You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

35 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I work in the local social welfare office here and it was mayhem on Friday after the schools and creches were closed down. Place was full of people having to make a claim for benefit. It's only going to get worse as the hospitality sector collapses.  Years of our Dept being neglected means we have nowhere the staff to cope with the demand placed on us, not to mention the risk to all of us having to deal with potential carriers  Really feel for all these people who are suddenly out of work.

My brother works for our local housing association.  He had to interview someone on Friday but when he got to the room the door had been locked and a ‘Do Not Use’ sign placed on it.  Only there was a bloke in the room.  Turns out that someone with the symptoms had been in the room previously so it’d been taken out of action. But only on the office side, the customer side door was open and the bloke had wandered in. 

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The Asda story cane from this chap who is somebody my mum tweets with regularly and she says he’s a straight bat, not a bullshitter. I did a search and there are some other tweets suggesting it was her handbag he was going for. 

My mate put this on a whatsapp then said it was her husband who filled him in. 

A730DE1F-6D54-46B1-9431-70E9A74537FF.jpeg

I'm waiting for the twats by mine to start breaking into other peoples houses for stuff. It was bad enough a few years ago when the road got flooded and as soon as everyone had to move into hotels they were stealing lead off peoples roofs as well as nicking upstairs tellies that hadn't been destroyed by the water. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My brother works for our local housing association.  He had to interview someone on Friday but when he got to the room the door had been locked and a ‘Do Not Use’ sign placed on it.  Only there was a bloke in the room.  Turns out that someone with the symptoms had been in the room previously so it’d been taken out of action. But only on the office side, the customer side door was open and the bloke had wandered in. 

Ffs! Nothing you can say to that is there.

It will get worse in the supermarkets. I went to one at 1 minute past ten (it opened at 10) 

The queue to the entrance to the car park was about 30 long. Inside was mayhem. Where I live its quite an older demographic but even they were giving each verbals whilst, in delicious irony, bulk bought everything in site whilst blocking the aisles coughing and sneezing on each other.     

13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Irish losing their pubs 

Had to happen mate.  Temple bar in Dublin was a disgrace last night. Pubs and streets jammed with no one paying any heed to social distancing (impossible anyway when you're pissed in fairness).   

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Had to happen mate.  Temple bar in Dublin was a disgrace last night. Pubs and streets jammed with no one paying any heed to social distancing (impossible anyway when you're pissed in fairness).   

A mate of mind has just gone back to Wicklow with his missus and 6 month old baby for a 2 week holiday, poor planning on his behalf. 

⚠️ Finally Boris has decided to take this virus seriously ⚠️

They have now decided they are going to test EVERYONE for the virus... All you need to do is send a shit sample off to 10 Downing Street , Westminster, London. SW1A2AA.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

⚠️ Finally Boris has decided to take this virus seriously ⚠️

They have now decided they are going to test EVERYONE for the virus... All you need to do is send a shit sample off to 10 Downing Street , Westminster, London. SW1A2AA.

Also they need to be labelled with the name of your local mayor

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

A mate of mind has just gone back to Wicklow with his missus and 6 month old baby for a 2 week holiday, poor planning on his behalf. 

Feck he's taking a chance there especially with the bairn

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Feck he's taking a chance there especially with the bairn

He's a Manc fan as well, his old man a big City fan, nice family though. 

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

What do you people think, he will this play out? Not just the UK.

I think it’ll be a monumental event in recent history. It’ll change the way we view the world and will impact on generations to come. But he probably won’t turn up. 

(That’s a joke before you get all excited)