Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1038 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

14 minutes ago, belarus said:

Have we ever paid VAT on PPE? As in, was it removed to assist in the crisis period and now it’s returning to normal, or we’ve never paid it and now they are doing it for the first time?

Waived during pandemic, but now it’s ‘over’ they’re sticking it back on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/23/treasury-confirms-it-is-to-end-vat-waiver-on-ppe-in-uk

• Upvote 1

Good thread, his best stuff since Shack. 

Wonder if him calling the loons who advocate for herd immunity by letting it rip “in the far-right corner of the graph” was intentional?

• Upvote 3

This is an interesting graph for the Liverpool area from Zoe (published today and is a weekly report I think). It does show a real improvement  - considering it takes some time for changes of policy and behaviour to filter into the stats because of incubation periods etc, it does make me wonder if it is perhaps a consequence of some of the tier 2 restrictions rather than tier 3 (look at the weekly graph). Although obviously hard tell but it looks positive. 

Screenshot_20201024-110220.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-110912.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-111135.jpg

14 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I absolutely love Sweden, spent a few weeks there a couple of years back .

It’s a utopia until you scratch the surface, listen to the views and look at the ins and outs in the bank account though.

I had a week and it cost plenty and that was in a budget hotel  with a room the size of a shoe-box , you must have needed a second mortgage to last a fortnight. We were lucky and had pretty good warm weather and did a lot of walking which they can't charge you for. Fav thing was the Vasa museum which i thought was stunning. 

So the colander heads can’t use Sweden now as an example of herd immunity/no mask bollocks. Basically they are pissing in the wind with their lies and rhetoric. 

24 minutes ago, mattyq said:

It's like Global Warming and Tobacco 

There's always a few who can be bought and/or are nuts 

Whilst I agree that is true, once again it is the publicity given to them by the "indepdent" outlets that make it seem like it is a relatively even split, especially when they happily falsely report scientific community split on such and such.

19 minutes ago, mattyq said:

It's like Global Warming and Tobacco 

There's always a few who can be bought and/or are nuts 

Usually funded by Koch, as indeed is the Great Barrington Declaration. 

The Great Barrington Declaration was authored by Sunetra Gupta of the University of Oxford, Jay Bhattacharya of Stanford University, and Martin Kulldorff of Harvard University.[1] The costs were paid for by the American Institute for Economic Research, a libertarian think tank that is part of a Koch-funded network of organizations associated with climate change denial.[14][15]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration

28 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Usually funded by Koch, as indeed is the Great Barrington Declaration. 

The Great Barrington Declaration was authored by Sunetra Gupta of the University of Oxford, Jay Bhattacharya of Stanford University, and Martin Kulldorff of Harvard University.[1] The costs were paid for by the American Institute for Economic Research, a libertarian think tank that is part of a Koch-funded network of organizations associated with climate change denial.[14][15]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration

Sounds like someone needs to bullet Koch.  I'd donate to a crowd fund for that. 

@Spy Bee how's Oxford Street? 

Seriously though what a gang of thick cunts. Gives the government more ammo to pass the buck and will just cause further lockdowns anyway by spreading the virus. Arrogant shit head cunts. 

10 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Books and birthday cards banned in Wales, what a time to be alive.

ElDXAK8XIAADz-f.jpeg

ElCpUOqW0AAbfSZ.jpeg

Books and Birthday cards are non essential items. How can they justify Tesco and the like being allowed to sell them but other book and card shops aren't even allowed to open? 

18 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Books and Birthday cards are non essential items. How can they justify Tesco and the like being allowed to sell them but other book and card shops aren't even allowed to open? 

It's a daft implementation really- I get that they're trying not to kill off 'non-essential' shops by allowing supermarkets to cannibalise their potential sales, but in reality, all people are going to do is order this stuff online. 

The numbers nationally and across the north west continue to go in the wrong direction with the Zoe data. Interestingly, the improvement in Liverpool continues to improve and Liverpool looks in best shape of all of Merseyside. 

Screenshot_20201025-100302.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-100658.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-100613.jpg

20 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

ElDXAK8XIAADz-f.jpeg

ElCpUOqW0AAbfSZ.jpeg

At least Phillip Schofield's book sales will be marginally down. So that's a positive.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Mudface said:

It's a daft implementation really- I get that they're trying not to kill off 'non-essential' shops by allowing supermarkets to cannibalise their potential sales, but in reality, all people are going to do is order this stuff online. 

Thats the point though. They don't want people loitering in Supermarkets looking at the latest book that has come out, Ideally you want to get people in and out as quickly as possible.

On 24/10/2020 at 14:52, Strontium Dog™ said:

ElDXAK8XIAADz-f.jpeg

ElCpUOqW0AAbfSZ.jpeg

A girl i know shared this on Facebook " what is happening in are country "she lives in st helens

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

A girl i know shared this on Facebook " what is happening in are country "she lives in st helens

Fuck sake.