You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Jedd Drudge said:

A great idea, you don't work for the government do you?

What makes the eat out thing even worse was the months and months of warnings about the extra dangers of covid to people carrying extra weight. Then allowing fast food establishments to be part of it all, it's hard not to scratch your head and wonder what the hell they were really thinking. Fatten them up for the winter return maybe. 

Anyway, tier 4 was considered for the north until it started to be a problem for the south, now they're taking it seriously and going to have a semi serious lockdown and that tier shite can get to fuck as it doesn't really work. 

Made me think of Johnson after coming out of hospital being quissed by a journalist, who asked him did he learn anything profound that he can now use for the good of the country whilst he was in intensive care, Johnson replied 'yes I did" journalist, 'what was it?' Johnson ' I along with the lot of the nation am too fat'  journalist 'does that mean you are go to put a tax on unhealthy foods and sugary drinks?'  Johnson " no'

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

And what "Sweden sceptics" get wrong is that instead of sporadic lockdowns that shock the system, we need and needed from the start a set of long-term measures which are sustainable in the long term to allow economies to function and healthcare systema not to break down and are designed to be culturally appropriate so you don't need massive behavioral experiments to get people to act in a certain way.

The main problem with the first lockdown, where ever it was introduced is that people were willing to make a sacrifice, up to six weeks, but on condition they can then go back to their lives as if nothing is happening, which is what they did. Covid is just not lethal enough to make most people behave differently / responsibly on their own over the longer period.

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Whats the point if we are leaving schools open ?

Do it from mid November and close the schools until January

I think the point is that the way we are going right now it needs to be done asap. I don't think the virus fancies going us a few weeks grace to get shit in order. 

If only we’d of had multiple teams of scientific advisors advising this weeks ago, which was already late, and a clear view what might happen by watching our closet neighbours head towards this we might have stood a chance!

But, you know, this has crept up and blindsided us from out of nowhere, damn pesky invisible enemy. 

Fool me once etc...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

If only we’d of had multiple teams of scientific advisors advising this weeks ago, which was already late, and a clear view what might happen by watching our closet neighbours head towards this.

But, you know, this has crept up and blindsided us from out of nowhere, damn pesky invisible enemy. 

Fool me once etc...

UNPRECEDENTED.

Well, apart from all the precedents we've had since March.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

UNPRECEDENTED.

Well, apart from all the precedents we've had since March.

World beating profiteering, deaths, infections, economic downturns and serial incompetence though, so we’re at least winning in those highly contested areas.

Im going to call it now, there’s going to be a massive shortage of PPE before the years out due to no clear plan and gifting their mates money for stuff that was never suitable, or even real and I think that’ll be the straw that breaks the camels back with the public.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Im going to call it now, there’s going to be a massive shortage of PPE before the years out due to no clear plan and gifting their mates money for stuff that was never suitable, or even real

100% nailed on.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think that’ll be the straw that breaks the camels back with the public.

Less certain.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, kinda disappointed in myself for having any confidence in the general public.

They’ll tire of this mob eventually. It’s just that the only other show in town is engaged in a deeply impressive plan to remove its own nutsack with a chainsaw live on tv.

Still, I’m sure George Galloway/Jeremy Corbyn/the ghost of Mohandas Gandhi’s  

exciting new political vehicle will mop up all the disaffected quote unquote decent people and turn this abject nightmare around.

• Upvote 2