Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would consider vaccination against a disease to be an infringement on their civil liberties. 

 

If we're gonna put this virus back in its box there's no point most of us being inoculated while there's sweaty simpletons wandering the streets incubating new mutant strains. We should go after them with Nerf guns with Oxford vaccine in the darts, Logan's Run style.

 

Special cases can be strapped to a special dart board and we can make a new version of bullseye out of them. Karen from accounts who spends too much time on Facebook gets a dart between the tits and the winner gets a caravan. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

her brother is a paramedic and has got loads of the testing kits and solutions. Despite us already having had it a few months ago she got a test on xmas morning. Negative. Thought it would be but both of us still feel like shit. My chest is in bits

My ailment today is a tight chest. Seems to be something new every day. This chest one though, had me stressed since about 5am.

 

Either that or I'm having a heart attack as well as having Covid, which would be some bad luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elite said:

How much are the tests? No doubt the company's involved have links with members of the Tory party.

I got the Randox test by Liverpool airport. 120 fucking quid. All that money for bad fucking news! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would consider vaccination against a disease to be an infringement on their civil liberties. 

 

If we're gonna put this virus back in its box there's no point most of us being inoculated while there's sweaty simpletons wandering the streets incubating new mutant strains. We should go after them with Nerf guns with Oxford vaccine in the darts, Logan's Run style.

 

Special cases can be strapped to a special dart board and we can make a new version of bullseye out of them. Karen from accounts who spends too much time on Facebook gets a dart between the tits and the winner gets a caravan. 

So, these millions of people who wont have access to the vaccine I mentioned. How's that problem going to be solved ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

Would this fall under a normal private healthcare plan do you know? Would be pretty decent, get private through work but never used it so would be a decent perk.

I've got the same, but there's a £100 or so excess on the policy, so it's probably not exactly a perk.

 

Plus private's pretty shite, I used it at my GP's recommendation to see a consultant within 3 months when there was a 2.5 year waiting list here (to see the same fucking bloke, maybe if he'd spent more time seeing NHS patients, there wouldn't have been such a waiting list). It's pretty much the same as the NHS except not as brusque and it turned into a Kafka-esque nightmare when the insurers decided they didn't cover me and I had to go back into the NHS system. I'd been to three different private hospitals and none of them had proper IT, so my records were scattered around on paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ex bread knife rang before to say her partner has tested positive. I picked the kids up from her yesterday and the youngest is feeling a bit unwell (washed out, sore throat and a bit of a cough) so I'd say Mr Virus in now firmly in the house.

 

Tests for all booked for tomorrow. 

 

Arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stouffer said:

Ex bread knife rang before to say her partner has tested positive. I picked the kids up from her yesterday and the youngest is feeling a bit unwell (washed out, sore throat and a bit of a cough) so I'd say Mr Virus in now firmly in the house.

 

Tests for all booked for tomorrow. 

 

Arse.

Good luck pal

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

So, these millions of people who wont have access to the vaccine I mentioned. How's that problem going to be solved ? 

You don’t have to inoculate the whole population to achieve (if it’s even achievable) herd immunity. Estimations I’ve seen range from 70-90% of the population. This new strain may push up the percentage needed to achieve this according to some things I’ve read. 
 

So let’s say for arguments sake we need to inoculate 75% then the people you are taking about would obviously fall into the 25% that don’t receive a vaccination and providing the take up from everyone else is high that shouldn’t be a problem. 
 

The issue will be if the take up is low from the registered population. The vaccine is not going to eradicate Covid but the hope is it gets it down to acceptable levels we can live with, maybe like a flu season. But there will still be outbreaks here and there. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d recommend people buy a fingertip pulse oximeter if they’re worried. You can get one for less than £20 on Amazon. 
 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

You don’t have to inoculate the whole population to achieve (if it’s even achievable) herd immunity. Estimations I’ve seen range from 70-90% of the population. This new strain may push up the percentage needed to achieve this according to some things I’ve read. 
 

So let’s say for arguments sake we need to inoculate 75% then the people you are taking about would obviously fall into the 25% that don’t receive a vaccination and providing the take up from everyone else is high that shouldn’t be a problem. 
 

The issue will be if the take up is low from the registered population. The vaccine is not going to eradicate Covid but the hope is it gets it down to acceptable levels we can live with, maybe like a flu season. But there will still be outbreaks here and there. 

But lots of people can’t have the vaccine, kids, pregnant women, immunosuppressed etc etc. Being stupid doesn’t fall into any of those categories. 
 

