You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

43 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

My missus had swine flu. Never seen anyone so sick outside of a hospital. I was about half an hour from calling an ambulance until she perked up a bit and was just terribly ill, and not on death's door. 

I had a mild bout of swine flu and it was nasty but I got through it. I'd treat the illness with the respect it deserves, same as any illness.

Saw something the other day that it looks like its come from a bio lab that's about 300 yards from this food market in Wuham.

I personally think this is a man made virus and the Chinese like the Russians after Chernobyl are hiding the truth and the extent of this pandemic.

Unless a cure is found it could be the start of the Zombie apocalypse.

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

My missus had swine flu. Never seen anyone so sick outside of a hospital. I was about half an hour from calling an ambulance until she perked up a bit and was just terribly ill, and not on death's door. 

I had swine flu it wasn't anything that bad but that said I'm old now so maybe this'll finish me

12 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Saw something the other day that it looks like its come from a bio lab that's about 300 yards from this food market in Wuham.

I personally think this is a man made virus and the Chinese like the Russians after Chernobyl are hiding the truth and the extent of this pandemic.

Unless a cure is found it could be the start of the Zombie apocalypse.

RP will be along in a minute. 

16 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Joking aside, is anyone actually worried? Like, genuinely troubled about future development of the virus? 

Believing everything that's printed in the Daily's Mail and Express like i do, I think this is the end of days. 

Nah. When me number's up, it's up. I'm heading out to the Far East tonight for three weeks. Couldn't care less. In fact the upside is hopefully everywhere will be quieter. 

2 hours ago, rb14 said:

Nah. When me number's up, it's up. I'm heading out to the Far East tonight for three weeks. Couldn't care less. In fact the upside is hopefully everywhere will be quieter. 

Wow, just wow. Yes, Im a believer that when your time's up, that's it. But at the same time, I dont walk across motorways or jump on a raft to paddle to the Isle of Man either.

On a serious note, while not overly concerned, I get the impression organisations like the W.H.O. and Governments are fiddling while Rome burns. God help us if it really does take hold or repeatedly mutates.

Some people say it only has a 3% mortality rate. Oh, so that's ok for all except the unfortunate 3% then.

I dont pretend to know any answers.

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

So that's Italy, Tenerife, Austria and Croatia now. All big holiday destinations. This is going to fucking explode.

Nice knowing you all, cunts.

Brexit bonus is that the outbreak will have fizzled out by the time we get to the front of the queue at the airport. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, M_B said:

Worried for my parents and auntie. All are elderly and my mum has breathing problems. This would kill her.

Not particularly worried about myself, although I'd like to see us win the league before popping my clogs.

Yes. I'm not worried for myself per se (although I don't take to being sick well!). But I do have small children who would be susceptible and have already spent time in hospital. 

Anyone stocked up on tinned food and bottled water? Related to that, I survived eating a two year old tin of custard at the weekend. 

I'm probably a gonner when this kicks in properly, I contracted Necrotising fasciitis and sepsis 9 years ago which destroyed my immune system and pancreas leaving me diabetic. Seems like this is inevitably going to be a pandemic even if thankfully the death rates are not that high. As a world organisation official stated a couple of weeks ago that we're always playing catch up and the only effective way to contain this would have been to aggressively restrict freedom of movement early on. We're at the point where it's near impossible to trace the movement of every carrier and who they came into contact with.

Looks like I have a genuine excuse to be even less sociable than normal, the wife probably won't take me self-isolating myself from her too well but then again....