You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

21 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

You seem to be making more of an issue about how a mask feels to me than I am.

Wierdo.

Fair enough, we can’t agree on everything.

I’m thinking of the old ladies who volunteered for the vaccine trials and comparing them to blokes whinging about masks, inconvenience, steamed up glasses, writing off old people, profiteering, being hysterical, lying, not understanding what they are talking about, sniping and generally exposing the fact they are shite human beings. 

40 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fair enough, we can’t agree on everything.

I’m thinking of the old ladies who volunteered for the vaccine trials and comparing them to blokes whinging about masks, inconvenience, steamed up glasses, writing off old people, profiteering, being hysterical, lying, not understanding what they are talking about, sniping and generally exposing the fact they are shite human beings. 

I'm a shite human being eh? 

Lovely stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I'm a shite human being eh? 

Lovely stuff. 

No, I’m not magic.  Me thinking you are doesn’t mean you are. You might be lovely.  Lots of people on here seem to think you are.  But I think in a time when things get a bit hard (and it’s fucking relative - our ‘hard’ is having electricity, internet, food deliveries, coping with masks and not being able to jump on a plane for our holidays whilst some of the most brilliant people who’ve ever lived work in record time to develop over 10 vaccines) some people step up and others show themselves up. 

Edit: You know me as a bit of a cunt. But in this I’ve continued to give blood and volunteered to take part in the vaccine trial and  donate platelets.  All relative. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No, I’m not magic.  Me thinking you are doesn’t mean you are. You might be lovely.  Lots of people on here seem to think you are.  But I think in a time when things get a bit hard (and it’s fucking relative - our ‘hard’ is having electricity, internet, food deliveries, coping with masks and not being able to jump on a plane for our holidays whilst some of the most brilliant people who’ve ever lived work in record time to develop over 10 vaccines) some people step up and others show themselves up. 

Edit: You know me as a bit of a cunt. But in this I’ve continued to give blood and volunteered to take part in the vaccine trial and  donate platelets.  All relative. 

You're really coming across as a huge one. In case you care. Probably not.

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ah, so this is about you then. Sound. 

11 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Ah, so this is about you then. Sound. 

Ha ha, yes chief. That’s exactly what that said. Or it’s about helping others instead of whining. 

Apparently wearing a sticking plaster over the bridge of your nose, holding the mask down will prevent the steaming of your glasses and ensuring your Covid experience is as pleasant as can be. 

25 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha, yes chief. That’s exactly what that said. Or it’s about helping others instead of whining. 

Apparently wearing a sticking plaster over the bridge of your nose, holding the mask down will prevent the steaming of your glasses and ensuring your Covid experience is as pleasant as can be. 

I just put the frames of the glasses over the top of the mask and it applies pressure to the top, it stops the glasses misting up.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Hate stories like that.  They went out of their way to contact newspapers in order to poke fun at the tier system that they think is 'nonsense'. 

They'll be telling their 'bonkers' story for years to come, 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Good article by Tom Whipple in the Times today. He’s a serious science writer, not some headline chasing hack and he reports that there is a recently discovered strain of bird flu in China that has a 60% human mortality rate. It doesn’t transmit between humans very well so far but if it mutates to overcome this, we are all fucked. What made me laugh is that he just mentions this fact in passing, almost as an aside.

Oh well thats just fucking great.