You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You've surely read enough of my posts over the years to know the answer to that.

I am not an anti-vaxxer.

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

At no point have I "complained about a fucking vaccination". Either now or in the past.

Is English not your first language, or are you just extremely dense?

The rest of it is utter nonsense too, but I'm far too busy recklessly not contracting or spreading a disease to waste my time with it.

Here you are, complaining about a vaccination. It's a screenshot in case you have difficulty.

image.png

You probably should read the rest of my post. You clearly have, but your inflated sense of self importance can't take it. To summarise- you're nowhere near as clever as you think you are, and you're pretty horrible.

You're a Karen.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mudface said:

Here you are, complaining about a vaccination. It's a screenshot in case you have difficulty.

image.png

You probably should read the rest of my post. You clearly have, but your inflated sense of self importance can't take it. To summarise- you're nowhere near as clever as you think you are, and you're pretty horrible.

You're a Karen.

What part of that is a complaint?

You are genuinely mental.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

For you and anyone else too dense to understand simple English

YES

Feels good to get off the fence doesn't it.

For the record I agree that a "forced" vaxx is certainly an infringement for some people. If there are restrictions put in place re: travel, entrance into establishments, participation in schooling or employment and you accept and abide by those restrictions - that is (and should be) a personal choice.

Gonna get real sticky if they are keeping lists or stopping folks on the street you can be sure.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Feels good to get off the fence doesn't it.

For the record I agree that a "forced" vaxx is certainly an infringement. If there are restrictions put in place re: travel, entrance into establishments, participation in public schooling or employment and you accept and abide by those - that is (and should be) a personal choice.

I've never been on the fence about vaccines:

On 27/08/2014 at 19:48, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you insist on remaining agnostic about vaccine safety, then just consider the mathematics: hundreds of millions of lives have been saved, and continue to be saved, by vaccines.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you at least are able to appreciate the nuance in what I wrote about mandatory vaccines being an infringement of liberties without seeing that simple statement of fact as a complaint about vaccines.

23 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've never been on the fence about vaccines:

Nevertheless, I'm glad you at least are able to appreciate the nuance in what I wrote about mandatory vaccines being an infringement of liberties without seeing that simple statement of fact as a complaint about vaccines.

You also stated that keeping drugs away from people was an infringement of liberties too. If someone chooses to sell drugs, they should be aware of the potential consequences. Which explains why they will do anything to avoid being caught. They are the ones infringing on people's liberties, nobody is forcing them to sell drugs.

People who choose not to take a vaccine designed to protect them from harm should also be made aware of the consequences of their choices as surely people's civil liberties will be at risk by those making that choice.

It's an impossible situation to manage anyway as even having lists available would most likely be pointless anyway as the numbers would be off the charts on both sides of the database.

Protection of others has been the main priority for the last 9 months. Now with the vaccine the priority should become to protect yourself.

As @Strontium Dog™ is on the yes side, that should be the most important thing to move on from.

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Russian officials acknowledged on Monday that the nation's COVID-19 death toll is in fact more than three times what had been previously reported, after months of President Putin holding up the supposedly low fatality rate as a marker of the country’s success in battling the pandemic.

giphy.gif

So the real number could be anything above three times as many? Dominic Cummings' influence shining through.

The problem with the anti vaccination thing is that it rarely if ever comes from a sane position that can be reasoned with. You could sit these people down with boffins for a presentation and they'd still believe they were lying.

This is the untold damage the likes of Trump, YouTube wankers and grifters have done to society.

I don't remember anyone not having their BCG when I was in school, and if their parents claimed they suspected it was being used to implant a homing beacon in their kid's arm, social workers and mental health professionals would have rightfully been called forthwith.

This is how far we've fallen, we quite frankly indulge, tolerate and even encourage far too much of this shit from dickheads, attention seekers and morons. 

• Upvote 13

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

The problem with the anti vaccination thing is that it rarely if ever comes from a sane position that can be reasoned with. You could sit these people down with boffins for a presentation and they'd still believe they were lying.

This is the untold damage the likes of Trump, YouTube wankers and grifters have done to society.

I don't remember anyone not having their BCG when I was in school, and if their parents claimed that suspected it was being used to implant a homing beacon in their kid's arm, mental health professionals would have rightfully been called forthwith.

