You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 24/12/2020 at 12:15, Carvalho Diablo said:

Try sleeping flat on your belly with your head looking to the side. Apparently that exposes the lungs and gives them maximum available area to take breaths.

I also repeat the advice my physio drummed into me; plan, take your time, sleep, take time to catch your breath. All simple stuff but all incredibly pertinent when you're completely shattered after getting a shower or shave.

Take it easy mate, seriously, look after yourselves.

How are you doing now, CD?

On 24/12/2020 at 18:31, Section_31 said:

Grim, was quite heartening though (if that's the word) that we popped in to south liverpool foodbank yesterday to drop stuff off and they were turning stuff away because they'd been inundated with donations.

I can’t understand them doing that. People are going to be desperate for food in a few days time. I’m working tomorrow and expect to be flat out responding to requests for financial help

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Champ said:

I can’t understand them doing that. People are going to be desperate for food in a few days time. I’m working tomorrow and expect to be flat out responding to requests for financial help

I think they'd literally ran out of space Cath, it's a church hall and it's pretty huge. They took our stuff in the end but the bloke said he'd have to sneak it in.

A number of the papers today carrying the story the Oxford vaccine is about to be approved and rolled out from 4th January & ending of lockdowns come March.

Sounds great but given our government’s history of over promising & under delivering, I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A number of the papers today carrying the story the Oxford vaccine is about to be approved and rolled out from 4th January & ending of lockdowns come March.

Sounds great but given our government’s history of over promising & under delivering, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I think if the Oxford vaccine is anywhere near decent it'll deffo speed up the end of this bollocks, much easier to transport and cheaper. 

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think if the Oxford vaccine is anywhere near decent it'll deffo speed up the end of this bollocks, much easier to transport and cheaper. 

Papers saying they think they’ve sorted the doses and that sports stadiums will be used to store and administer.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Papers saying they think they’ve sorted the doses and that sports stadiums will be used to store and administer.

City have opened the Ethiad as a testing centre. Makes sense really as most are in built up areas, are well signposted and have the infrastructure in place. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

City have opened the Ethiad as a testing centre. Makes sense really as most are in built up areas, are well signposted and have the infrastructure in place. 

Yeah. Anfield is being used as a testing centre so assume that’ll be the same. 

Whenever the 16m most vulnerable are vaccinated, what will be done with the rest of the population?

Will it be a free for all and expect people will just be sick, or more phased out vaccinations by ages groups? Focuses on schools and Universities?

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Whenever the 16m most vulnerable are vaccinated, what will be done with the rest of the population?

Will it be a free for all and expect people will just be sick, or more phased out vaccinations by ages groups? Focuses on schools and Universities?

I got a text message a week or so ago from my GP surgery not to make an appointment to get a vaccination so that normal appointments can be booked. I think there will be either appointments for vaccination or possibly as part of a booked appointment. 

26 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I reckon the remaining jabs will be done via walk ins like the current testing setup in Liverpool, possibly with the army involved. Vaguely remember that's how they rolled out tamiflu with the swine flu outbreak.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I reckon the remaining jabs will be done via walk ins like the current testing setup in Liverpool, possibly with the army involved. Vaguely remember that's how they rolled out tamiflu with the swine flu outbreak.

That would like be my thoughts as well. If you want one, book one & rock up to your local centre. 

Do we have some sort of exclusivity deal on this Oxford one? No exporting of Oxford vaccine until the UK has been satisfactorily vaccinated?