You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think peston said that was the plan earlier today. Johnson certainly suggested we would during the press conference I had that playing in one ear while using my other ear for the match! Haha. Johnson said he still preferred the localised approach, but basically it's on the rise so much there's nowhere left in the country where the NHS won't be fucked by December. 

Imagine the fume if we're first out of lockdown.

Cant see it myself.

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think the Chinese have massively understated their deaths. This report on Bloomberg says there were 15 million missing mobile phone users compared to last year. Some of these will simply be people who gave up their phone because they lost their jobs but also dead people don’t renew their subscriptions. There was no way they restricted this to one city. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

Some people talk about China like it's some hidden cloud kingdom.  

I don't have a lot to say to those people except "Big Mac please", or "that's a shit job mate, do it again". 

Astonishing stuff.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1322646591010971649

The chair of the UK's vaccine task force showed “official sensitive” government documents to a $200-a-head event for elite US venture capitalists last week Kate Bingham, a Boris Johnson appointee, showed guests a list of products which the government is set to invest in 1/

• Upvote 1

My job is in repossessions MI.

I assume Payment Holidays will be extended until after Xmas, but if your anything like who I work for (ie the biggest bank in Europe), we weren’t ready to start legal action again on Monday anyway, nowhere near. 

Although this decision would have stopped me working late every night over the past 2 weeks, I’m glad it happened, it’s the right decision...

... just 2-4 weeks late.

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Not sure I follow that but I’m guessing you know a lot about China. My own view is that the CCP is probably the most evil and genocidal regime in modern history with probably over 100 million deaths as a result of their policies in the 20th century. For example, looking at the current population demographics there are at least 20 million maybe as many as 50 million missing women probably killed at birth as a result of the CCP’S one child policy that prevailed in the 1970s and 1980s. 

It’s a mystery to me why they are not a pariah state but I guess we care more about buying cheap electronics and plastic shit than we do about 20 million murdered baby girls.

50 million infected worldwide, over a million dead, and god knows how many economies tanked. They could at least say "sorry lads". 

Unless they're happy weakening their superpower rivals. 

37 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Not the 2nd wave, deffo not

Flu, fake positives Aids

Sean Connery

It's colds and accidents.

As my- fortunately- ex-line manager said, everyone's already had it, and if you test positive after dying in a parachute-not-opening-incident, they'll put you down as a Covid victim. She didn't have statistics to hand about how many people this would have happened to, but it seems far more plausible than your T-cells not protecting you.

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's colds and accidents.

As my- fortunately- ex-line manager said, everyone's already had it, and if you test positive after dying in a parachute-not-opening-incident, they'll put you down as a Covid victim. She didn't have statistics to hand about how many people this would have happened to, but it seems far more plausible than your T-cells not protecting you.

Event horizon. 

Just now, Mudface said:

Fuck, I've got lost in the bullshit on this thread- where did 'event horizon' come from again? 

Sorry, I’ll stop. 

(It’s my shite analogy about shouting the one thing you’ve heard about a subject when watching a quiz on telly. To an expert you’d sound ridiculous, but to people with no knowledge you sound almost like you know something. But you absolutely don’t. So shouting ‘T-cells’ or even better ‘why aren’t they mentioning t-cells’ is fucking mental) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1