You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Why do you think Starmer is a twat?

Seems to have done ok so far

Sturgeon, I think, is doing ok as well

You're kidding aren't you?

Starmer and Labour have been as culpable as the Tories in this shitshow for sitting back and doing nothing.

I don't get the Sturgeon love either. Yes, she's not shyed away like that cunt Boris, but things haven't been that great in Scotland in terms of how things have been handled.

She's also come out today saying she's going to come up with her own tier system. That's just as shite as an idea as a Tories one. Public need simple instructions.

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Didn't the UK have some order with Turkey in April/May? It sat at the airport in Turkey for about two months, presumably while the UK government quibbled over £25, then finally arrived and turned out to be a few boxes of Beef Hula Hoops.

The ventilators and antibody tests they got from China didn't work either (ventilators were dangerous in fact). People got paid thogh, obviously.

7 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

You're kidding aren't you?

Starmer and Labour has been as culpable as the Tories in this shitshow for sitting back and doing nothing.

I don't get the Sturgeon love either. Yes, she's not shyed away like that cunt Boris, but things haven't been that great in Scotland in terms of how things have been handled.

No, I'm not kidding

What exactly would you have liked Starmer to have done?

What's he culpable for? Did he fuck up Track & Trace, give billions to his cronies or fail to implement the Lockdown early enough?

The answer is no, he's not responsible for any of that. 

Can't say I'm an expert on how things have been handled in Scotland but the Public certainly seem happier with her than Johnson

5 minutes ago, mattyq said:

No, I'm not kidding

What exactly would you have liked Starmer to have done?

What's he culpable for? Did he fuck up Track & Trace, give billions to his cronies or fail to implement the Lockdown earlier enough?

The answer is no, he's not responsible for any of that. 

Can't say I'm an expert on how things have been handled in Scotland but the Public certainly seem happier with her than Johnson

Stop abstaining on every fucking vote and grow some balls. Their whole 'we support the government' rhetoric is absolutely pathetic.

They abstained again tonight. 42 Tory rebels at least had the guts to vote against. 

Stamer doesn't have to make any decisions, nor take any responsibility for decisions made. 

He can sit back and demand all he wants from the government without the repercussions. This is why it's a difficult job being shadow leader because even the dumbest voter realises this.

It is his job to call out the government though and Johnson is a useless twat. It's obvious the tories aren't listening to the scientist and their austerity for everyone bullshit has really started to pay dividends now, in more deaths. 

Absolutely shameless, just like when whe was tweeting underneath that mirror reporter's story about Cummings breaking lockdown to parrot what he was telling her, that's not the actions of a journalist but a paid press secretary. Shamless on every level.

20201013_204516.jpg

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I feel like the countries with female leaders have done the best. Most of them have seemed to take this more seriously from the start and were concerned with the right things.

That's just the media spinning that line.

Don't get me wrong, some female leaders have done great, but so have male leaders like in Greece for example. Jacinda Ardern is a fabulous human being as well as a great leader.

Don't think it's a gender thing. It's down to if the leader is up to the job and like you said, moving fast to get on top of it. If Germany had a male leader, I'm sure they would have dealt with in the same way because that's that's how they roll.

The most reckless of course have all been male leaders, UK, US and Brazil. They are all useless obnoxious cunts as well as being clueless.

Just now, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Stop abstaining on every fucking vote and grow some balls.

They abstained again tonight. 42 Tory rebels at least had the guts to vote against. 

I agree re the MI5 bill and a few others... no idea why they abstained

Not that it would have made a difference to the outcome

Think they're right in abstaining re the 10pm curfew

And grow some balls, fucking hell, do you think they're doing this because they're afraid of Johnson and his Govt? Do you not think you're being a bit fucking simple?

Some might think Her Majesty's Opposition should have a strategy for overturning an 80 seat majority and getting back into Government for the first time in 11 years but all they need to do is 'grow some balls'. Brilliant.. didn't Labour just suffer their worst defeat since 1935? Sure they did, if only they'd have had a big set of bollocks then. 

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Dominic Cummings told me over dinner, because I’m his BFF and you're not...

