You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

37 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

If Omicron is a milder version I'm so glad I didn't catch one of the earlier variants because this one is kicking the shit out of me.

A cough that won't stop once it starts, a stuffed up nose which thankfully Otrivine is helping with because I imagine thats what being waterboarded feels like, sore throat, aches and pains particularly behind the shoulder blades, cold sweats and an absolute bitch of a headache.

The NHS have contacted me three times so far and I'm waiting for another call when I'll find out exactly what the treatment will be and in what form.

The fella I spoke to yesterday seems to think it'll be an intravenous infusion and not tablets because of some of the meds I'm already on.

You watch it clash with the unmentionable this afternoon.

My lad's just told us his youngest who'll be 3 next month and has Downs has started displaying symptoms as well, poor little mite.

As RedSand says, thank fuck for the vaccine and boosters. I'm triple jabbed and I shudder to think how bad it could be if I wasn't. 

My other Granddaughter has got it now and the hospital has just rang.

I go in for  intravenous medication today, AT FIVE O FUCKING CLOCK.

Fucking nap.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Had a read of this. I had mild Covid in December 2020. I’ve noticed ever since then that I find it harder to breathe when exhorting myself, and am more fatigued. I would t say it’s a major issue, but anyone else think there may have been a knock on effect for them?

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3487747-experts-perplexed-over-number-of-people-getting-long-covid/

Hi mate. I caught the bastard the other week while on holiday. Laid out proper for three days and felt shit for two weeks after. Still getting the tiredness (but that's ebbing away). Going to go out on the bike this aft before the unmentionable and see how it's affected my lung capacity. I'm hoping the jolt to my CV system will get things moving again.

But yeah, the aftereffects do seem prolonged. Hope you feel better soon. 

9 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

I only died for 3 days then came back just in time for Easter. 

You recover?

Weeks later and I still get tired really easily - plus lungs not what they were. 

Day 6 for me, still grotty, sweaty but no temp, and on cup final day when all I want is to feel normal and have a bucket of cold lager. 

Who are these lucky asymptomatic cunts? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

My other Granddaughter has got it now and the hospital has just rang.

I go in for  intravenous medication today, AT FIVE O FUCKING CLOCK.

Fucking nap.

Best wishes, mate. My sister had the treatment earlier in the year- she's on the highly vulnerable list too- and it sorted her out, so I'm sure you'll be back being pestered by the grandkids soon.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Best wishes, mate. My sister had the treatment earlier in the year- she's on the highly vulnerable list too- and it sorted her out, so I'm sure you'll be back being pestered by the grandkids soon.

Thanks mate.

I have to go for it, I'd be stupid not to, but the timing couldn't be worse.

I asked the fella who rang me up if there was a telly in the ward and he said no, it's just a room.

I'm sure he was a fucking Bloo.

I'll take my tablet and hopefully someone will be kind enough to give me the WiFi password because there is virtually no O2 signal there.

The infusion starts at 5:00 and is a slow one apparently and you have to stay for an hour after in case of a reaction. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

If Omicron is a milder version I'm so glad I didn't catch one of the earlier variants because this one is kicking the shit out of me.

A cough that won't stop once it starts, a stuffed up nose which thankfully Otrivine is helping with because I imagine thats what being waterboarded feels like, sore throat, aches and pains particularly behind the shoulder blades, cold sweats and an absolute bitch of a headache.

The NHS have contacted me three times so far and I'm waiting for another call when I'll find out exactly what the treatment will be and in what form.

The fella I spoke to yesterday seems to think it'll be an intravenous infusion and not tablets because of some of the meds I'm already on.

You watch it clash with the unmentionable this afternoon.

My lad's just told us his youngest who'll be 3 next month and has Downs has started displaying symptoms as well, poor little mite.

As RedSand says, thank fuck for the vaccine and boosters. I'm triple jabbed and I shudder to think how bad it could be if I wasn't. 

Sorry to hear about your grandson. 
Hope the little man doesn’t suffer too much.

Your symptoms are very close to mine. Especially the aches behind the shoulder blades.

Hope and wish you get your treatments quickly and steadily. Wish your whole family a steady, safe and speedy recovery.

Wish everyone suffering here the same sentiments.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RedSand said:

Sorry to hear about your grandson. 
Hope the little man doesn’t suffer too much.

Your symptoms are very close to mine. Especially the aches behind the shoulder blades.

Hope and wish you get your treatments quickly and steadily. Wish your whole family a steady, safe and speedy recovery.

Wish everyone suffering here the same sentiments.

Cheers mate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Thanks mate.

I asked the fella who rang me up if there was a telly in the ward and he said no, it's just a room.

I'll take my tablet and hopefully someone will be kind enough to give me the WiFi password because there is virtually no O2 signal there.

The infusion starts at 5:00 and is a slow one apparently and you have to stay for an hour after in case of a reaction. 

Fucking hell mate. Firstly best of luck and secondly I hope you manage to get some of the game x 

On 14/05/2022 at 13:58, Harry's Lad said:

Thanks mate.

How are you feeling?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mudface said:

How are you feeling?

I'm improving mate thanks for asking, though I thought that yesterday and got twatted again last night.

Still coughing though not as bad and the headache has finally gone.

Tired, but I do feel a lot better today.

• Upvote 1

“Eric Clapton, who last summer declared that he reserved the right to cancel performances at venues where audience members were required to show proof of Covid vaccination, has indeed canceled two shows, but for another reason: Clapton just tested positive for the coronavirus.

The announcement of the show cancelations in Zurich and Milan was made on Clapton’s official Facebook page last night.

“Eric Clapton is unfortunately suffering from Covid having tested positive shortly after the second concert at the Royal Albert Hall,” the post reads. He has been told by his medical advisors that if he were to resume traveling and performing too soon, it could substantially delay his full recovery. Eric is also anxious to avoid passing on any infection to any of his band, crew, Promoters, their staff and of course the fans.”

I had to cancel an appointment at the dentist this week after waiting ages to get one. 

When I was eating my tea earlier I'm chewing away then crunch, crunch, crunch.

The crown in my front tooth's come out, so I'm going to be sat here with teeth that look like a row of bombed houses until the dentist will see me after having Covid.

What a fucking week.

20 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I had to cancel an appointment at the dentist this week after waiting ages to get one. 

When I was eating my tea earlier I'm chewing away then crunch, crunch, crunch.

The crown in my front tooth's come out, so I'm going to be sat here with teeth that look like a row of bombed houses until the dentist will see me after having Covid.

What a fucking week.

Fuck sake mate. Hope you get it sorted quick 

16 hours ago, Mudface said:

You should be getting rid of bananas and any other soft fruit so the monkeys and their zombie slave pox army don't seek you out.

15 hours ago, Elite said:

I'd happily join that army.

image.jpeg