You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Come on, you saw the proof he got the numbers wrong, she even says she’s not got the reach anywhere near his in the tweet. But now we know you are running a popularity contest.  If you were so keen on the majority view you be jabbed up like the rest of us.  Keep going though, when you go bang this time we’ll all be watching. 

Nice word salad, mate.  Got any croutons to go with that?

I've tested positive on an LFT this morning, now awaiting my PCR result. My elder daughter was diagnosed on Tuesday, so undoubtedly I've caught it from her. I've started calling her patient zero.

So far it feels like I've got a shitty bout of the flu - headache, sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, joint pains, and feel run down.

I was able to work today, not sure about tomorrow yet. As far as I know this is the first time I've had it, it's shite!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've tested positive on an LFT this morning, now awaiting my PCR result. My elder daughter was diagnosed on Tuesday, so undoubtedly I've caught it from her. I've started calling her patient zero.

So far it feels like I've got a shitty bout of the flu - headache, sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, joint pains, and feel run down.

I was able to work today, not sure about tomorrow yet. As far as I know this is the first time I've had it, it's shite!

At least you don’t have to wear a mask as of today! 

Hope he it passed with as little discomfort as possible mate 

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

My sister-in-law is a teaching assistant. Staff at her school have dropped like flies over the last week so no surprise when she went down with Covid today. Currently taken to her bed.

No spare supply teachers available in Liverpool apparently as they're all covering for absent staff.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

At least you don’t have to wear a mask as of today! 

Hope he it passed with as little discomfort as possible mate 

Cheers Stig. It's a ballache at the moment, wife struggling with arthritis, lad is on the spectrum, mum has dementia and dad is frail, so along with work I'm busy as fuck, could do without it, but shit happens.

Just means my sister has to take even more of the responsibility for my parents (she does most of the graft already)!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Cheers Stig. It's a ballache at the moment, wife struggling with arthritis, lad is on the spectrum, mum has dementia and dad is frail, so along with work I'm busy as fuck, could do without it, but shit happens.

Just means my sister has to take even more of the responsibility for my parents (she does most of the graft already)!

Good luck with it all bro 

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Look after yourself mate.

Thought this was some good number stuff, from NSW via the Guardian:

Ever since governments in Australia started sharing the vaccination status of those people unfortunate enough to have died due to Covid, or to require treatment in an intensive care unit, this information has been taken out of context.

The numbers often show that of the people who died, or are in the ICU, a significant number had been vaccinated.

Social media accounts of people who routinely share anti-vaccine misinformation, including some politicians, have taken this information out of context to present a false narrative that vaccines are ineffective.

When the number of vaccinated and unvaccinated people who have died, or ended up in ICU, is shown as a proportion of the total number of people in the state we can clearly see the protective effect of vaccines.

Here’s a visual explanation of these “per population rates” using data from the New South Wales government, which publishes figures for deaths and ICU by vaccination status weekly:

3AE82880-EDE5-4E3E-B821-3F96D5302555.png