Im generally against lists but this is a list of people who’ve decided to opt out. Fuck em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

You don’t have to inoculate the whole population to achieve (if it’s even achievable) herd immunity. Estimations I’ve seen range from 70-90% of the population. This new strain may push up the percentage needed to achieve this according to some things I’ve read. 
 

So let’s say for arguments sake we need to inoculate 75% then the people you are taking about would obviously fall into the 25% that don’t receive a vaccination and providing the take up from everyone else is high that shouldn’t be a problem. 
 

The issue will be if the take up is low from the registered population. The vaccine is not going to eradicate Covid but the hope is it gets it down to acceptable levels we can live with, maybe like a flu season. But there will still be outbreaks here and there. 

Thank you for the well reasoned reply.

 

To clarify, I'm far from an anti vaxer. I'm just a little uncomfortable with the labeling/taging/listing of people who for whatever their reasons, decide not to get the jab.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But lots of people can’t have the vaccine, kids, pregnant women, immunosuppressed etc etc. Being stupid doesn’t fall into any of those categories. 
 

Im generally against lists but this is a list of people who’ve decided to opt out. Fuck em

Yeah I agree everyone who is offered one should absolutely get it, but we all know how this is going to go in this country. They’ll probably give the most vulnerable one dose then start to open everything up again well too soon and we’ll be back in the shit. It’s how they’ve dealt with everything since this started. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah I agree everyone who is offered one should absolutely get it, but we all know how this is going to go in this country. They’ll probably give the most vulnerable one dose then start to open everything up again well too soon and we’ll be back in the shit. It’s how they’ve dealt with everything since this started. 

Oh I’m with you, I know a bloke who had to phone a mate to ask how to make ice and I’m sure he’d have managed this better than our government.  But we can’t let some idiot who’s watched a Facebook video by Piers Corbyn dictate whether a cancer sufferer can go to school. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Portugal numbers are weirdly low, especially as they are right next to Spain. 

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11673-020-10058-z

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/10/portugal-election-progressives-left-winning/599518/

 

Tl;dr - They have a competent left wing government.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But lots of people can’t have the vaccine, kids, pregnant women, immunosuppressed etc etc. Being stupid doesn’t fall into any of those categories. 
 

Im generally against lists but this is a list of people who’ve decided to opt out. Fuck em

Yep. It allows sovereign nations to make decisions to potentially stop the virus spreading through their country. If people decide to not do their bit because of "Bill Gates" then nations should reserve the right to shun these people and instead act in a way that benefits those who were prepared to do their bit and to try and help with the fight against a global pandemic. 

 

Hypothetically, if a country gets a grip of their own covid numbers and they have information to say that a person is coming from a country where a new, highly infectious variant is taking hold and somebody from that country has refused a vaccine, then they should have the right to decide if they want to allow that person to enter based on public health considerations. 

 

And, it's a private list. All this talk of bells and yellow stars is exaggerated, hysterical bellendery. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Yep. It allows sovereign nations to make decisions to potentially stop the virus spreading through their country. If people decide to not do their bit because of "Bill Gates" then nations should reserve the right to shun these people and instead act in a way that benefits those who were prepared to do their bit and to try and help with the fight against a global pandemic. 

 

Hypothetically, if a country gets a grip of their own covid numbers and they have information to say that a person is coming from a country where a new, highly infectious variant is taking hold and somebody from that country has refused a vaccine, then they should have the right to decide if they want to allow that person to enter based on public health considerations. 

 

And, it's a private list. All this talk of bells and yellow stars is exaggerated, hysterical bellendery. 

It won’t remain private...but I agree on the rest. 
 

We’ve got a book of all Izzy’s inoculations, I wouldn’t have an issue proving she’d had them in order for her to attend school etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would consider vaccination against a disease to be an infringement on their civil liberties.

 

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would think it's not an infringement of civil liberties.

 

The point is whether that infringement is justified in the name of some greater good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Is the Swedish government left wing AND competent?

The people of Sweden seem to think so. They have a level of confidence that we would dream of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would think it's not an infringement of civil liberties.

 

The point is whether that infringement is justified in the name of some greater good.

You can decide not to have it, go for your life. But that has consequences. 
 

You can go on the piss all you want, but it means you can’t drive, go to work etc etc etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would think it's not an infringement of civil liberties.

 

The point is whether that infringement is justified in the name of some greater good.

Personally I think it is justified, this virus is so dangerous, it has to be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would think it's not an infringement of civil liberties.

 

The point is whether that infringement is justified in the name of some greater good.

Are drug dealers having their civil liberties infringed when police smash through their doors? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Are drug dealers having their civil liberties infringed when police smash through their doors? 

 

Prohibition of drugs is an enormous infringement of the rights of everyone involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×