Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1041 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't know mate but one thing is for certain, I'd bang Katie. 

The Welsh government have already confirmed Tesco are wrong.  They did not comment on Katie’s bangability 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, niallers said:

Forgive my ignorance but given that there's so many working on the/a vaccine , isn't it plausible that they are cramming years of work and research by a few scientists into months by a lot?  Does it work like that or am I being naive? I know they can't rush the clinical side of it but the research side can be expedited if a million scientists are pooling their efforts instead of a few dozen. 

I think it's how long they need to study the effects of it, not necessarily just the research & development of it. isn't it normally 5 years of trials before something is released for use? 

30 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

IFR 0.23%

122837735_3222424537886706_5925936812761

I think I mentioned some months ago that the fatality rate was likely to be between 0.2% and 0.3% (ie 2 to 3 times more lethal than flu) and this is in keeping with that. 

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

you can't sue anyone now if they make you ill. 

This is the part that has massively shortened the R&D phase - if their money was on the table there is no way it would get through that quickly.

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think I mentioned some months ago that the fatality rate was likely to be between 0.2% and 0.3% (ie 2 to 3 times more lethal than flu) and this is in keeping with that. 

Fucking brilliant mate.

Made up for you. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

388k dead then.  Hardly notice. 

Plus, we’ll be shot of all those old, fat, ill people that annoy us so much. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

388k dead then.  Hardly notice. 

More than that - if you look through the doc, it states England has a fatality rate of 1.16% (as of July 9th) - over 10 times more lethal than flu.

Edit: Same for Italy, Spain and Belgium.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

More than that - if you look through the doc, it states England has a fatality rate of 1.16% (as of July 9th) - over 10 times more lethal than flu.

Edit: Same for Italy, Spain and Belgium.

A mere 1.1m. 

20 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'll be getting a vaccine as soon as possible, and then I'll be chasing those holiday deals all over the place before the market picks up and rinses everyone. 

Nah fuck the vaccine just swan off mate fuck the global pandemic thats killed over a million people 

8 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Went for a test yesterday at 10.30 because I'd had a cough for a week. Got a text saying it was negative this morning at 7. Less than 24 hours later. All free, very impressive. 

Glad you haven't got it fella. I mean you'd have only gone out and started necking all the old women in your village anyway.... 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Glad you haven't got it fella. I mean you'd have only gone out and started necking all the old women in your village anyway.... 

Change the fucking record.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ha Ha, thanks. I think I had it in March anyway so ….https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiJ19raqdLsAhXLa8AKHYjjDv4Q3ywwAHoECAcQAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmPb8tb3D6N0&usg=AOvVaw3lhll5RTchKN7c4PYMbpzq

I think it's also worth remembering that any vaccine will be built on existing technology already proven to be safe, and also probably already in use (ie. for the flu vaccine). IMO the 'safe' part of the vaccine is not really in question, it's more the effictiveness that needs to be proven.

11 minutes ago, Jenson said:

I think it's also worth remembering that any vaccine will be built on existing technology already proven to be safe, and also probably already in use (ie. for the flu vaccine). IMO the 'safe' part of the vaccine is not really in question, it's more the effictiveness that needs to be proven.

Like the swine flu vaccine, yeah?

30 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Change the fucking record.

Says the man who wont shut up chatting bollocks and cries off when presented with evidence that he is wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Would you wait till her period is over though?

Depends. 

11 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Like the swine flu vaccine, yeah?

I would imagine so. There's no way a vaccine could be produced in such a short space of time without hijacking on the backs of existing vaccines.