You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

One thing which still has not been observed, or at least I didn't see it reported, is significant incidence of second infection in general population. With all those people that tested positive all over Western and Central Europe in March and April you would expect many to get it again in the current huge second wave, if there is no significant immunity after 3 months.

Six out of 37 million so far, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Do we really need to go through this again?

All evidence that masks work is based on lab tests, controlled environments, clinical grade masks, people being trained to done and doff, being used for the correct amount of time etc. Just watch how people use masks now, stuffed in pockets, left on dashboard, left on public tables, used to clean glasses (in the House of Commons), worn day in day out... lycra snoods, diamante fabric masks, it's just a big pacifier. 

Also contrary to what someone said earlier, I think if someone is wearing a masks they often behave as though that somehow means social distancing is not necessary.

The Dutch government largely agree with this but are asking us to wear them anyway, mainly to stop the arguing. 

https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/face-masks-and-gloves

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Disagree - pretty much the opposite in fact.

Seeing someone out and about now without a mask, first reaction - what a scruff.

Second reaction, stay as far away from scruff as possible.

But with a mask? It's still better to be keeping distance. The same distance as a non mask wearer really. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

The Dutch government largely agree with this but are asking us to wear them anyway, mainly to stop the arguing. 

https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/face-masks-and-gloves

Portugal gone full in on masks - mandatory for anyone outside over 10 years old - fine up to 500 euro for any scruffs.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Yes, give or take 5,999,994.

You mean 1 in 6 gets it again? Where was that reported? I have not heard of any cases locally or in the wider region. What is the point of surveys then, this would prove there is no immunity whatsoever and probably no working vaccine for years. 

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You mean 1 in 6 gets it again? Where was that reported? I have not heard of any cases locally or in the wider region. What is the point of surveys then, this would prove there is no immunity whatsoever and probably no working vaccine for years. 

Nah he means about six people have been confirmed reinfection cases. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's what the rule was in Spain when I was there. Obviously that's why their covid situation is so good right now.

Yeah people visiting on holiday from other infected countries really hit them hard. Unsurprisingly. But, you know, motherfuckers gotta tan. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah people visiting on holiday from other infected countries really hit them hard. Unsurprisingly. But, you know, motherfuckers gotta tan. 

I don't suppose evidence for this claim will be forthcoming will it, thought not.

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, SasaS said:

No. I mean six people. Not six million, but six people, have been confirmed as having had it twice.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/Re-infection-and-viral-shedding-threat-assessment-brief.pdf

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't suppose evidence for this claim will be forthcoming will it, thought not.

You know and I know what the point is. Thats enough for me.

Whats your mask doing to you today? Pulling your teeth out one by one? waxing your ears?