You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I'm struggling to see any kind of gotcha moment with that Djokovic story. If the company did invent a treatment then that's a good thing? Some of the vaccine manufacturers are working on treatments in parallel to the vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm struggling to see any kind of gotcha moment with that Djokovic story. If the company did invent a treatment then that's a good thing? Some of the vaccine manufacturers are working on treatments in parallel to the vaccine. 

The cynic could think he is being a figurehead of the anti vax lunatic movement to make sure there are enough people to help him profit from his venture. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Some of the Freeman and Magna Carta nutters turned up at a vaccination centre new me.  They called the coppers who threw them out.  The sergeant was ace ‘I’m not standing for all that Freeman of the Land and Magna Carta rubbish’. 

I was just about to tag you in this to ask if it was your neck of the woods. More of this is needed. Don’t for one minute entertain their nonsense. Start ripping up their “legal” paperwork in front of them. Dickheads.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1484458926603227136

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

I was just about to tag you in this to ask if it was your neck of the woods. More of this is needed. Don’t for one minute entertain their nonsense. Start ripping up their “legal” paperwork in front of them. Dickheads.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1484458926603227136

It’s about 10 mins from me. Their reaction is priceless when it’s clear he’s not taking their shit, almost childlike.  

44 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s about 10 mins from me. Their reaction is priceless when it’s clear he’s not taking their shit, almost childlike.  

Jeez. That's only 10 miles from me too.

The human race is doomed. 

I deal with these Freeman on the Land types in work all the time. They're always either bad debtors and blaggers trying to escape their responsibilities or they're outright nutters. One weirdo sent in a letter with a thumbprint and some hair taped to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Em City said:

With the exception of masks, all restrictions, including Covid passes, have been removed in Ireland.

It's almost like Covid passes were not a slide into an authoritarian hellscape.

I know, anyone would think they'd introduced them as a response to a deadly worldwide pandemic and not as part of a New World Order coup.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Better start stocking up on pasta and toilet rolls again.

Monkey on loose in Pennsylvania after crash on way to laboratory

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/22/monkeys-escape-after-truck-carrying-100-animals-to-a-laboratory-crashes-in-us

Were they Chinese monkeys?! We need to know!

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I reckon about 2k max (but I could only see them from the top of Duke St by LIPA. Seen them twice. First time they didn’t have any police support and then second time there was about 4/5 vans following them. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Can't believe we'd have that many in our city. It's fucking shocking that. 

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Can't believe we'd have that many in our city. It's fucking shocking that. 

I’d imagine a lot have travelled into the city. It’s been advertised online for a while. But still, fucking idiots. 

Finally struck down after 2 years. Very strange as I’ve had it for a few days now as per the tests but felt much better the whole time than in the preceding weeks (sick but testing negative). In fairness I’d hedged my bets by getting triple jabbed and also banging down the horse paste. 
I feel very lucky, girlfriend had it a couple of weeks ago and she is an absolute trooper but got smashed to bits by it so I’ve seen the damage it can do.

• Upvote 2

I know where I'd rather everyone I knew lived over these past few years.

New Zealand - 3,058 cases, 10 deaths (per Million people)

United States - 213,874 cases, 2,626 deaths (per Million people)

United Kingdom - 234,835 cases, 2,288 deaths (per Million people).

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I know where I'd rather everyone I knew lived over these past few years.

New Zealand - 3,058 cases, 10 deaths (per Million people)

United States - 213,874 cases, 2,626 deaths (per Million people)

United Kingdom - 234,835 cases, 2,288 deaths (per Million people).

I think it’s becoming clear that Omicron is not that big a threat, certainly not big enough to imprison an entire nation. It’s utter madness and I’m amazed that people are putting up with it.