You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Did anybody watch this? The black woman in the picture aside, they were just all very stupid and ignorant people. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jul/20/unvaccinated-review-the-most-infuriating-tv-show-of-the-year-so-far

On a personal note, my second day of being diseased has been worse than the first one. Just really tired, hot, achey and really congested nasally and on my chest. Although, I’ve started to feel a bit brighter in the past half hour. 

It’s not quite as bad as flu but probably worse than the worst cold I’ve had. The symptoms timeframe seems to be the same as the person who I suspect infected me and they picked up a bit from day 3 onwards, so fingers crossed. 

14 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It’s not quite as bad as flu but probably worse than the worst cold I’ve had. The symptoms timeframe seems to be the same as the person who I suspect infected me and they picked up a bit from day 3 onwards, so fingers crossed. 

It's about 75% of the flu, it's nothing like the cold despite the efforts of a few gobshites on here. 

Glad you're feeling better. Who infected you? a gay fella? 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's about 75% of the flu, it's nothing like the cold despite the efforts of a few gobshites on here. 

Glad you're feeling better. Who infected you? a gay fella? 

Yes. I just need to single out which one. That’s the risk of chemsex gangbangs. 

Nah. I suspect it was my ma. Spent a bit of time with her last week and she’s got it too. Tested positive before I did. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Yes. I just need to single out which one. That’s the risk of chemsex gangbangs. 

Nah. I suspect it was my ma. Spent a bit of time with her last week and she’s got it too. Tested positive before I did. 

giphy.gif

Thats my week fucked then. 

• Upvote 1

I'm absolutely goosed at the moment with all the Covid symptoms, just lay in bed watching TV but I've done 3 tests in the last 2 days and all negative.

Think there's a super cold knocking about. 

First time I've been unwell since I had Covid a few years back.

• Upvote 2

Mario Draghi has confirmed his resignation as Italy’s prime minister after an attempt to salvage his broad coalition failed when three key parties snubbed a confidence vote, paving the way for snap elections that could take place as early as late September.

Draghi formally handed his resignation to President Sergio Mattarella on Thursday morning and it was accepted.

Italian PM Mario Draghi resigns after attempt to salvage coalition fails

Covid authoritarian cunt. Shame it didn't happen sooner.

14 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Did anybody watch this? The black woman in the picture aside, they were just all very stupid and ignorant people. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jul/20/unvaccinated-review-the-most-infuriating-tv-show-of-the-year-so-far

The one in the pink top made me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty vaccine needle within the first 15 minutes.

Just now, Nelly-Matip said:

She was awful. The other one was too. The younger woman who went on protests. But, she was quite tidy and had massive chebs, so, swings and roundabouts and all that…

There is a huge correlation between that mob and massive tits 

15 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

She was awful. The other one was too. The younger woman who went on protests. But, she was quite tidy and had massive chebs, so, swings and roundabouts and all that…

There was a similar documentary on BBC Three years ago where they took creationists to try and convince them about Evolution, their was an Irish guy with the same belligerence as that Vicky character.

4 hours ago, Elite said:

I'm absolutely goosed at the moment with all the Covid symptoms, just lay in bed watching TV but I've done 3 tests in the last 2 days and all negative.

I think you're probably right about the super cold. My Mum has been ill and I mean ill for a week but has tested negative from the start.

Having said that, knowing her she more than likely hasn't been testing properly, she's bad enough trying to use the oximeter.

Whatever it is, get well soon mate.

20 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I think you're probably right about the super cold. My Mum has been ill and I mean ill for a week but has tested negative from the start.

Having said that, knowing her she more than likely hasn't been testing properly, she's bad enough trying to use the oximeter.

When my mum had it she tested herself after a week and proudly announced she had no lines on the test. 

• Upvote 1

Went for a 5 minute walk earlier as I was getting cabin fever (ensuring that I avoided close contact with people), the first walk since testing positive and, fuck me, it’s different gravy this Covid. 

I was fucked when I got back. Not short of breath or anything, just totally drained and felt like I had no energy. I was similar during the walk itself too. No spring in my step. It just felt much harder to do than it was before getting Covid. And, mine sounds like a rather mild case too. 

I’m only on the fourth day of it. So, a lesson learned today, I’m doing fuck all that involves using any real energy for the next 3 to 4 days. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Went for a 5 minute walk earlier as I was getting cabin fever (ensuring that I avoided close contact with people), the first walk since testing positive and, fuck me, it’s different gravy this Covid. 

I was fucked when I got back. Not short of breath or anything, just totally drained and felt like I had no energy. I was similar during the walk itself too. No spring in my step. It just felt much harder to do than it was before getting Covid. And, mine sounds like a rather mild case too. 

I’m only on the fourth day of it. So, a lesson learned today, I’m doing fuck all that involves using any real energy for the next 3 to 4 days. 

You're likely to experience that for a few weeks too. Cunt of a thing. 

On 23/07/2022 at 11:26, Nelly-Matip said:

I read last night that post infection fatigue can last up to 3 to 4 weeks and sometimes longer. 

I have no idea whether it’s the only reason, there probably are some other factors at play, but I had Covid in November of last year and I’ve suffered from fatigue ever since.

Sometimes it’s pretty debilitating, more often it’s just there. Manageable but inconvenient. 

I think we’ve more to learn about the long term direct, and indirect, impact of this thing.

Hopefully you will bounce back quickly.  

On 21/07/2022 at 12:28, Elite said:

On 21/07/2022 at 17:26, Harry's Lad said:

There seems to be some evidence that these current variants can escape the test.

(Can’t remember where) I read that if you have a sore throat and other typical symptoms you should assume it’s Covid