You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Its 50/50 to be honest. I hate this fucking government as much as anyone and they have absolutely killed people with their fuckong around. Initial lockdown was far too late, masks should have been brought in compulsory a lot sooner and then policed better and all that eat out help out / fuck off abroad / schools piling back in with little or no social distancing has been an absolute disaster. You have to admit though that large parts of the public just don't give a fuck. Its easy to say loads don't know the rules but they couldn't have been much clearer from the very start at least and it doesn't take too much common sense to think ok, I will keep a distance, I will wear a mask in shops etc and no i won't just throw parties etc and surround myself with shit loads of people. Arrogant bastards. 

The government are absolutely cunts. So are lots of people. 

I’m at a bit of a loss as to why anyone who went on holiday, when guidelines from not only our own blundering government, but also the one they were visiting, allowed that, are selfish cunts?

Everyone is trying to get through this the best they can. I’m sure the people working in these places or on the airlines were grateful for customers and being able to keep their jobs.

The selfish cunts are the ones who ignore rules and guidelines, not the ones who follow them, surely.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, belarus said:

I’m at a bit of a loss as to why anyone who went on holiday, when guidelines from not only our own blundering government, but also the one they were visiting, allowed that, are selfish cunts?

Everyone is trying to get through this the best they can. I’m sure the people working in these places or on the airlines were grateful for customers and being able to keep their jobs.

The selfish cunts are the ones who ignore rules and guidelines, not the ones who follow them, surely.

Not surprised to see SD has been quiet and stayed out the thread the last few days but still pops in with a little rep to suit him. 

If you think fucking off on holiday to another country thats suffering during a global pandemic is the right thing to do then so be it. Not for me. I like to use common sense and a bit of moral decency. The government allow a lot of things that people don't do. Maybe it's just me. 

That said, the evidence coming out that those who travelled to Spain have now spread more of it and of proves my point. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I now understand the Purge movie franchise. A few tweaks to the rules and yeah let's do the selfish cunts in. 

Under the current incumbents the rules would be to purge the elderly, underprivileged, sick and disabled.

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I posted in this thread twice yesterday and twice the day before.

TBF you have -- in between a couple of gold members getting condolences about vulnerable members of their families testing postive and PD going for testing after feeling symptoms, you got into a tiff with someone about calling you a liar.

Credit where it is due.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

TBF you have -- in between a couple of gold members getting condolences about vulnerable members of their families testing postive and PD going for testing after feeling symptoms, you got into a tiff with someone about calling you a liar.

Credit where it is due.

I mean, I could give condolences to someone who has me on ignore, but I'd question the value of it.

Obviously I was snowed under with condolences for my own ill loved one.

Just possibly, not everything is about me. Discretion being the better part of valour, and all that.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't think Harry's was a member last year. Must have been something else you said.

I was referring to Brownie; I don't know if HL has me on ignore too, but by the way he referred to me earlier I got the impression he wasn't a fan. Sometimes its just better to say nothing.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

How is your partners shoulder anyway? Hope its healed better than it sounded like it was going too. 

Not great to be honest, thanks for asking. If it doesn't improve we'll have to brave a trip to our local covid hotspot (A&E).

18 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not great to be honest, thanks for asking. If it doesn't improve we'll have to brave a trip to our local covid hotspot (A&E).

Fingers crossed for her. 

You Spanish farmer strand of covid spreading bastard. 

37 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I was referring to Brownie; I don't know if HL has me on ignore too, but by the way he referred to me earlier I got the impression he wasn't a fan. Sometimes its just better to say nothing.

Have to agree here.  

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I mean, I could give condolences to someone who has me on ignore, but I'd question the value of it.

Obviously I was snowed under with condolences for my own ill loved one.

Just possibly, not everything is about me. Discretion being the better part of valour, and all that.

Didn't wish me the best though did you? Heartless prick.