You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 24/02/2020 at 11:05, Herp McDerp said:

Not if someone off here sends that to your boss. Good thing no-one would stoop that low  

Lets just hope for Ricos sake that he doesn't neg a certain poster who we all know is more than capable of such ballistic shithousery over a neg. 

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This is basically God's way of telling us He disapproves of Brexit.

Hahaha Ive been leaving comments in the comments section of mail online on loads of stories about this. "Tory Britain" and "Welcome to Brexit" they fucking hate me. Far too many of them bite. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
On 24/02/2020 at 19:02, johnsusername said:

Joking aside, is anyone actually worried?

Not really, loads of ways one can die. If you worry about every virus then you'd never leave the house. Nasty that people die from these things, but in the big scheme of things it hasn't taken that many lives. 

11 hours ago, rb14 said:

Nah. When me number's up, it's up. I'm heading out to the Far East tonight for three weeks. Couldn't care less. In fact the upside is hopefully everywhere will be quieter. 

Many of the tourist attractions in Vietnam are very quiet, its a great time to visit Đà Lạt and Hoian.

Vietnam gets more tourists from China than anywhere else and they aren't allowed in at the moment and Koreans from virus hit areas are now being turned away - some hotels etc are refusing bookings from any Koreans.

11 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Many of the tourist attractions in Vietnam are very quiet, its a great time to visit Đà Lạt and Hoian.

Vietnam gets more tourists from China than anywhere else and they aren't allowed in at the moment and Koreans from virus hit areas are now being turned away - some hotels etc are refusing bookings from any Koreans.

Dappy hays. We're in HCM for a week then Con Dao for another. Quieter the better. 

11 hours ago, niallers said:

"Normal" flu kills half a million a year, so to quote Billy from predator, we're all gonna die.

To put it into perspective, the mortality rate for "Normal flu" is around 0.1% while Coronavirus is somewhere between 1% and 2%.

So using your figures, it would kill between 5 to 10 million people and it could mutate into something worse, which is what Spanish Flu did.

Governments are right to be cautious.

1 minute ago, M_B said:

To put it into perspective, the mortality rate for "Normal flu" is around 0.1% while Coronavirus is somewhere between 1% and 2%.

So using your figures, it would kill between 5 to 10 million people and it could mutate into something worse, which is what Spanish Flu did.

Governments are right to be cautious.

That 1%/2% differs enormously by age though, no?

Lots of old people are going to die.

Rainhill School has just had a class come back from skiing in Italy and haven’t isolated them. Looking on the Guardian website today the advice is don’t isolate unless someone presents with symptoms. 

So that’s the whole school infected then.

Just nature’s way of finding a response to overpopulation.

Anyway, odds of 1.3% against. I’ll take those.

24 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

That 1%/2% differs enormously by age though, no?

Lots of old people are going to die.

Thanks for that info, aren’t they looking for a link to the eating of certain animals?ones that eat insects? So considering that they eat anything that moves it’ll be like looking for a needle in a haystack, I for one haven’t devoured a Pangolin for ages , a delicacy apparently, so I’m hopeful that I’ll be ok .

1 hour ago, rb14 said:

Dappy hays. We're in HCM for a week then Con Dao for another. Quieter the better. 

Don't miss a trip to the Cư Chi tunnels, especially if you fancy having a go with an AK47 or heavy machine gun.

I also recommend the War Remnants Museum and a day trip to Vùng Tau by ferry.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Rainhill School has just had a class come back from skiing in Italy and haven’t isolated them. Looking on the Guardian website today the advice is don’t isolate unless someone presents with symptoms. 

So that’s the whole school infected then.

Just nature’s way of finding a response to overpopulation.

Anyway, odds of 1.3% against. I’ll take those.

This is the mistake that ensures it will spread everywhere. It is contagious before the infected person shows symptoms, but what can you do? Britian could be riddled with it by now and folks won't know for another week, maybe two.

29 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Don't miss a trip to the Cư Chi tunnels, especially if you fancy having a go with an AK47 or heavy machine gun.

I also recommend the War Remnants Museum and a day trip to Vùng Tau by ferry.

I used an M16 when I was there. Always thought I'd be handy with a gun. I was not.