You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

No. I mean six people. Not six million, but six people, have been confirmed as having had it twice.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/Re-infection-and-viral-shedding-threat-assessment-brief.pdf

Neil from Young Ones would deffo have had it twice. As would George from Seinfeld. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

No. I mean six people. Not six million, but six people, have been confirmed as having had it twice.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/Re-infection-and-viral-shedding-threat-assessment-brief.pdf

Which would prove there is a considerable level of immunity for at least 6 months, probably at least a year or so, a season, like with the flu. 

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah people visiting on holiday from other infected countries really hit them hard. Unsurprisingly. But, you know, motherfuckers gotta tan. 

You can't really have a go at people for visiting a country if it was legal at the time, it's not like people parachuted in from a B52. Spain loves the gringo dollar, Portugal were freaking out when the UK kept them on the quarantine list. 

33 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's what the rule was in Spain when I was there. Obviously that's why their covid situation is so good right now.

And of course you wore a mask everywhere you went. 

Just now, Section_31 said:

You can't really have a go at people for visiting a country if it was legal at the time, Spain loves the gringo dollar, Portugal were freaking out when the UK kept them on the quarantine list. 

Hmm I can to be fair. I still personally think it's selfish. The borders were opened for financial reasons, not because there was no threat of further transmissions. They weight up the economic impact versus the potential loss of life and voted with greed. I could have gone away, I didn't. I'd love to have fucked off on holiday as much as anyone but not during a global pandemic. I don't think its much to ask for people to sit back and chill for a bit during it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, I was obliged to.

Not really sure what your point is.

SD, why when complaing9ng that you are struggling to breath and over-heating in wallasey in the evening at the end of October when its relatively cold and fresh for 10 minutes would you choose to go to a Spain in the middle of summer knowing full well you had to wear a mask outside all the time? 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hmm I can to be fair. I still personally think it's selfish. The borders were opened for financial reasons, not because there was no threat of further transmissions. They weight up the economic impact versus the potential loss of life and voted with greed. I could have gone away, I didn't. I'd love to have fucked off on holiday as much as anyone but not during a global pandemic. I don't think its much to ask for people to sit back and chill for a bit during it. 

It spread equally in emitting as in destination markets all over Europe.

19 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Well, in the context of headlines screaming no antibodies, no immunity, aaaaa!, at least it makes you say, hey, wait a minute.

The problem with that is there's lots of stuff you need to line up in order to confirm a true reinfection. Two positive tests in whatever time period the person was sick twice and the confirmation of seroprevalence they had had it once before and there's some different strain stuff involved in that too. How many people actually get all these tests, who knows. It's pretty possible that reinfections fall under the radar.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

SD, why when complaing9ng that you are struggling to breath and over-heating in wallasey in the evening at the end of October when its relatively cold and fresh for 10 minutes would you choose to go to a Spain in the middle of summer knowing full well you had to wear a mask outside all the time? 

Well firstly, it's a dry heat in Spain, nowhere near as humid as it is here, and it's humidity which is the issue for me.

Secondly, I chose to go to Spain. It was my choice, I knew the rules, and I was a guest in their country. I don't get the choice to consent in the UK. It is forced upon me whether I like it or not. 

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well firstly, it's a dry heat in Spain, nowhere near as humid as it is here, and it's humidity which is the issue for me.

Secondly, I chose to go to Spain. It was my choice, I knew the rules, and I was a guest in their country. I don't get the choice to consent in the UK. It is forced upon me whether I like it or not. 

Oh right. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Baffled:

As India's active #COVID19 cases drop for the 23rd day in a row, top epidemiologist Dr. Jayaprakash Muliyil @ICMRDELHI tells @ShereenBhan, 'Only explanation is that more regions of the country are now showing signs of herd immunity.'

The only explanation? Good grief, it's like he hasn't listened to a word Fluter from Dakota and Mudface have been saying.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The problem with that is there's lots of stuff you need to line up in order to confirm a true reinfection. Two positive tests in whatever time period the person was sick twice and the confirmation of seroprevalence they had had it once before and there's some different strain stuff involved in that too. How many people actually get all these tests, who knows. It's pretty possible that reinfections fall under the radar.

Could be, but there were a lot of health care workers infected the first time around in various countries and you'd expect at least them (if most of general population isn't) to be in some kind of register. I doubt that a significant reinfection would go unnoticed there. And I would be surprised to learn that countries like Germany don't have a full list of all cases, with addresses, occupation etc down to the favourite colour. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is it really 

Croatia and Slovenia were at zero cases for days late spring early summer, so were Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, there or thereabouts. They like to vacation on the Croatian coast. All countries are now completely overrun, Czechs are the worst in Europe, after Belgium. Slovakia was constantly mentioned as an example of success, with various theories, early lockdown, masks, authoritarian communist heritage bla bla bla. Now they are worse off than UK.