You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

So Hancock announces this morning that the Pfizer vaccine has had approval (we are the first country in the world to give it approval) and will start to be rolled out for NHS staff from next week. Anybody would think they wanted to change today’s news cycle so it doesn’t focus on over 50 of his MPs voting against Johnson’s new tier measures.

First in Western World.

China and Russia are already using theirs. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

First in Western World.

China and Russia are already using theirs. 

Was watching him this morning and I don't reckon most of us are gonna get the jab. Hs said something along the lines of "protecting the vulnerable so we can all get back to normal". I suspect that if they think they can inoculate the extremely old and very ill, the rest of us can just take our chances. 

They've only got 10 mil of these ready to be delivered and you need two jabs. The moderna one is due in April, which supposedly is when most of the shooting match is supposed to be over anyway, and they've only bought seven mil. 

They'd pinned their hopes on the Oxford one which is all starting to sound a bit Jay from The Inbetweeners.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Was watching him this morning and I don't reckon most of us are gonna get the jab. Hs said something along the lines of "protecting the vulnerable so we can all get back to normal". I suspect that if they think they can inoculate the extremely old and very ill, the rest of us can just take our chances. 

They've only got 10 mil of these ready to be delivered and you need two jabs. The moderna one is due in April, which supposedly is when most of the shooting match is supposed to be over anyway, and they've only bought seven mil. 

They'd pinned their hopes on the Oxford one which is all starting to sound a bit Jay from The Inbetweeners.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised that once the vulnerable are done they introduce a ‘small charge’ to cover it.

The vaccine costs about £3 so charge everyone £15 for services and the conservative Christmas party can have a fatter goose this year. 

• Upvote 1

40m of the Pfizer vaccine on order according to this which is enough for 20m people to get it. We have definitely put almost all our eggs in the Oxford one. You just know they will make a mess of the rollout and there will be a massive hoo-ha when it’s revealed that the rich and important are getting it before more vulnerable people.

204BF8C7-CA7C-4255-A8A7-0FBC13F368F9.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

According to the news, we don't have 10m ready to be delivered either..we have 80k coming in the next week. Now do you think that's because Pfizer can't deliver them or that we can't store them? I know which option I'm going for. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

According to the news, we don't have 10m ready to be delivered either..we have 80k coming in the next week. Now do you think that's because Pfizer can't deliver them or that we can't store them? I know which option I'm going for. 

Yep! 

We'll deffo fuck this up, there's no doubt about it. 

Our consultants got an email around yesterday asking 'who has prior experience of giving vaccines' with the idea being that ICU and other frontline staff are going to get the jab next week. Which is presumably out of the 80k you've just mentioned Barrington.

43 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

How soon before the pivot from people who were saying ‘they would have died anyway’ to ‘why aren’t they getting vaccine to the vulnerable?’  

Let's face it. That particular brigade made a call on it ages ago, got it terribly wrong and are now just digging their heels in because they are too arrogant to admit that they are wrong. 

Hancock was his usual smug, smarmy cunt self this morning. Gove was on yesterday. Why all of a sudden are they all doing Piers Morgan now that Cummings has fucked off? Huge coincidence. Anyway, Morgan (I hate the cunt but he doesn't half go at them) asked both of them what a "substantial meal" is in reference to pubs being open. Neither could answer despite him asking time and again to define it, neither of them could give a definition. Fucking pair of murdering disgusting pricks. Piers had to say to Hancock at one point "Stop laughing, none of this is funny". Apparently Hancock has just lost his father in-law to this virus and he's on TV laughing. I despise every single one of these tory bastards with every fibre of my being. The only thing I despise more is the fact that they wont be held to account for any of it.  

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Hahaha, the anti-vaxer pricks are out in force. It seems they'd rather believe Karen off Facebook telling them that the vaccine contains a chip and a copy of Windows 98 than the thousands of scientists and regulators that have worked on this.

The problem is the government have told so many lies, mistruths and exaggerations - not to mention shifted an absolute tonne of taxpayers money to their mates under the guise of Emergency Covid - that loads of people just won't listen or believe a word they now say. Their credibility (if they had any) is shot, so I personally understand why people would be apprehensive. 

