You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

The family all came round for drinks for my birthday on Sunday.

My youngest Granddaughter (3) tested positive on Tuesday and is improving, my Daughter tested positive last night and is ill, and my Mrs tested positive this morning but so far seems fine.

I'm not 100% because of Hayfever and tested negative. So I'll do another test tomorrow morning. 

I've been lucky and managed to swerve it so far, fingers crossed I still have.

• Upvote 2

On a Royal Caribbean ship currently docked in Le Harve I've been positive since Tuesday so been going stir crazy in a very nice but very boring room on board. 

Thankfully we hit Southampton tomorrow so obviously all things considered I'll be heading home but its fucking rife on here and the shady bastards haven't even hinted at anything about an outbreak. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

On a Royal Caribbean ship currently docked in Le Harve I've been positive since Tuesday so been going stir crazy in a very nice but very boring room on board. 

Thankfully we hit Southampton tomorrow so obviously all things considered I'll be heading home but its fucking rife on here and the shady bastards haven't even hinted at anything about an outbreak. 

Got the internet package though you swanky cunt 

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

The family all came round for drinks for my birthday on Sunday.

My youngest Granddaughter (3) tested positive on Tuesday and is improving, my Daughter tested positive last night and is ill, and my Mrs tested positive this morning but so far seems fine.

I'm not 100% because of Hayfever and tested negative. So I'll do another test tomorrow morning. 

I've been lucky and managed to swerve it so far, fingers crossed I still have.

I tested myself on Monday, clear.

I wake on Tue feeling ok, but feel a cold coming on. 

My 11 year old lad cracked a tooth on Tue so I tested him before we went to the dentist that afternoon, and he was clear. 

We come back from dentist and I'm feeling like the cold is getting a bit worse so I test myself...*SPOILER*...Covid. Second line was thick as a bastard and came up immediately.  I did a double take and it took 20 seconds for me to compute it, I've probably done 300+ LFTs and each time theyve looked the same until now!

I texted the dentist to say soz (they even told me to take my mask off in the dental surgery). 

So, this is day three of isolation in the spare room.  Feeling grotty but ok.  Have watched Dune, my third try at watching it, glad I stuck with it. 

Have also watched an hour of 'The Little Things', 'Moonfall', 'The Prestige', and something else, and binged a load of Key and Peele.  

I was out with old colleagues last night in Leeds (but of advice, don’t go to Leeds when they play Chelsea) and they informed me that before visiting their national distribution centre they have to take a LFT.  Which they must pay for themselves.  

30 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I tested myself on Monday, clear.

I wake on Tue feeling ok, but feel a cold coming on. 

My 11 year old lad cracked a tooth on Tue so I tested him before we went to the dentist that afternoon, and he was clear. 

We come back from dentist and I'm feeling like the cold is getting a bit worse so I test myself...*SPOILER*...Covid. Second line was thick as a bastard and came up immediately.  I did a double take and it took 20 seconds for me to compute it, I've probably done 300+ LFTs and each time theyve looked the same until now!

I texted the dentist to say soz (they even told me to take my mask off in the dental surgery). 

So, this is day three of isolation in the spare room.  Feeling grotty but ok.  Have watched Dune, my third try at watching it, glad I stuck with it. 

Have also watched an hour of 'The Little Things', 'Moonfall', 'The Prestige', and something else, and binged a load of Key and Peele.  

I tested last night because I was feeling a bit shit and it was negative and again this morning with the same result.

I just don't feel 'right' though. 

I always get Hayfever this time of year and at first I dismissed it as that, but the Pirinase isn't sorting it and this feels a bit more.

I'll test again later on tonight.

Hope you're feeling better soon mate.

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I was out with old colleagues last night in Leeds (but of advice, don’t go to Leeds when they play Chelsea) and they informed me that before visiting their national distribution centre they have to take a LFT.  Which they must pay for themselves.  

Sound advice, always been a horrific fixture that.

After managing to avoid it for so long it's finally got me the bastard.

I've notified the NHS because I'm classed as extremely clinically vulnerable and they're contacting me within the next 24 hrs about some medication.

I'm not too bad atm, but I am worse than I was this morning. Taste and smell are ok so I still get to enjoy a nice beer in front of the telly!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

After managing to avoid it for so long it's finally got me the bastard.

I've notified the NHS because I'm classed as extremely clinically vulnerable and they're contacting me within the next 24 hrs about some medication.

I'm not too bad atm, but I am worse than I was this morning. Taste and smell are ok so I still get to enjoy a nice beer in front of the telly!

Make sure they do mate. x

On 12/05/2022 at 07:37, TheHowieLama said:

North Korea has just registered their first case. That's right, only one so far.

In other North Korean news Kim Jong-Un had four holes in one in his last round of golf.

In typical North Korean overachieving - they went from one case yesterday to over 350k today with multiple deaths reported.

On 12/05/2022 at 12:37, TheHowieLama said:

North Korea has just registered their first case. That's right, only one so far.

In other North Korean news Kim Jong-Un had four holes in one in his last round of golf.

Supweme leader, give thanks to best golfer dotards.

Boss came back from an overseas trip last Wednesday.

Came into work on Thursday and Friday.

Left home early on Friday as his wife was Positive and he confirmed positive on Saturday, but didn’t tell us till Monday. HR did send a generic someone in the office has Covid notice. We are fully masked at work but that still didn’t help this time.

After doing stuff with family and friends over the weekend I start feeling shitty Sunday night. Come up Negative on an antigen test.

Monday morning feeling worse, still negative on an new antigen test. Go and get a PCR test done just to be sure.

Feel like dog shit with strong flu like symptoms Monday and Tuesday. Heavy head, stuffy nose, bastard of a sore throat, body aches, hot sweats and cold chills and interestingly a feeling of pins and needles in my nostrils.

Covid positive confirmed on Wednesday

but slowly getting better. Continue recovering the rest of the week.

My 19mth old daughter suffered badly on Wednesday and Thursday and is only now coming back to her playful self.

The wife got it Thursday and is still going through it today.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend we all clear it.

Thank FUCK for the vaccine and boosters.

• Upvote 5

Had a read of this. I had mild Covid in December 2020. I’ve noticed ever since then that I find it harder to breathe when exhorting myself, and am more fatigued. I would t say it’s a major issue, but anyone else think there may have been a knock on effect for them?

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3487747-experts-perplexed-over-number-of-people-getting-long-covid/

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Had a read of this. I had mild Covid in December 2020. I’ve noticed ever since then that I find it harder to breathe when exhorting myself, and am more fatigued. I would t say it’s a major issue, but anyone else think there may have been a knock on effect for them?

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3487747-experts-perplexed-over-number-of-people-getting-long-covid/

Blowing your own trumpet exhausts you? 

• Upvote 2

If Omicron is a milder version I'm so glad I didn't catch one of the earlier variants because this one is kicking the shit out of me.

A cough that won't stop once it starts, a stuffed up nose which thankfully Otrivine is helping with because I imagine thats what being waterboarded feels like, sore throat, aches and pains particularly behind the shoulder blades, cold sweats and an absolute bitch of a headache.

The NHS have contacted me three times so far and I'm waiting for another call when I'll find out exactly what the treatment will be and in what form.

The fella I spoke to yesterday seems to think it'll be an intravenous infusion and not tablets because of some of the meds I'm already on.

You watch it clash with the unmentionable this afternoon.

My lad's just told us his youngest who'll be 3 next month and has Downs has started displaying symptoms as well, poor little mite.

As RedSand says, thank fuck for the vaccine and boosters. I'm triple jabbed and I shudder to think how bad it could be if I wasn't. 

• Upvote 5