You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 hours ago, Section_31 said:

A few of the gym owners were getting on my tits, trying to make out they were performing a vital community and mental health service. Have people never heard of pressups?

"Gyms are safe" he says, in an enclosed space where bodily fluids are bountiful and everything is made out of metal and there's a workforce of three people available for cleaning. It's probably slightly safer than French kissing Mark Fowler after root canal.

I suspect the truth is closer to fitness wankers thinking covid only kills lazy people, and tackling it head on is akin to 'crushing' your 'PB'.

While the barbers were closed etc there was a fuckin' tattoo shop and a nail thingy open yesterday here, don't get what's essential about them. 

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

While the barbers were closed etc there was a fuckin' tattoo shop and a nail thingy open yesterday here, don't get what's essential about them. 

All the anti-mask brigade are getting 'selfish arsehole' tattooed on their forehead. 

Not sure about the nails. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

All the anti-mask brigade are getting 'selfish arsehole' tattooed on their forehead. 

Not sure about the nails. 

The cunts should do, i did want my nails done though but there was to many in there, so thought I'd leave it for now. 

She's cutting my hair again now, and as I'm not going out anywhere that'll do and my nails can wait. 

• Upvote 1

Banana Republic 

A director of the PR firm paid £670,000 to write press releases for the head of Boris Johnson’s vaccine taskforce is a longtime business partner of Dominic Cummings’ father-in-law, a bombshell new report revealed.

It emerged on Sunday that Kate Bingham, who is married to a Tory Treasury minister, billed taxpayers £670,000 for a team of ‘boutique’ public relations consultants – Admiral Public Relations.

Since June, the Sunday Times reported, Bingham has used eight full-time consultants from the London-based PR firm to oversee her media strategy.

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Banana Republic 

A director of the PR firm paid £670,000 to write press releases for the head of Boris Johnson’s vaccine taskforce is a longtime business partner of Dominic Cummings’ father-in-law, a bombshell new report revealed.

It emerged on Sunday that Kate Bingham, who is married to a Tory Treasury minister, billed taxpayers £670,000 for a team of ‘boutique’ public relations consultants – Admiral Public Relations.

Since June, the Sunday Times reported, Bingham has used eight full-time consultants from the London-based PR firm to oversee her media strategy.

It was all part of the strategy to make the public sick of government.  Just like they tried in America, which hasn't worked, they just voted the Bannon Brigade out, and the same will happen here.  They already know they're going to lose in 2025, if they last that long even. 

14 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If the vaccine rolls out successfully and is shown to be safe, do you think we'll see measures which prohibit vaccine refuseniks from attending certain public events, using certain forms of transport and nations requiring proof of vaccination before granting passengers entry clearance? 

I think we might. 

That will cause a lot of problems. 

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If the vaccine rolls out successfully and is shown to be safe, do you think we'll see measures which prohibit vaccine refuseniks from attending certain public events, using certain forms of transport and nations requiring proof of vaccination before granting passengers entry clearance? 

I think we might. 

No, not at all.

For example, children will not be given the Pfizer vaccine as it hasn't been tested on them, but they are generally fine with covid anyway, so covid will be around.  

If you or I get a shot then it doesn;t matter if someone else hasn't, in theory. 

34 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think we might. 

Now that's a slippery slope.

36 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think we might. 

In short, no.

Just saw a piece on the 6 o'clock news talking about its efficacy they were hoping for between 50 or 60% effectiveness but even they were surprised themselves when it hit 90% .

It's been tested across the world as well it really is quite an achievement if it really does what it says it does to get this far in so short a time .

Over 500 deaths today apparently. I'm finding it hard to believe the government stats at the moment. Last week the day before lockdown when they needed to remind the public to behavez it was just on 500 too. Today after the news about the vaccine and they want to remind everyone to behave, it's the same. I think they're just manipulating the numbers to suit whatever their latest requirement is. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Over 500 deaths today apparently. I'm finding it hard to believe the government stats at the moment. Last week the day before lockdown when they needed to remind the public to behavez it was just on 500 too. Today after the news about the vaccine and they want to remind everyone to behave, it's the same. I think they're just manipulating the numbers to suit whatever their latest requirement is. 

Nah, numbers always go up on a Tuesday as they catch up with the weekend.

50 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If you or I get a shot then it doesn;t matter if someone else hasn't, in theory. 

That would only be the case if its efficacy was 100%, Shirley?

The more people that refuse to take it the longer it'll take to achieve herd immunity, I suppose.