Fuck off you horrible cunt.

Cummings has had the 50k Council tax bill for the cottage he built on his father's farm squashed, you won't be surprised to hear.

This whole era is like revenge of the talentless. Where once gifted people walked the halls of Parliament and newspapers, bbc etc, now it's medicore grabbers and spongers.

14 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Do you have a preferred profession for PM?

May - Politician

Cameron - PR

Brown - Academic

Blair - Lawyer

Major - Clerk

Thatcher - Chemist

No. But to illustrate my point you have listed a pack of twats.

Its lose/lose for the likes of you and me     

16 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

She's an absolute menace; Pesto, too. Saw a great response to one of her tweets the other day, though, saying "give it a rest, Laura, they've already given the job to Allegra".

I mean all she's actually doing there is just straight up broadcasting the govt's propaganda to her 1.2m or so followers. It's fucking wild, and it's been going on for years. I don't understand how anyone can look at that and not think there are huge issues with the BBC.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Absolutely shameless, just like when whe was tweeting underneath that mirror reporter's story about Cummings breaking lockdown to parrot what he was telling her, that's not the actions of a journalist but a paid press secretary. Shamless on every level.

20201013_204516.jpg

The 'senior govt source' is Laura Kuenssberg. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Like, she was doing that kinda shit during the fucking election, too. That's quite problematic in a supposed democracy.

What I can't get my head around is that journos usually care about how they're viewed by their peers. Most if not all journalists who Work in that world must look at that kind of thing and think it's cringeworthy. 

Laura Cuntsberg, haven't heard a peep out of her for months since the Tories has fucked this up so badly and cunt Boris ratings have bombed, making out she's relevant again.

Peston is another Tory arselicking cunt. He can go fuck himself too, the mumbling stuttering fuck.

Disgraceful that these 2 journos who have their tongues so far up Cuntings arsehole always get to ask the first 2 questions in the pressers.

Peston got told about some of the restrictions a month ago and tweeted it before MP's even knew.

• Upvote 1

Facebook are banning anything that speaks out against vaccines, and at the same time we have this from July 30th :

(Reuters) - AstraZeneca has been granted protection from future product liability claims related to its COVID-19 vaccine hopeful by most of the countries with which it has struck supply agreements, a senior executive told Reuters.

With 25 companies testing their vaccine candidates on humans and getting ready to immunise hundred millions of people once the products are shown to work, the question of who pays for any claims for damages in case of side effects has been a tricky point in supply negotiations.

“This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in ... four years the vaccine is showing side effects,” Ruud Dobber, a member of Astra’s senior executive team, told Reuters.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that this has potentially disastrous consequences for us as a species further down the line.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Oxford vaccine for me Clive.

ucmonkman_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqOUXNkuaWnsqcZP1ZJrxCo5AUtcosy2k0gmSxiUCJ2zk.jpg

Not for me Clive, I'll have Cambridge vaccine.

"Are there any alternatives?"

"Well....I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but there's one alternative that you might be interested in..."

"Go on then, what?"

"Oxbridge vaccine."

24 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Think they're right in abstaining re the 10pm curfew

And grow some balls, fucking hell, do you think they're doing this because they're afraid of Johnson and his Govt? Do you not think you're being a bit fucking simple?

Some might think Her Majesty's Opposition should have a strategy for overturning an 80 seat majority and getting back into Government for the first time in 11 years but all they need to do is 'grow some balls'. Brilliant.. didn't Labour just suffer their worst defeat since 1935? Sure they did, if only they'd have had a big set of bollocks then. 

On the face of it, not a good look for Labour.

Deeper dive though, is this a ploy to get more Tories to turn on Johnson and Cummings?  The 42 can't win a vote, even with a handful of other party votes, so the busy bastards will have to plot and scheme in the background to turn 42 into 120 or so to have any chance of winning a vote against the government.  

I agree with Labour on this. 

It's not a Labour problem. 

It's a government problem. 

It's a Tory problem.  

The Kuennsberg quote goes to show how much it has rattled someone, to the point some Tories are begging for Labour to help them.