You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone.

From what I can gather, my lad is ill but functioning but it's early days. 

My Grandson doesn't seem to be that ill atm thankfully, but they have to be really careful with him.

His Mum has tested positive as well so I haven't got a clue what we're going to do if they get worse.

It's a real worry.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do you all live together?

No.

Just me and my Missus but prior to Covid we saw our Son, Daughter and all the Grandkids virtually every day so it's been difficult for all of us.

Everybody's in the same boat though.

Having said that, my Missus is in my Daughters support bubble so at least 3 of our Grandkids have had some contact with one of us.

Unfortunately for me I've had to keep my distance.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

It's an interesting read, but the article's from the 12th of August, presumably that's why it's not 'huge news'. Has it been followed up or something?

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/201833/cell-immunity-what-does-help-protect/

https://immunology.sciencemag.org/content/5/49/eabd6160

Yeah the huge news thing doesn't mean anything to me either, I thought the article was good for some info on T cells though.

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

surely had a serious underlying health condition? 

Fucking 17 though, fuck.....

Yea he did, I couldn't say what.   Took really ill last night, admitted to ICU and passed away this morning.   He was well enough to be trying to get his shifts covered just this weekend. 

A family member of his tested positive recently and he got a false negative.

17...heartbreaking for his family. 

Just now, Grinch said:

Yea he did, I couldn't say what.   Took really ill last night, admitted to ICU and passed away this morning.   He was well enough to be trying to get his shifts covered just this weekend. 

bloody terrible news, fucking 17, only a kid. You're supposed to be indestructible at that age ffs. poor lad.  

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

He tested positive today?

Got a few in this age group - terrible news.