You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

29 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Dutch PM to address the nation live in about 5 minutes for first time since the 1970s oil crisis. 

Just calling for a calm and sensible approach really. The chosen option out of 3 is maximal containment. The other 2 were to let the virus run free or lock everyone up in their homes until it fucked off. 

Doesn't seem to be any extra restrictions. We aren't locked up but there's not much to go out for anyway. 

Might get into hash again. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Are we assuming that the scientists who devised this policy are Tories, or that the Tories have over-ruled them.  If it’s the latter then where are the dissenting voices?  

we’ll only know if it’s the right policy in a few months.  

Corbyn was on BBC news last night demanding to know what was in next week's emergency legislation.

He could have just asked his shadow health secretary, who is helping Matt Hancock draft it.

I think anyone who tries to play politics with this is going to find it backfires on them.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Racist. I was actually watching Allo Allo yesterday on one of those shit channels you normally don't put on. It still makes me chuckle after all these years. Almost like an 80s TV carry on. 

It's shocking mate. Hope your lad is ok. I've got my eldest at home too. She's just got a cough and I'm certain she hasn't got it, but the missus is certain she is as her mates husband has been diagnosed with it and the early symptoms are supposedly the same. She doesn't sound as bad as your boy though and whole she has a cough, she certainly has no respiratory issues. 

This is a good article on the symptoms, though obviously they can differ for some people. 

https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world-news/diary-dad-coronavirus-day-day-17929614

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Insurance companies don’t need to pay out on a ‘recommendation’ only a edict.

He has just screwed small business to help insurance companies.

Absolute cunts.

Yep. It all seemed a bit we want you to close but it's up to you. A stark contrast to the sterner "you're closing" message from other places. 

Stringer Bell has just tested positive! 

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It was for the rest of China, but they have been locked down for almost 2 months now, and if the numbers are true, the infection stopped spreading within the province as well, similarly to the cruiser.

Hmm, a straw to cling to then.

8 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

It's not clear to me what, other than the elderly and very ill, constitutes an "at risk" group. I have a cough, I'm asthmatic and take immunosuppressant medication - what the fuck do I do, call 111 or wait to get worse? It's been getting better over the last week but it's persistent for sure.

I haven't left the house in 6 days and now it looks like the wife will be stuck here too.

I'm loathe to panic but I also don't know what to do.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think you may have to start talking to her. 

Yeah Karl, introduce yourself. You never know you might get on.  

• Upvote 1

Production hasn't been hit yet.   So the shops was always a temporary thing,  whilst they realised they needed to order more. 

It's going to get real fucking bad tho,  no two ways about it.   It's only a matter of time now before factories shut and that's when we really start falling apart. 

14 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Just calling for a calm and sensible approach really. The chosen option out of 3 is maximal containment. The other 2 were to let the virus run free or lock everyone up in their homes until it fucked off. 

Doesn't seem to be any extra restrictions. We aren't locked up but there's not much to go out for anyway. 

Might get into hash again. 

There's a shortage of hash here it seems

1 minute ago, moof said:

Imagine complaining that a pandemic is too political. Fucking idiots, man

"we trust the science based approach that the government has adopted, but we are concerned that it somehow departs from the measures most other countries are adopting and that this could cause unnecessary deaths." 

"Shut up, you. Going on about deaths and shit. You should focus on the really important issues - keeping schtum and trying not to upset the likes of Dan Hodges and Julia Hartley-Brewer on Twitter. You Savage!" 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

The Chinese Government have a lot of answer for as to how this virus came about. I dont for a second believe it's just randomly came from some food market.

Aren't they accusing america of inventing it in some lab then setting it free in Wuhan? Wouldn't surprise me if they had a vaccine and it will miraculously come to light in the next month or so and they will charge through the fucking roof for it. Trump is all about making money. I hope he dies when a rotor blade from his helicopter scalps him. Or gets hit by a stray golf-ball. Or shot. The fucking bastard. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Aren't they accusing america of inventing it in some lab then setting it free in Wuhan? Wouldn't surprise me if they had a vaccine and it will miraculously come to light in the next month or so and they will charge through the fucking roof for it. Trump is all about making money. I hope he dies when a rotor blade from his helicopter scalps him. Or gets hit by a stray golf-ball. Or shot. The fucking bastard. 

I'm no conspiracy theorist but it seems a bit of a coincidence that this virus originated in a food market that is apparently only a few hundred yards from the Wuhan institute of Virology. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I have to admit I would be suprised if that happens.