This is how far we've fallen, we quite frankly indulge, tolerate and even encourage far too much of this shit from dickheads, attention seekers and morons. 

The amount of harm Wakefield did is incredible. Just a grifter who must be responsible for deaths but is a millionaire shagging Elle McPherson. 

52 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't remember anyone not having their BCG when I was in school, and if their parents claimed they suspected it was being used to implant a homing beacon in their kid's arm, social workers and mental health professionals would have rightfully been called forthwith.

Great post. 

I have a mate who has turned into one of these dickheads. He really pissed me off over the last few weeks. He likes a drink and his favourite tipple is Heineken, so I've started commenting on every one of his photos where he is drinking one with "Heineken causes Penis Shrinkage", and backing up my statement with the assertion that you don't need any evidence these days. If he and people like him can say what they want about Covid19 and vaccines without evidence, then I can reverse that play and say "Heineken Causes Penis Shrinkage" with the aim of getting into his and others' thick heads. 

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Great post. 

I have a mate who has turned into one of these dickheads. He really pissed me off over the last few weeks. He likes a drink and his favourite tipple is Heineken, so I've started commenting on every one of his photos where he is drinking one with "Heineken causes Penis Shrinkage", and backing up my statement with the assertion that you don't need any evidence these days. If he and people like him can say what they want about Covid19 and vaccines without evidence, then I can reverse that play and say "Heineken Causes Penis Shrinkage" with the aim of getting into his and others' thick heads. 

You are close, it’s actually Peroni and I’m happy to supply pics if you want.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

What about those that are treated like drug dealers without dealing drugs? I agree with Stronts and that's rare but prohibition is utterly disgraceful but a big money maker for those involved. How many here have the Flu vaccines each year? I've no problem with this vaccine but do have issue if it is made compulsory.

I don't think it should be made compulsory, as in forcibly jabbing someone (jokes aside) but pubs, airports etc and possibly even schools have every right to treat you as a potential health risk if you've not had one. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

What about those that are treated like drug dealers without dealing drugs? I agree with Stronts and that's rare but prohibition is utterly disgraceful but a big money maker for those involved. How many here have the Flu vaccines each year? I've no problem with this vaccine but do have issue if it is made compulsory.

It wouldn’t be compulsory, but you’d lose the right to certain things by not having it.  

Like you don’t need a driving licence to drive on your own land, but to use the roads you need to have passed the relevant test.  That’s not controversial.  

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I know some on here seemed to have had it, I think she has now and hasn't eaten for a few days with also the symptoms. 

Though I've read for the most part you should treat as the flu and take flu medication I was just wondering how long it lasted for those that had it? 

I told her to think about not going to her daughters for Xmas day for fucksake. 

I think it’s different for everyone. I was lucky in that I had a minor sniffle and none of the recognised symptoms and was good to go after my ten days. Stig had it moderately badly (by CD’s standards) but still has lasting effects. CD was really bad. Elite had it really badly and still has after effects.

1 minute ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Yet we don't do this for Pneumonia or influenza? does that seem odd? from this years stats they are more deadly-

so surely from that data those with underlying illnesses and those that are old should have the vaccine for covid for their protection, just seems very odd that people are wanting rules that you need a vaccine to do certain things yet with another virus you don't want these rules? 

I thought we were past the ‘flu’ argument about 8 months ago. This is much more virulent than either flu or pneumonia, and that’s why we need everyone to have the vaccine and stop being cunts about it. 

When the EU, USA and a few other countries mandate it for travel all the people whining about their civil liberties will roll up their sleeve to get jabbed in case they can’t see Mickey fucking Mouse. 

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think it’s different for everyone. I was lucky in that I had a minor sniffle and none of the recognised symptoms and was good to go after my ten days. Stig had it moderately badly (by CD’s standards) but still has lasting effects. CD was really bad. Elite had it really badly and still has after effects.

Yes, she's not to good, like a bad dose of flu but no temperature she said, she won't phone 111 though for advice saying, what can they do except tell you to stay in and isolate, like talking to a brickwall sometimes but hopefully it'll pass over. I asked her to come to mine for the duration but she can't exactly do that as I'd be at risk, fuck all I can do. 

I've had a snotty nose myself and like a head cold with a mild headache, but hopefully that's down to falling over bevvied at home and splitting my head open on Xmas eve, stitched up Xmas day, a Christmas cracker if you like.