You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Wonder that effect, if any, half term has had? And would we see that filtering through around now?

Another three members of staff tested positive in my daughters school the end of last week after they went back so they’re extremely short staffed resulting in her only being in Monday and Tuesday this week and off the rest of the week, and next week she’s off Monday and Tuesday and in the rest of the week.

They expect this to go on until December they said! Meaning my wife is having to take time off work unpaid to look after her. 

Half term probably meant different things depending which lockdown you were under. My missus said (she's a teacher) across the city they are now under instruction to leave windows open in all schools to help with ventilation, so maybe schools will improve a little, although it'll be fucking freezing for the kids!

There's no doubt though everything is trending on the right direction, here's the latest for Liverpool from Zoe. The government ones on the LCC website haven't been published yet. 

Screenshot_20201109-115722.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So you want everyone else to help

obtain the herd immunity you’ve been going on about? 

I want everyone to take their own decision. I won't be taking a vaccine which has been developed in about 10 months and is exempt from the Government Vaccine Damage Payment.

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I want everyone to take their own decision. I won't be taking a vaccine which has been developed in about 10 months and is exempt from the Government Vaccine Damage Payment.

Well to be fair you've done enough spreading of the virus, why stop now? 

42 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Wonder that effect, if any, half term has had? And would we see that filtering through around now?

Another three members of staff tested positive in my daughters school the end of last week after they went back so they’re extremely short staffed resulting in her only being in Monday and Tuesday this week and off the rest of the week, and next week she’s off Monday and Tuesday and in the rest of the week.

They expect this to go on until December they said! Meaning my wife is having to take time off work unpaid to look after her. 

Be surprised if it hadn't had some impact, given the rate of transmission in those age groups.

image.png

4 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Corner taken quickly........................PFIZER!!!!

Over 90% effective. That’d be nice. I’m really longing for everything to go back to normal. I know it’ll be a while yet, but I’m genuinely sick of the whole thing. I know people are dying and have had it much worse then me, but also it’s just fucking draining. 

• Upvote 1

Pfizer opted out of US government assistance and invested its own money, so it’s a completely corporate vaccine. They then struck a deal that they’d sell it back for $2b to the US for 100m doses. If it works as well as they say it does, and they can make it quickly, then it’s a winner. We can finally be free of this fucking thing. 

The UK has 30m on order, so that changes everything.

This is the one I said before that has been available to buy if you had connections earlier. 

21 minutes ago, Numero said:

Over 90% effective. That’d be nice. I’m really longing for everything to go back to normal. I know it’ll be a while yet, but I’m genuinely sick of the whole thing. I know people are dying and have had it much worse then me, but also it’s just fucking draining. 

Yes, I feel like a selfish cunt for thinking this way. But frankly I haven't seen my family for about 10 months and I'd quite like to.

This does look like pretty positive news for at least a return to something approaching normality possibly by early Spring.