You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

This is what the US CDC has to say:

So you can still test positive, but not be infectious.

I’ve read similar. I may even be testing negative by then but it just doesn’t feel right that I could still be positive, yet out and about mixing with people. And it’s not 100% certain that I’m not still infectious. 

I already know that there are certain people I’m gonna have to lie to in this instance, and as I said it doesn’t sit right with me, but I don’t really have a choice. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I already know that there are certain people I’m gonna have to lie to in this instance, and as I said it doesn’t sit right with me, but I don’t really have a choice. 

Is there anyone you can think of that you are going to search out and stand around for a few minutes?

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve read similar. I may even be testing negative by then but it just doesn’t feel right that I could still be positive, yet out and about mixing with people. And it’s not 100% certain that I’m not still infectious. 

I hope bowling for columbine doesn't read this 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Is there anyone you can think of that you are going to search out and stand around for a few minutes?

Yeah, friends of mine that are gonna search me out in the school yard while we’re dropping off/picking up the kids. They have an elderly relative who they’re responsible for caring for and have gone over and above to avoid the virus. 

I don’t want to lie to them but they’ll overreact (my mate’s missus in particular) and I wouldn’t put it past her to pull their kid out of school, citing me/my situation as a worry. Kids in the same class, etc. 

43 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Has anybody on here gone through the full 10 days isolation period and found that they’re still returning positive LFTs. 

This is my eighth full day in isolation and the red line is showing up just as strong as the first time I tested positive. 

The law says I’m free to get out of here on Monday, even if I continue testing positive. Doesn’t really feel right to me. I’m no longer infectious but still infectious enough to test positive on the home tests…

Maybe you're like one of those fellas that start sneezing one day and then it doesn't stop for ten years.

And as the camera crew makes its way into Turdseyes house, we notice him on the couch. He's wearing a Hazmat suit for others protection. He's playing a Sega Megadrive emulator on the TV. He looks blissfully content. 

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, friends of mine that are gonna search me out in the school yard while we’re dropping off/picking up the kids. They have an elderly relative who they’re responsible for caring for and have gone over and above to avoid the virus. 

I don’t want to lie to them but they’ll overreact (my mate’s missus in particular) and I wouldn’t put it past her to pull their kid out of school, citing me/my situation as a worry. Kids in the same class, etc. 

Who is doing that while you are isolating?

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Who is doing that while you are isolating?

My missus. If you can convince her to keep me isolated for another ten days then you should take up a job as a UN Peace Keeper. 

I’m coming out of this bedroom on Monday, whether I like it or not. She made me aware of that earlier. IT’S THE LAW. So if I’m still testing positive I’m gonna have to lie to my mate. 

Knowing my luck I will still be infectious and we’ll end up swapping roles, with her then ill and isolating instead, plus the added bonus of me spreading Covid around the neighbourhood. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m coming out of this bedroom on Monday, whether I like it or not. She made me aware of that earlier. IT’S THE LAW. So if I’m still testing positive I’m gonna have to lie to my mate. 

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Turdicron.

No, convince her to do the pickup on Monday - if you test positive on Day 11 see Elite's comment and donate your body to science.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Boss said:

Maybe you're like one of those fellas that start sneezing one day and then it doesn't stop for ten years.

And as the camera crew makes its way into Turdseyes house, we notice him on the couch. He's wearing a Hazmat suit for others protection. He's playing a Sega Megadrive emulator on the TV. He looks blissfully content. 

Ha now I'm picturing Turdsy as Neil in the Young Ones episode where he can't stop sneezing. So Vivian puts a black bag over his head and hammers several nails into his skull.

Not say he should suffer the same though.

• Upvote 1