21 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The problem is the government have told so many lies, mistruths and exaggerations - not to mention shifted an absolute tonne of taxpayers money to their mates under the guise of Emergency Covid - that loads of people just won't listen or believe a word they now say. Their credibility (if they had any) is shot, so I personally understand why people would be apprehensive. 

I think that's a different issue. 

If Hancock announced everyone will be vaccinated by the end of January would I believe him given his track record? Probably not.

If someone shared a Facebook post saying the vaccine was part of an international conspiracy would I believe that too? No. 

There's a difference between believing a politician's clams on an interview, and believing that the whole medical and science industry, is up to no good, or doesn't understand how to do its job. Anyone who can't see that is a moron/lazy or both. 

You'll never see legitimate scientists making these claims, they're always two penny grifters, herbalist weirdos and folks with missing teeth.

Fact is, the organisations that pass vaccines are the ones that pass pain killers, antibiotics, blood pressure meds and all the other stuff people rely on day in and day out. 

• Upvote 1

Did someone put on here that the government wont guarantee this vaccine so the disclaimer is "if you turn into an Elk then its your own fault" ? 

Of course the vaccine is optional but you can see why some would be sceptical if there is no insurance giving it being rolled out in record time. 

As far as I'm concerned though you can pour me a pint of it. I've had Covid (I still don't think that makes me immune despite what the fella on here with the degree in Coronavirus says) and I'd rather not have it again, nor do I want anyone I care about to get it. Plus, we need to get back to some normality soon. I'm starting to lose the plot big time. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Did someone put on here that the government wont guarantee this vaccine so the disclaimer is "if you turn into an Elk then its your own fault" ? 

Of course the vaccine is optional but you can see why some would be sceptical if there is no insurance giving it being rolled out in record time. 

As far as I'm concerned though you can pour me a pint of it. I've had Covid (I still don't think that makes me immune despite what the fella on here with the degree in Coronavirus says) and I'd rather not have it again, nor do I want anyone I care about to get it. Plus, we need to get back to some normality soon. I'm starting to lose the plot big time. 

It wasn’t on the list at the time, because it hadn’t been approved then.  

EDIT: although it does exempt influenza jabs caused by a pandemic influenza virus.  Not sure if that applies here.  

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Yep! 

We'll deffo fuck this up, there's no doubt about it. 

I think we'll be all in on the Oxford one. They'll be able to use it like they do with flu and use the process and protocol around that to get it to the over 50s. They won't care it's less effective, stopping people dying has never been the aim, it's just to not overwhelm the NHS and the Oxford vaccine will achieve that, be cheaper per dose and likely not require much additional refrigeration. I wouldn't be that shocked if it never gets delivered to the whole population and ends up just targeted at the same subset of society the flu vaccine is. 

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The timescale of the vaccine doesn't worry me at all, science can do pretty extreme shit when the chips are down, just like in the second world war. If they found oil on mars (unlikely I grant you) we'd be there in five years, if that.  

Yes, and it appears most research projects for vaccines etc just fall apart because they've got fuck all money.

"Hi, we're trying to find a cure/vaccine for this disease/virus, will you Mr Billionaire pledge a tenner?"

"How many people have died of it in Kensington?"

"Er, not many"

"Cheers then"

At every level the hold ups centre around a lack of will because of who it does or doesn't affect. Also, surely science in general improves very fucking quickly. "Yeah, but during the Black Death in 1347..." Yeah, in the 14th century loads of people were still living in the woods lobbing shit at each other.

The conspiracy stuff surrounding lockdowns seems bafflingly stupid as well. That being anti-lockdown is somehow an anti-system/power view. Why would rich capitalists want us sat at home spending fuck all money?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The conspiracy stuff surrounding lockdowns seems bafflingly stupid as well. That being anti-lockdown is somehow an anti-system/power view. Why would rich capitalists want us sat at home spending fuck all money?

This is what cracks me up. Why would the governments of the world want to 'force' people to wear masks if they didn't think they would help? Why would the governments of the world sit back and lock everyone down and watch the destruction of high streets?

Absolute fucking colander heads.  

• Upvote 1