disprove what you say, stop talking shite. It's simple. 

One thing that will come out of all this when it’s done is probably the first data set of people who were deniers, conspiracy theory believers, starters etc. 

It’ll be amazing to see the shite that was swallowed by people who were willing to believe any old shit to be seen as ‘important’ or simply ‘right’. I know there’s been some research on why people believe conspiracy theories but this will be amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

the 57 flu mutated or went through antigenic shift to the new type (H2 to H3) so some were immune just like now you can be immune in correlation to when you were born and the type about that year 

What’s your background Istvan? Sounds like you are a scientist of some kind.