Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1130 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

The UK Government - true to form - are continuing to make a right mess of things. 

Master of Muppets Johnson has set the end of lockdown for Wednesday, 2nd December. DVSA have stated that driver training can resume on Thursday, 3rd December. Therefore anyone with a driving test on Thursday, 3rd December can take their test even though they have not been able to take lessons for a whole month. 

This is all fine. The head of the DVSA has stated it will be illegal to offer professional Driver Training during lockdown. Lockdown ends on Wednesday, 2nd December. DVSA say driver training can resume on Thursday, 3rd December. 

So can driving lessons go ahead on Tuesday, 2nd December as lockdown has ended or Thursday, 3rd December when DVSA say Driver Training can resume? 

They have had a whole month to plan. They are awful at planning. 

8 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Melbourne back open after;

- mandatory masks

- lockdown 

- sealed off by authorities 

Three months of lockdown really has been a bit of a pain in the arse.

First day of zero active cases since 1st March today though. As of yesterday we no longer have to wear masks outside, (still need them inside) which is good because I have a spotty face like a thirteen year old.

339C3B98-B705-41F2-8426-6D2E7392E39D.png

• Upvote 3

Anyone a fan of watching puppies being kicked half to death you’re in luck!

Hancock is facing committee questions, from all sides about everything, all morning and can be live-streamed. 

I'm wondering if they'll be more lenient on Liverpool because of the mass testing, they may well want it to look really positive and working so put us in tier 2, it's a lot more difficult to convince people of it's merit if they don't benefit from it, and rolling it out in other areas will be more difficult.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I'm wondering if they'll be more lenient on Liverpool because of the mass testing, they may well want it to look really positive and working so put us in tier 2, it's a lot more difficult to convince people of it's merit if they don't benefit from it, and rolling it out in other areas will be more difficult.

I hope not. I hope they treat us exactly how they've decided to work the tiers (whichever is correct - i think it will be tier 2). As much as I want everything open including pubs / restaurants for everyone, I'm sick of seeing Liverpool having one of the highest infection rates. You know what they will say though. "Look, look what we did in Liverpool and look how great we are" well actually all you did was test more people, there was no wonder cure from mass testing. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I hope not. I hope they treat us exactly how they've decided to work the tiers. As much as I want everything open including pubs / restaurants for everyone, I'm sick of seeing Liverpool having one of the highest infection rates. You know they will though. "Look, look what we did in Liverpool and look how great we are" well actually all you did was test more people, there was no wonder cure from mass testing. 

I just noticed a BBC headline yesterday was 'Covid mass testing in Liverpool sees 'remarkable decline' in covid cases, and there you have it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I just noticed a BBC headline yesterday was 'Covid mass testing in Liverpool sees 'remarkable decline' in covid cases, and there you have it.

Wankers. I don't even believe the figures. 

I just want to sit in a boozer with a pint and watch weirdos. Its like celebrity jungle they have only been away for 3 days and are wanking over a jammy dodger. A pub and a pint seems as fantastical as motorboating Sofia Vergara.

• Upvote 2

The worst of all the demographics are the people joyfully exclaiming 'lock down hasn't affected me at all hahaha', maybe you need to address your miserable fucking existence then.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The worst of all the demographics are the people joyfully exclaiming 'lock down hasn't affected me at all hahaha', maybe you need to address your miserable fucking existence then.

Anyone who says that has no friends and is likely a massive cunt who talks to himself/herself when he's/she's folding their underwear 

Discussion on Vine now about countries (and airlines) mandating vaccines to travel. 

Should the government insist that anyone arriving in the U.K has a vaccine certificate?

Would those unwilling to have a vaccine change their minds if they weren’t able to go on holiday? 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Discussion on Vine now about countries (and airlines) mandating vaccines to travel. 

Should the government insist that anyone arriving in the U.K has a vaccine certificate?

Would those unwilling to have a vaccine change their minds if they weren’t able to go on holiday? 

The anti vaccine stuff is pissing me off. Imagine a year from now when this is hopefully all behind us, you go into casualty with a broken leg or whatever and A&E is still clogged up with 5G conspiracy bellends. They should go to the back of the queue IMO.

Someone offers you a cure, you refuse the cure, but then get sick. That's on you.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anyone who says that has no friends and is likely a massive cunt who talks to himself/herself when he's/she's folding their underwear 

That's me.  Without the "hahahahahaha" at the end and more of a "that's how pathetic my life is" instead. The result of having a 3 and a 1 year old with no family to help meaning myself and my wife haven't been out for dinner or an evening drink together in a little over 3 years, so all the social restrictions that lockdown caused had no impact on us.  

Obviously only talking socially here as my wife lost her job and I've had a big paycut.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

That's me.  Without the "hahahahahaha" at the end and more of a "that's how pathetic my life is" instead. The result of having a 3 and a 1 year old with no family to help meaning myself and my wife haven't been out for dinner or an evening drink together in a little over 3 years, so all the social restrictions that lockdown caused had no impact on us.  

Obviously only talking socially here as my wife lost her job and I've had a big paycut.  

I think a lot of people who have big commutes have enjoyed working from home too. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Remarkable. 

Hey, when you’re 16 and 11 months it’s illegal to drive, a month later it’s fine. 

Do you not think it's a big jump from being around only your family to standing with up to 4000 other people (depending on what tier level you have been placed in)?

Which is probably nearer the point SpyBee was trying to make.